Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Xeno Metaseries Community

Hello, this forum is in read-only mode. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

+8
Valkyrie
kare_reiko
Xernova
Jintoki
chibi
Neosmith
HikariKuragari
LadyTwi
12 posters

Xenosaga I & II DS

chibi
    chibi
    Jr.xShion Pioneer!

Xenosaga I  & II DS - Page 2 Empty Re: Xenosaga I &II DS

Post by chibi Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:08 pm

kare_reiko wrote:Oh, I see it. Well it only was showed at that one page, no were else in game you can't see it.
    Anyway about that earring, once on Soraya DA were picture were she draw older Albedo with the same earring. She wrote that in story those earrings were suppose to be gift from their mother. Both Jr and Albedo were suppose to wear one of them.

Oh, wow, this is interesting info.  It would have been cute and hilarious to see Jr. and Albedo match like that.  It also would have been nice to see the URTVs' mother revealed.  I remember back when people used to speculate it was actually Juli...
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:47 am

I seem to remember people talking about how it might have been Juli.  If it was, that would make everyone shipping the URTVs with the 100-series very uncomfortable. >_>

Because even a robot half-sister is still a half-sister.  (I'm more willing to believe Soraya is their mom?)

Post by Guest Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:10 am

katimus wrote:I seem to remember people talking about how it might have been Juli.  If it was, that would make everyone shipping the URTVs with the 100-series very uncomfortable. >_>

Because even a robot half-sister is still a half-sister.  (I'm more willing to believe Soraya is their mom?)

... that would've broken my heart. ;_;
    chibi
    chibi
    Jr.xShion Pioneer!

Post by chibi Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:49 pm

katimus wrote:I seem to remember people talking about how it might have been Juli.  If it was, that would make everyone shipping the URTVs with the 100-series very uncomfortable. >_>

Exactly.  I'm very against Jr.xMOMO as a pairing to begin with, and this just set off all of my SQUICK feelings worse.  Though it doesn't really make much sense for it to have been Juli, other than she knew Yuriev.  I think it was just easier for people to use her as a speculation starting point.
    Neosmith

Xenosaga I  & II DS - Page 2 Empty Re: Xenosaga I & II DS

Post by Neosmith Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:58 pm

Well, there is the law of conservation of characters/detail in fictional worlds, so Juli made a good deal of sense at the time. But yeah, that would've made the Mizrahi/URTV dynamics even more perverse than they are already.

(If you do the math, then Joachim Mizrahi was 40 and Juli was 18 when Sakura was born. Oi...)
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:51 pm

That and I also think that the URTVs and the 100-series are very closely romantically associated in canon already, so making Juli their mother would have made the entire URTV line super-squicky. Not that people aren't hung up on URTVcest in the first place, which, like, hey, everyone has their ship, but I don't get incest, period, so. ::shrugs, waits to get shot:: I actually kind of root for Jr and Momo later on, like, when they grow up, but I don't think a lot of people know this because I spent all my time just saying ORMUS over and over.

And yeah, Juli, what are you doing running around with a 40 year old when you're 18?
    kare_reiko
    kare_reiko
    Donator

Post by kare_reiko Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:43 pm

katimus wrote:

And yeah, Juli, what are you doing running around with a 40 year old when you're 18?

Maybe she was his student or something? I sure that Soraya or Takahashi would be able to tell more about them for sure.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:05 pm

I'm pretty sure Soraya-san would gladly illuminate on the subject if someone were to ask her on Twitter.  (Also read: I am too chicken to say anything but YOU ARE SO AWESOME every time I get up the courage to talk to her so someone else should do it instead.)

(And I have no business complaining about 18 year olds being married to 40 year olds.  I'm the one who had a crush on Cyan Garamonde when I was 14 >_> )

Post by Guest Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:20 am

I'd be more than willing to ask her, since I'm really interesting in finding out for myself. I just created a Twitter account, but when I try to send her a PM, I don't have nearly enough space. Maybe I should just try DeviantArt?
    kare_reiko
    kare_reiko
    Donator

Post by kare_reiko Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:22 am

Well, many asked her Xeno questions but she don't answer anymore... I think what happen to Xenosaga and how Namco treat them still hurts and she close that part of her life... Sad
    But you can always try...
    chibi
    chibi
    Jr.xShion Pioneer!

Post by chibi Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:38 pm

She went through enough, and I think fans asking her 'Saga questions might dredge up some old wounds better left closed.  We can just speculate on our own. Smile
    Xernova
    Xernova
    Xerno Res Novae

Post by Xernova Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:25 pm

For anyone still in doubt about the translation project, the newest update posted on Romhacking confirms XSI&

II is still in progress. This was posted yesterday;

One game is often asked for, but it hasn’️t been mentioned by me for quite a long time – Xenosaga 1&

2. The translation is still progressing, and in fact, late last year, the story text was finished. However, there is still a lot of optional text left. The translation is progressing slowly, but the translator is as dedicated to the task as I am.
    W00t! Xenosaga I  & II DS - Page 2 >gif

Post by Guest Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:05 pm

Yaaaaaaaaaay I'm glad to hear that! \o/

Post by Guest Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:23 pm

Very nice! I got through the game fairly well in the Japanese version, but I would definitely like to play through the game in my native tongue.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:25 pm

That's awesome news! I can't wait to see the final product!
    Neosmith

Post by Neosmith Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:24 am

I really hope it's not an April Fool's joke.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:49 am

Well, seeing as Xerno posted it on the 2nd, I hope it's not? Unless our timestamp is off...
    Xernova
    Xernova
    Xerno Res Novae

Post by Xernova Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:27 am

Well, I posted it on the 2nd, but as I said it was posted the day before on Romhacking, so yeah, it was originally posted on April 1st. But I'm pretty sure it's not an April Fool's joke;

the update looks the same as any other update on the site. Besides, I doubt they'd make that kind of joke, given that they rarely post updates to begin with. It wouldn't be very funny for all the people who still faithfully check their site for updates.

Anyway, it's the 3rd now and they didn't say "April Fool's!", so yeah, I'm confident it's a real update. ^^
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:11 pm

Yeah, people usually update their stuff on April Fools Day before the day is over, but sometimes people are just lazy about it. Has there been an update since?
    Xernova
    Xernova
    Xerno Res Novae

Post by Xernova Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:23 pm

Nope, but well, the update also included the release of... something called "armips" and that alone seems real enough. Anyway, you can find the update here.

You can judge for yourself how "real it looks", but it seems perfectly normal to me.
    *Oh, at the end of the update there's actually a link to another project for a "Tales of" game translation which they confirm was not an April Fool's joke. ;]
    kare_reiko
    kare_reiko
    Donator

Post by kare_reiko Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:18 am

I want to remind about translation that Gwendal make for DS version. He translated many chapters (I asked him for ones that I seen are most different from original and there is some nice new info in them)

http://forums.xenotensei.com/index.php?topic=620.0
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:40 pm

Gwendal's work is always cool! It's really awesome that he translated so much at a request. :3
    Neosmith

Post by Neosmith Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:36 pm

It looks like the Romhackers have finished Oriental Blue.

http://aerie.wingdreams.net

I take this as an indicator that the DS of Xeno is not far behind.

Post by Guest Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:32 pm

!!!!!????

There is a translation for Xeno DS in the works???
    I might actually cry if this ends up coming to fruition!
    Neosmith

Post by Neosmith Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:52 pm

From what I gather, they're pretty much done with the text. But the game itself still has to be debugged, played through, etc. Still, I think there's a good chance we'll get a release before 2014.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:51 pm