Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Xeno Metaseries Community

Hello, this forum is in read-only mode. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

+4
Tehrin
Jintoki
Neosmith
katimus_prime
8 posters

ACen Xenosaga Panel

ACen Xenosaga Panel Empty ACen Xenosaga Panel

Post by Guest Wed May 14, 2014 10:55 am

Hey friends! I suppose this is just a quick announcement for anyone attending ACen, or really anyone who might be interested in such a thing!

As the title suggests, my sister (Ido on here) and I are running a Xenosaga panel at ACen this weekend! The panel is set up to be "flexible" depending on the type of audience we get-- spoilers are kept to a minimum in the slideshow, and much of it is based around being informative, but the door is left open for more in-depth discussion if most of the attendees are pre-existing fans! We hope to provide an enjoyable experience for everyone there!

So!
    It's on Saturday, at 2:45 PM in Panel Room 10!
    A surprisingly... central... spot for a game that no one seems to know much about anymore!! I'd say this is good news, I'm hoping it means that we can reach a lot of people -w-

Anyhow! Consider this advertisement and invitation for anyone here who might be at ACen to come on over and have some fun with us! For anyone who can't make it-- my girlfriend is planning on filming the panel for us, so expect a video online in the coming weeks.

<3333
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

ACen Xenosaga Panel Empty Re: ACen Xenosaga Panel

Post by katimus_prime Wed May 14, 2014 12:38 pm

Very best of luck with the panel! I'll be out of town, myself, but I am kinda tied to the east coast at the moment. Lookin' forward to seein' the Vid!
    Neosmith

Post by Neosmith Wed May 14, 2014 12:55 pm

Wait, you mean the Anime Central convention?

Holy -- why didn't you announce this earlier?

I'd totally take a trip out to Chicago for that, but now…

Anyway, keep us posted!

Post by Guest Wed May 14, 2014 1:14 pm

I'm so sorry for not announcing it earlier!!! It, for whatever reason, didn't occur to me to make an announcement here......... throw me out with the garbage, I can hang there with Ramsus.

Thank you for the enthusiasm and luck though!!! We're super excited, and sincerely hope we can deliver an excellent show. <3
    Jintoki
    Jintoki

Post by Jintoki Wed May 14, 2014 1:23 pm

I'll be there for sure! I won't be getting to ACen until Friday night, so I intend to get up really early on Saturday to get my badge, so I would assume/hope I'll be done with lines by then.
    Tehrin
    Tehrin

Post by Tehrin Fri May 16, 2014 7:40 pm

QuiteBrilliantIndeed wrote:I'm so sorry for not announcing it earlier!!! It, for whatever reason, didn't occur to me to make an announcement here......... throw me out with the garbage, I can hang there with Ramsus.

Thank you for the enthusiasm and luck though!!! We're super excited, and sincerely hope we can deliver an excellent show. <3

You should let people know about the other con~ :p

Post by Guest Mon May 19, 2014 11:28 am

Hey friends!!!!

The panel was both a HUGE success, AND we did indeed manage to get it filmed! The turnout was way larger than I expected-- it was an absolute thrill to see. -w- Most of the crowd was VERY familiar with Xenosaga, so the content was very much in-depth and full of rambling and spoilers, and general fun. I think it's the sort of thing that this forum would all over!!!

A big thank you to all who came, and all who wished us luck and support! We will definitely be back in the future!!!
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Mon May 19, 2014 4:07 pm

I'm so glad it went awesome! :D
    Jintoki
    Jintoki

Post by Jintoki Tue May 20, 2014 12:28 am

As I have rambled else where, I thoroughly enjoyed the panel! If I was less socially awkward, I would have tried talking to people more than I actually did. I think 90% of the pictures I took at the con came from the photoshoot on Sunday, which was also awesome.

Aside from the panel, it pains me that I didn't grab the really nice swimsuit KOS-MOS figure that was in the dealer area: http://www.otakuhq.com/images/pvc/PVC1508-9.jpg But after buying Perfect Works, I didn't think spending $145 on a figure was a wise decision...I obviously regret it, though.
    InsaneChronos

Post by InsaneChronos Tue May 20, 2014 12:46 pm

Jintoki wrote:Aside from the panel, it pains me that I didn't grab the really nice swimsuit KOS-MOS figure that was in the dealer area
    My girlfriend gave me this figure as a present on my birthday :blushblush:

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 1:59 pm

I'm glad people seemed to like the panel, we were surprised by how many showed up! My friend recorded it for us, and I uploaded it yesterday, so here's the link to it for anyone that wants to see it- https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdbHUY1NMzqNl42xgTzMKDHTCdDyCUEKn&feature=mh_lolz
    InsaneChronos

Post by InsaneChronos Tue May 20, 2014 3:49 pm

Cool! Thanx!

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 9:37 pm

Whew, I'm so glad I didn't stumble upon that swimsuit KOSY in the dealers room.... I've had my eye on her over the internet for several months now, and had I seen her, I probably would've kissed my paycheck and all food for a week goodbyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyye

OR, my girlfriend would've had to hold me back and drag me away. Probably this. I'm too broke, and I'm sure she's cheaper elsewhere.....

Anyhow!!! I hope you all enjoy the recording of the panel. -w-
    RadicalDreamer
    RadicalDreamer

Post by RadicalDreamer Wed May 21, 2014 6:01 am

I'm glad to see the love for Xenosaga in a convention like that.
    Sigh... it's not something I would see where I live (France). The convention I went to last year, Japan Expo, didn't even have Xenoblade related stuff... and yet it's more popular/known (I was a bit surprised really). I think the only Xenosaga related stuff I saw actually are a few poorly done figurines in a corner, Episode 3's soundtrack a few years ago... and that's it. A long long time ago though, I saw a video of a guy cosplaying Citan... but it was in a convention from another city.
    Neosmith

Post by Neosmith Wed May 21, 2014 10:34 am

Comments on the Panel Part 1(from the video)

1. So, on the panel, who is who? We don't see an introduction on the video.

2. Is there a youtube link to that opening video from the presentation, the one with the Episode 2 music, but clips from all 3 games? I really wanna see that?

3. I vehemently disagree that U-DO was a misnomer. I mean, that's what the official explanation was in Episode 3, but that is definitely not how it began. That is, I wish I was there to argue for U-DO as AI.

4. The female-centric focus of Xeno is something I think is definitely something that could be worth an academic essay. There are so many prominent female characters - I'm glad you discuss that.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Wed May 21, 2014 12:55 pm

FDGSHDK, okay, so my time has taken a trip down the stairs these past 2 days, but I started the first vid during lunch and got about halfway through! I'll try to watch the rest tonight, but I like how it starts at least! (WHYFISH.)
    mysticnocturne
    mysticnocturne

Post by mysticnocturne Wed May 21, 2014 5:11 pm

Watched it all and it was good! There were a few parts the audio was choppy at but I could hear most of it! I'm still jelly I couldn't make the funds to go out to ACEN ;;

Hopefully some cons will have more Xeno panels on the east coast too!

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 1:52 am

Neosmith wrote:Comments on the Panel Part 1(from the video)

1. So, on the panel, who is who? We don't see an introduction on the video.

2. Is there a youtube link to that opening video from the presentation, the one with the Episode 2 music, but clips from all 3 games? I really wanna see that?

3. I vehemently disagree that U-DO was a misnomer. I mean, that's what the official explanation was in Episode 3, but that is definitely not how it began. That is, I wish I was there to argue for U-DO as AI.

4. The female-centric focus of Xeno is something I think is definitely something that could be worth an academic essay. There are so many prominent female characters - I'm glad you discuss that.
    1.Ah! I'm the Gaignun, and my sister is the Yuriev. The earliest part of the panel contained introductions, but that was unfortunately, not filmed. ;0;

2. That.... was a video I made in a super short 30 minutes! I'm glad you're interested in it......? I guess I could post it separately if you'd like???? It's not my best work, but.....>

!!!

3. Ehhehehehe, wellllll, I was going with canon there. I'm also one to vehemently argue for the other side of this (U-DO as most certainly NOT an AI! This ain't Xenogears!) but that, my friend, is a totally separate discussion for another day. -w-

4. THIS IS MY MOST IMPORTANT THING, LET ME TELL YOU. I've slowly been piecing together some feminist thoughts and whatnot about the games, and plan on eventually doing a "feminist playing" of the game, wherein I keep a journal detailing everything that stands out to me. I'd LOVE to see an academic paper on the subject too-- I'd do it myself, but more open-ended, free-structured things like journals and blog posts are much more my style and far more fun for me personally. Long story short though, Xenosaga's female-centric nature is actually the best thing, and I judge all other video games on its scale...>

!

And to everyone else!! Thank you for the warm words!!!! Kat, let me know what you think of the whole thing!
    kare_reiko
    kare_reiko
    Donator

Post by kare_reiko Thu May 22, 2014 7:10 am

Wow, I will write my feelings while watching it so here I go:
    First, QuiteBrilliantIndeed did you make yourself that opening amv? It's been so long since I seen any good made amv from XS, and I would love to see it on youtube or somewhere...

How I would love to be there, I only know one person in my country who like Xenosaga, but we didn't really know each other so there is no one I can talk with, how many fans you had there?

I glad you come with that XS and XG aren't connected...

You don't have movie from later part? I wonder what people ask about etc.

You could bring some new people here, it would be nice to have some new faces on forum.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Thu May 22, 2014 7:55 am

Okay! So I watched the rest of it last night and I was really impressed! Usually the only string of words I can form together when talking about Xenosaga is asdfdsaf commanderrrr, and this was beyond awesome that yall were so spot-on! Just about everything was really positive and really factual, and I think that's really important to have in a panel and in fandom itself (even though I don't seem to find myself doing that a whole lot, I think there should be more fandom discussions like this!)

Also, I love that my shoutout went for my commentary about Jin being Citan's stoner brother. XD I think I can rest with that beong my claim to fame there.

I really do think that folks who write essays should post them up places (especially here!) The more that are posted and discussed, the better. There hasn't been a whole lot of discussion like that on XU or Godsibb in the past, but I think there's an upsurge in the environment that now is a good time to post them up! I tend not to soapbox myself because I'm not nearly as intellegent or knowledgeable about anything and research is a lot like schoolwork to me, but I do appreciate that people write essays. I'm mainly just a stupid coder/fanartist.
    Jintoki
    Jintoki

Post by Jintoki Sat May 24, 2014 5:11 am

Again, I'll say how much I enjoyed the panel.  I was a little surprised/embarrassed when XenoComi was brought up and I was mentioned, since my friends pretty much abandoned me when I went to the panel.  That and I haven't been working on the project as much as I should have.  >.>;

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:42 am