Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Xeno Metaseries Community

Hello, this forum is in read-only mode. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

+10
radicalblues
Yikari
seishoujo
kare_reiko
Valkyrie
Gwendal
katimus_prime
stitchedmoon
Xernova
Neosmith
14 posters

Xenotensei may go down

katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Xenotensei may go down - Page 4 Empty Re: Xenotensei may go down

Post by katimus_prime Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:56 pm

Wootwoot!  Hope you don't mind if I move that part over to the section for XSI&II.  I've created a new topic for discussion of the wiki - http://www.xeno-underground.net/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=405 Just to keep discussion of wiki matters away from this topic until something new with XenoTen comes up.
    Neosmith

Post by Neosmith Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:35 pm

So, any news regarding Tensei at all? It's been a while.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:11 pm

I haven't heard anything lately. :/
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:47 pm

Well, derp. Looks like GameFAQs is the type of place that doesn't send you an email when you get a new PM. I got in touch with AC. Since he wasn't one of the ones really able to do anything about the state of XenoTen itself, there's still no news on XT actual. He has requested that his essays not be put back up verbatim, though. He says if someone wants to rephrase the info from them, that's fine, but he wasn't pleased with the state of it in general. As for the essay translations, it's okay to put them back up. If anyone with access to the wiki wants to do that, feel free! (And if you want and don't have access to the wiki, I can hook you up.) AC's email address is actually on the pages of his study guide if people have it archived.
    Neosmith

Post by Neosmith Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:53 pm

Thanks Kat!

It's good to have some news.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:46 pm

Hey guys, I'm looking for someone who'd be willing to go through and post up the stuff from AC that he's given permission to post on the wiki (for eventual implementation into the main site). Anyone have the time and interest to do such a thing? My work is making it close to impossible for me to do this on my own, and being there for 12 hours a day burns me out to the point of not wanting to work on anything site-related by the time I get home. If people don't mind waiting for me, I can post them up eventually, but at the rate my brain is leaking information, I don't trust myself to remember it. I just know there's a little bit of a clamour to get the info up from XenoTen back up on the internet that I'm having trouble getting done all by myself right now.
    stitchedmoon
    stitchedmoon

Post by stitchedmoon Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:50 pm

*waves hand around in the air* I'll help if I can~!!
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:57 pm

Thanks, Stitched! I also got quitebrilliantindeed's help, too. Still looking for more folk for those that are interested.
    Neosmith

Post by Neosmith Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:18 am

Hey, Kat!

I think it is great that you are doing this.

I'd love to help, but I can only offer encouragement right now as I'm facing the toughest 3 week stretch of the semester.

If you have any missing material, I might be able to contribute with my archives.
    Eg. The Various Essays I've written over the last 3 years or so and interviews, guides, what not.

Let me know if anything interests you.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:44 am

That interests me quite a bit, Neo! I'll set you up with a wiki login in the morning. That way, you can go at your own pace.
    Neosmith

Post by Neosmith Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:23 pm

katimus_prime wrote:That interests me quite a bit, Neo! I'll set you up with a wiki login in the morning. That way, you can go at your own pace.
    Thanks!

Please pm me with the log-in details.
    Nikkolas

Post by Nikkolas Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:43 am

Um...I suppose I could try to help. What all would I have to do? I've never done anything like this before, and I'm kinda compute dumb.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:05 pm

That's fines.  :3  If you've got the patience to learn how wiki markup works, the sky's the limit.  I will try to get you set up with an account for the wiki tonight with some small instructions.  QB has started on some of it here - http://xeno-underground.net/wiki/doku.php?id=wiki:xenoten_archive but it's not complete.
    stitchedmoon
    stitchedmoon

Post by stitchedmoon Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:49 am

Woot! :3 It's looking good so far. I'm sorry I haven't been able to help with it yet. (We're still kind of in the process of rebuilding/moving back into our apartment after the plumbing incident earlier this year, also I just recently found out my mom is getting married this weekend ???!! so I haven't been as available as I'd like to be. I really want to help as soon as I can, though.)
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:34 pm

Man, your mom is so intense. *_* Hope everything goes well with that! And the move back in! I'm sure there will be plenty to do when you get back. Like I said, the more hands on this, the better. It'll build the wiki to be something just a little bit more than the sum of its parts eventually to have so many people working to build it up.
    Nikkolas

Post by Nikkolas Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:05 am

I'm pretty sure it is but I want to ask your permission Valkyrie to distribute that Dropbox link with all the Xenoten stuff in it. I post on quite a few forums with several Xeno fans who are missing XenoTen, and while I'm making sure to tell everyone about the XU Wiki, the Dropbox link would be nice to hand out too. This way the more people who have all this stuff, the greater chance it will never be lost. That seems like a very remote possibility thank U-DO but still, better safe than sorry.

But it's all up to you.

Also i just want to let everyone know I'm linking the XU wiki to every site I post on to spread the word and maybe ask for help since I know just posting the PDF looks kinda ugly and lazy. Maybe someone knows a simple but nice-looking way to add everything without re-typing all those billions of words.
    Valkyrie
    Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:32 am

Hi Nikkolas,

Nikkolas wrote :
    I'm pretty sure it is but I want to ask your permission Valkyrie to distribute that Dropbox link with all the Xenoten stuff in it. I post on quite a few forums with several Xeno fans who are missing XenoTen, and while I'm making sure to tell everyone about the XU Wiki, the Dropbox link would be nice to hand out too.

No problem at all. Do as you please :nice:
    I talk about my Dropbox-links and the XU Wiki on French forums, so if you can do this on English forums, it's perfect :nice:
    By the way, I would be curious to know the names of the websites where you know Xeno-fans.

That seems like a very remote possibility thank U-DO but still, better safe than sorry.
    ??? Sorry I don't understand that.

Maybe someone knows a simple but nice-looking way to add everything without re-typing all those billions of words.
    On the PDFs of my Dropbox, the text can be selected. So no need to retype everything...
    Nikkolas

Post by Nikkolas Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:46 am

Well let's see:
    Gamefaqs
    Narutoforums
    Spacebattles
    TvTropes
    Eyes on Final Fantasy

And that's about it for forums I know with active Xeno fans.

Also i said "thank U-DO" instead of "thank God" since U-DO IS God in Xenosaga. Just a dumb joke.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:05 am

Nikkolas, if you ruin into anyone who wants to help with the wiki, please have them email me! (I'm katimus.prime at gmail) Same goes for you, as well, Valkyrie! I'm open to having a french section of the XU wiki, though I don't think I could moderate it. :3

As for the text parts, I know software exists to detect text on images, but I'm not sure what it's called or if it's free. But I'll look into it.
    Valkyrie
    Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:11 am

Nikkolas wrote :
    Also i said "thank U-DO" instead of "thank God"

since U-DO IS God in Xenosaga. Just a dumb joke.
    :laugh4: I remember me making this sort of joke with UMN / Internet...

katimus wrote :
    As for the text parts, I know software exists to detect text on images, but I'm not sure what it's called or if it's free. But I'll look into it.

There is no need, thanks kat. I am well aware of "OCR" technology : optical character recognition. I will not talk you about all my professionnal life, but my current job is related to that  :nice:
    I use myself a pretty good software for that : ABBY Fine Reader 10.
    As you can see on this topic, it is rather efficient, even with Japanese characters :
    http://xeno-underground.net/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=14&p=8056#p8056

But for the love of God/U-DO , I don't understand the need of this software : as I said , the text on the PDFs can be selected.
    Maybe I should have saved the page in HTML format, so that they can be more easily used on a website... But you know saving a page in a HTML format is risky, above all when you are using multiple OS (Linux, Windows) like me : the risk of cutting the links between the different parts of the web-page.
    I am not very clever with that though, but I did some unpleasant experiences trying to save some XenoTensei pages.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:54 am

Hmm, now that I've actually taken a look at the PDFs themselves, it looks like I CAN select the text. Dunno why I thought we couldn't? It pastes in notepad relatively fine. It might not play nice with Word?
    chaos
    chaos

Post by chaos Fri May 16, 2014 4:55 am

Thanks for the files Valkyrie. So seems like xenotensei is gone for good? I miss that site and the forums. How do I access the wiki you are putting together?
    Valkyrie
    Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie Fri May 16, 2014 11:36 am

chaos wrote :
    Thanks for the files Valkyrie. So seems like xenotensei is gone for good? I miss that site and the forums.

I am afraid it is gone for good.

You have mentioned that you miss the forum : Hmm that makes me think about a weird question :
    About the members of XenoTensei like A.C. and Abel the Contact : they posted in the forum of XenoTensei in july 2013 (I am sure of it). There were many active and popular topics (Pied Piper Fan Manga, ODM scans Translation). So why didn't they come here to continue to speak about Xeno ?
    Well, a sad answer would be that they are not interested in Xeno any more. After all, many Xeno-fans disappear from the net after the end of Godsibb (Am I wrong ?).
    I know some members of XU are still in contact with them though.

How do I access the wiki you are putting together?
    Make a PM to katimus prime for this.
    If you know well the story of Xenogears and Xenosaga, would be interested to take care of the part of XenoTensei which analyse the both games together (the common timeline for example) ? I can't do this myself since I didnt clear Xenogears yet (high risks of spoiler).
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Fri May 16, 2014 11:48 am

http://xeno-underground.net/wiki/doku.php
    If you just wanna browse the wiki, this link is the one that works. :3

Please let me know if you want me to make you an account.

A lot of people from XenoTen just kept to XenoTen. I can't speak to why, but they are welcome here.
    Valkyrie
    Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie Sat May 17, 2014 11:08 am

katimus wrote :
    A lot of people from XenoTen just kept to XenoTen. I can't speak to why, but they are welcome here.

I am sorry, but I don't understand (I am French you know...).
    Could you explain what you wanted to say please ?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:05 am