Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Xeno Metaseries Community

Hello, this forum is in read-only mode. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

+10
radicalblues
Yikari
seishoujo
kare_reiko
Valkyrie
Gwendal
katimus_prime
stitchedmoon
Xernova
Neosmith
14 posters

Xenotensei may go down

Valkyrie
    Valkyrie

Xenotensei may go down - Page 3 Empty Re: Xenotensei may go down

Post by Valkyrie Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:35 pm

Okay.

So here are the links...

1) Xenotensei website (main website)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7mxp4fqbxzitosf/Xenotensei%20website.zip?dl=0

Note : includes translations of "The truth of Xenosaga", "Xenosaga Episode III Perfect Guide", "Xenosaga Episode 1 : Official Design Materials".

2) Exclusively Xenosaga-related contents

a) "Xenosaga Pied Piper" fan manga (translated in English) (chapter 1,2,3)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v96xeurctioo7vg/Xenosaga_Pied_Piper_Fan%20Manga.zip

You can also "watch" the beginning of chapter 4 here :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSDGNELMydE

b) Various translations of "Xenosaga I.II" (the game on Nintendo DS) :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lt6srf90zdhwfw1/Xenosaga%201%262%20%28DS%29.zip

Also don't forget that (maybe soon) an English patch will be released here :

http://aerie.wingdreams.net/

c) "Xenosaga Outer File" (Drama CD based on Episode 1) translation :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQcE5mp2fro&list=PL7H6QPIXwbUSENLm8r-1Odf1RDadjB74g

d) Xeno Emission 2 and 3 Comics Translation (WARNING HUGE SPOILS ABOUT XENOSAGA EPISODE 2 AND 3 HERE) :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/16qjhqw9bhw3zyw/XenoEmission%202%263%20Comics%20Translation.zip

P.S. : For Xenogears-related contents, I will make a post a bit later.

Last edited by Valkyrie on Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:29 am; edited 3 times in total
    Valkyrie
    Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:14 pm

So here is the following of my post...

3) Exclusively Xenogears-related contents

3.1) "Xenogears Perfect Works : The Real Thing" (Artbook) English translation.

Here are various translations of this artbook. No one in particular is totally perfect, and no one in particular is totally complete.
    Since there are many translations, you can cross the sources.

a) Translation of Ultimate Graphics

(size : 474 Mega Octets) (Yes, I speak in terms of octets, since I am French) : 
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/sn4ws3v1u1502xf/Ultimate%20Graphics%20-%20Perfect%20Works%20Translation.zip

b) Translation of Razael

(size : 79 Mega Octets) :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/asb4th5s4clvt1s/Razael%20-%20Perfect%20Works%20Translation.zip?dl=0

c) Other "Xenogears Perfect Works" translations

(size : 538 Kilo-Octets) :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z22bag8t1l0ln7h/Others%20-Perfect%20Works%20Translation.zip?dl=0

And that's it. Enjoy   Smile

Last edited by Valkyrie on Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:51 am; edited 7 times in total
    Yikari
    Yikari

Post by Yikari Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:07 pm

Big kudos for these!

I will need some time to get through these, but the mere promise of Ziggy had me download all of that anyway Smile
    Valkyrie
    Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:13 am

Yikari wrote :
    Big kudos for these!

I will need some time to get through these, but the mere promise of Ziggy had me download all of that anyway Smile

I am sorry, I haven't understood  confused "The promise of Ziggy"?
    Yikari
    Yikari

Post by Yikari Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:01 pm

Valkyrie wrote:
    Yikari wrote :
    Big kudos for these!

I am sorry, I haven't understood   confused "The promise of Ziggy"?

I should probably check my posts better before I click on that button  Very Happy .

I've meant to say that since there were words 'ODM translation' beside one of the links, I've been wondering if there were some comments about Ziggy's character design from his creators inside and what interesting tidbits they might possibly contain. Since, you know, (in my opinion, at least) there is not enough Ziggy in the games themselves and all that.

Thus, 'promise of [more] Ziggy'. I have no idea if it is anywhere close to allowed use of the language and not simply a case of wordsalad since I'm not a native speaker.
    radicalblues

Post by radicalblues Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:59 pm

Hello,

I'm just a general fellow Xenofreak who visited Xenotensei frequently, both for the website and the forums. The study guide was awesome, specially loving all the details on enneagram types and the jungian psychology and nietzschean philosophy behind the story. Avid Jung reader here. Fell in love with him from Joseph's Campbell "The Portable Jung".

Anyway.

I have a functional host ready to go, with no worries about bandwith or space for MySQL databases (for the forums, in case people want them back). I can not only mirror, but provide a new host for Xenotensei, if the owners (A.C. I think?) agree to it. I won't meddle in content, you'd just have to login to my ftp and manage from there. Of course, I don't intend to charge. My host is stable, hired from hostgator.com, and currently I run 2-3 differently themed websites on it, (xrdnet.com/kaya, /xrdnet.com/xjapan, for example), as well as a couple blogs, an invision board forum, and an image gallery.

I was actually working on a Xeno website called Xenoverse a few years ago, but I was busy enough already. It was funny to see xenoverse.xenotensei.com appear later. And I don't think I could do a better job than Xenotensei anyway.

So hope it reaches your ears, if you guys are interested, you got a free host waiting. I've also dealt with Google and malware infection issues before, they're a pain in the ass to solve, but keeping everything clean now. :2thumbs:
    Neosmith

Post by Neosmith Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:05 am

Hey, Radical. Glad to hear this! I hope AC, BK, Abel and CT get the message.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:23 pm

Bumping this thread to keep it on top.
    Nikkolas

Post by Nikkolas Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:38 pm

This is fantastic news! We must find a way to get that stuff back online. I was thinking maybe one of those Wikia websites everyone uses now. I found one for another series with a lot of fan involvement with translations and stuff called Ar Tonelico.
    http://artonelico.isisview.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

As much as everything on the website was great, I think priorities should be put on the Perfect Guide translation and the History of Xenogears and Xenosaga. Those two pieces seemed by far the most priceless and informative.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:55 pm

Hmm, do you think it might do to create a wiki of our own here or add it to the existing xenosaga wikia page? Mediawiki is very nice,but its security wasnt the best the last time I checked. Wikia might be a better, more neutral option.
    stitchedmoon
    stitchedmoon

Post by stitchedmoon Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:58 am

I like the idea of adding to the existing one, for a couple of reasons. :3 I haven't used it much in the past, but I would imagine a lot of basic information/media is already there, also we'd potentially be interacting with another part of the fan base and bringing the fandom together and all that cool fun stuff.

On the other hand, I could understand making our own thingy if we wanted to have one just focusing on translations and Xenoten stuff rather than general infos. :B

Post by Guest Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:23 pm

katimus_prime wrote:Hmm, do you think it might do to create a wiki of our own here or add it to the existing xenosaga wikia page? Mediawiki is very nice,but its security wasnt the best the last time I checked.  Wikia might be a better, more neutral option.

I feel like some of the content of the Study Guide won't be well recived on the Wikia. By the way, the site itself is terrible and edits would certainly be an improvement.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:26 pm

trexalfa wrote:
    I feel like some of the content of the Study Guide won't be well recived on the Wikia. By the way, the site itself is terrible and edits would certainly be an improvement.

Hmm, I hadn't thought of its reception elsewhere.  And woah, I knew wikia was a little bit ad heavy, but it's a lot more out of control than I originally thought.  I sent AC a PM on GameFAQs asking if he'd like to mirror his study guide on XU, and I'm perusing the different options for wiki installs.

Post by Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:20 am

katimus_prime wrote:
    trexalfa wrote:

Hmm, I hadn't thought of its reception elsewhere.  And woah, I knew wikia was a little bit ad heavy, but it's a lot more out of control than I originally thought.  I sent AC a PM on GameFAQs asking if he'd like to mirror his study guide on XU, and I'm perusing the different options for wiki installs.

I say it because that wiki seems like a community that would like to keep Gears and Saga separated, while some of A.C.'s articles try to link the two in future games. By the way, you got me with the intent of improving the wiki, the articles in Xenosaga (their main focus) are full of misconceptions, misinterpretations and too many things left to interpretation. The articles (with exceptions) are also awfully short. The same could be said about the Xenogears section, but it is actually worse. Because Xenogears is like a "sub-section" of the wiki nobody seems to pay enough attention to it, the articles are very short and they often offer contradicting information about the plot, also full of misconceptions.

I think, without sounding rude, that we'll be doing a service to the community by editing it, as it looks like the first source on the series a newcomer may stumble upon.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:21 pm

Hrm, sounds like it might do to launch an invasion of the Wikia. :D I still haven't heard back from A.C. yet, so I'mma set up the wiki on our site soon.
    kare_reiko
    kare_reiko
    Donator

Post by kare_reiko Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:48 pm

kat, if you need any pictures or something for your wiki let me know, maybe I will be able to help Smile
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:53 pm

Awesome! Thanks, kare!

Post by Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:19 pm

If you need to source anything, I have every cutscene from the games in my computer. So I am disponible to help too.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:39 pm

Okay, so it doesn't look like much now, but I set the wiki up.  
    http://xeno-underground.net/wiki/doku.php?id=start&do=register
    I have to authorize all the new users manually right now because there's no captcha available, but have at!
    Valkyrie
    Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:47 am

Katimus wrote :
    Okay, so it doesn't look like much now, but I set the wiki up.
    I have to authorize all the new users manually right now because there's no captcha available, but have at!

Okay, looking good. Thanks katimus. I have created an account (same pseudo, of course). Could you give me the "editing rights" please ?

Everyone, feel free to use and upload the files I provide with Dropbox.

By the way, I found this on the web, which give little information about the problem with Xenotensei :
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/199365-xenogears/67539120
    Valkyrie
    Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:32 am

About the "Xenosaga Outer File (Drama CD)"

English translation, you can now get the files here (130 Mega-octets) :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8wd51gd35o6t4c8/Xenosaga%20Outer%20File%20%28Drama%20CD%29%20Translation.zip

But please pay also a visit on my dedicated playlist on my YouTube channel :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQcE5mp2fro&list=PL7H6QPIXwbUSENLm8r-1Odf1RDadjB74g

Last edited by Valkyrie on Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:31 am; edited 3 times in total
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:12 pm

Valkyrie wrote:
    Okay, looking good. Thanks katimus. I have created an account (same pseudo, of course). Could you give me the "editing rights" please ?

I just granted you editing rights!  Let me know if there are any problems.  I just granted my test user the same rights and it reset its password, so be sure to look at the email the wiki sends you for it.
    Valkyrie
    Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:42 pm

katimus wrote :
    I just granted you editing rights! Let me know if there are any problems. I just granted my test user the same rights and it reset its password, so be sure to look at the email the wiki sends you for it.

I received recently a mail entitled : "[XU Wiki] Your DokuWiki password", but the content was this :
    --__________c98e29d177a184782dab4e3312001a61 Content-Type: text/html;

charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 PGh0bWw+CjxoZWFkPgogICAgPHRpdGxlPlhVIFdpa2k8L3RpdGxlPgogICAgPG1ldGEgaHR0 cC1lcXVpdj0 |...] VmPSJodHRwOi8veGVuby11 bmRlcmdyb3VuZC5uZXQvd2lraS8iPmh0dHA6Ly94ZW5vLXVuZGVyZ3JvdW5kLm5ldC93aWtp LzwvYT4uPC9zbWFsbD4KPC9ib2R5Pgo8L2h0bWw+Cg== --__________c98e29d177a184782dab4e3312001a61--

So I made a request for a new password on the wiki, but then I received a similar e-mail.

What should I do ?
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:09 pm

EEK. Okay, I messed with some settings and sent you a PM. Hopefully that worked!
    Valkyrie
    Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:31 am

All right it works !

Besides, I received a mail which is readable this time.

I wrote just one sentence (about Xenosaga I.II on DS ) as a test in the Xenosaga section.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:40 pm