Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Xeno Metaseries Community

Hello, this forum is in read-only mode. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

+10
radicalblues
Yikari
seishoujo
kare_reiko
Valkyrie
Gwendal
katimus_prime
stitchedmoon
Xernova
Neosmith
14 posters

Xenotensei may go down

Neosmith

Xenotensei may go down - Page 2 Empty Re: Xenotensei may go down

Post by Neosmith Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:52 pm

I do have the text-versions of my Articles on computer in word document. The thing is, I always tailor each article a little to the forum posting system, adding/fixing little things, using various text edit functions (bold) and adding image links.

So, many of my early articles don't have the in-forum formatting in them. I've been thinking of relocating them to a blog if/when I build up enough motivation to open one, should the need arise. Which it may if this goes on.

I could re-post U-DO here for sure though. But honestly, I've been a little disappointed by the fact that there haven't really been any reaction posts here on Underground (xcept for Kat). So I don't know. We'll see.

Btw, there is an archived version of the study guide, as it turns out, but it's a year old: http://web.archive.org/web/201209040924 ... /index.htm

Still, better than nothing.

Post by Guest Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:58 pm

I was inactive from any forums since early August, so I never really got to see anything that was going on here or on XenoTen for all that time. I'd really like read any of the articles you wrote in that time though, you always have really interesting reads. ^^
    I'm also a bit disappointed that I won't be able to read any of Gwendal's translations, that information was really interesting, and I've recently gotten interested in the series again. I just really hope that even if the site can't be restored, the translations are at least recovered since those are really valuable.

Also out of curiosity, did you ever get further in Xenogears? I remember you made a topic for it over a year ago but I'm interested if you've made any more progress.
    Neosmith

Post by Neosmith Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:26 pm

I was inactive from any forums since early August, so I never really got to see anything that was going on here or on XenoTen for all that time. I'd really like read any of the articles you wrote in that time though, you always have really interesting reads. ^^
    Thanks. Gwendal translated quite a few articles, mostly finishing up the ODM, such as Cathedral Ship. I started the U-DO article, the links for which are still available here, but no longer show up unfortunately on tensei.

I just really hope that even if the site can't be restored, the translations are at least recovered since those are really valuable.
    I'm sure they can be reposted. Gwendal likely retains his texts.

Also out of curiosity, did you ever get further in Xenogears? I remember you made a topic for it over a year ago but I'm interested if you've made any more progress.
    My plan was to do that this Summer. Unfortunately, my apartment was broken into and my playstation stolen. We'll see how it goes. I plan on finishing the game when I have time and opportunity.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:04 am

It does suck that your articles don't get the same reception here as they did on Tensei, Neo, but I guess it was just a slightly different crowd? You're more than welcome to post/repost whatever you wish.

I checked on XenoTen earlier and got a little uneasy. At least with the expiration notice, it looked slightly easier to renew. :/ I poked Abel on DeviantArt, but there's no telling if he even checks it anymore. I hope nothing bad's actually happened to anyone.
    Valkyrie
    Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:41 am

Hello there,

Some months ago I used the options "save this page as a PDF" (the text can be selected) of Firefox on the entire site of Xenotensei (not the forum of Xenotensei).

So if anybody needs urgently some PDF-pages for work (or for reading), I can send them, just ask me.

Also I am considering putting the PDF-pages of Xenotensei on my Dropbox and post some links here, but I am not sure this is correct towards their writers...

Besides I have used the option "save this page as a PDF" on some topics of the forum : Xenosaga I.II (DS) translations for example.

Finally I have recorded via LiteCam the first videos of Xenosaga OUTER FILE (Drama CD Translation).

P.S. 1 : Excuse my awkward english, I am French, and member of zoharproject.com. The pseudo is the same.

P.S. 2 :
    Future English translation of Xenosaga I.II (DS) is at work here (be patient) :
    http://aerie.wingdreams.net/

Post by Guest Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:55 am

I emailed A.C., he told me that only Abel or CT can solve this, as he could only add content to the study guide
    kare_reiko
    kare_reiko
    Donator

Post by kare_reiko Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:08 am

I have vids for Drama CD too, first CD in swf (flash files) and second one recorded too in mp4 file format.

I don't know Kat, should we reupload them here? I remember that Jinx made translation but for rest I'm not sure.
    Aside from it we could upload meishu translation of rest files so it all will be in one place.

If you agree on that Kat, I can always send all those to your ftp. I will only need to sort them a little.

I made copy of Jin missing year novel translation too...
    Neosmith

Post by Neosmith Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:32 pm

trexalfa wrote:I emailed A.C., he told me that only Abel or CT can solve this, as he could only add content to the study guide
    Is he in touch with either one of them? I think I might be able to email Abel, but I'm not sure.

EDIT: nope. As it turns out, I don't have his email.
    Neosmith

Post by Neosmith Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:42 pm

katimus_prime wrote:It does suck that your articles don't get the same reception here as they did on Tensei, Neo, but I guess it was just a slightly different crowd?  You're more than welcome to post/repost whatever you wish.
    Thanks, Kat!

I mean I get it. It's a link to another forum after all. And the posts are pretty long. But I definitely recall getting a lot more replies and impressions on Godsibb. So, it stings a little... Maybe it's cause of its work-in-progress nature. I don't know. But yeah, if the downtime continues, I'll repost them here.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:04 pm

Whew. Well, thank you for coming foward to offer up your PDFs, Valkyrie! Until I know for sure Abel or CT have been reached, I don't want to go about hosting stuff permanently, but thank you for offering up what you've saved. (I'm interested in seeing them as well). If XenoTen remains down, I'd like to get permissions from the authors of the pages, but making them available to the fans is important. Thanks for being upfront about crediting people.

Kare, were the Drama CD flash vids hosted on XenoTen as well? For some reason, I thought they were hosted elsewhere. Either way, if things remain the way they are, it might very well do to put that up, but I'd still like to wait until Abel or CT have been reached. It's good to know that you have them, though.

Neo, the outlinking may have been a thing, but we also lost a bunch of members when Godsibb went down as well. You've worked really hard on that article, though, so I think it seems fair that it have a home somewhere, wherever it may be.

Post by Guest Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:15 am

Neosmith wrote:
    trexalfa wrote:I emailed A.C., he told me that only Abel or CT can solve this, as he could only add content to the study guide
    Is he in touch with either one of them? I think I might be able to email Abel, but I'm not sure.

EDIT: nope. As it turns out, I don't have his email.

He is in touch with them for sure. AC is busy right now, but he told me that if XenoTen continues down for a week he'll ask them what is going on.

I've got copies of the re-translations of Perfect Works Gwendal made, a whole copy of the ODM with most of Gwendal's translations and the guides (all in word format). So whoever wants them, tell me Wink
    Valkyrie
    Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:22 am

Now the site cannot be found on Google search any more, but the domain name is still on sale.

By the way, is this okay for you if I put the ''Xenosaga Outer File Flash Translation'' on my YouTube channel (at the least until xenotensei come back) ?
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:34 pm

Welp, looks like it's another week. Hopefully AC hears something soon?
    Valkyrie, were the Outer File Flash Translations a XenoTen exclusive? If so, it's good to have a backup somewhere.

Post by Guest Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:48 pm

Good news guys!! A.C has managed to contact Abel. It seems that CT has identified the problem and hopefully he will fix it soon! Smile
    Neosmith

Post by Neosmith Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:49 pm

Yay!!!
    Valkyrie
    Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:28 pm

Good news indeed :nice:
    Gwendal

Post by Gwendal Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:45 pm

That's good to hear! Looking forward to see it back on its feet soon.

Post by Guest Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:52 pm

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHH\

Such great news!!!
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:58 am

Looks like it's still currently down. My work blacklisted it, but I can still check it if I turn my phone's 4G on. It might take a while for stuff to resolve, though.
    seishoujo

Post by seishoujo Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:51 pm

Hmm... up until now the site hasn't active. I wonder why??
    Valkyrie
    Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:44 am

Well well, if things do not improve, maybe I will post the links to my PDF files of Xenotensei directly here.
    Of course this will be just a temporary measure, since I do not have the autorisation of the webmasters of Xenotensei to do that.

Post by Guest Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:45 pm

I haven't got any news. I dunno If I should consider that XenoTen doesn't appear in Google for sale as a good thing or a bad thing.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:01 am

trexalfa wrote:I haven't got any news. I dunno If I should consider that XenoTen doesn't appear in Google for sale as a good thing or a bad thing.

Welp, seeing as the landing page for it is blocked at my work, I consider this a bad thing, especially if there's been no news.  I know it's a busy season, but unless something's gone much worse than expected, it shouldn't be taking this long if they've started to do something about it.

Valkyrie wrote:Well well, if things do not improve, maybe I will post the links to my PDF files of Xenotensei directly here.
    Of course this will be just a temporary measure, since I do not have the autorisation of the webmasters of Xenotensei to do that.

Sounds good to me.  Once I have time, I'll try to reach out and see if the original creators of the content are a. around and b. interested in anything less temporary.
    Valkyrie
    Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:18 pm

Katimus wrote :
    Sounds good to me. Once I have time, I'll try to reach out and see if the original creators of the content are a. around and b. interested in anything less temporary.

All right thank you for this :nice:

I think I will post the links for the PDF files, but also the links for all the files originally hosted on Xenotensei,
    for example : various translated scans of ´´Xenogears Perfect Works´´, translated scans of ´´Xenosaga Pied Piper fan manga´´...
    Is this all right for you ?
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:58 am

Sounds good to me. When they get back on their feet, it'll be a different story, but for now, go right ahead. I know we have the untranslated scans of XG perfectworks available in our media section already, too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:34 am