Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Xeno Metaseries Community

Hello, this forum is in read-only mode. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

+2
kare_reiko
Valkyrie
6 posters

New Nintendo 3DS Remake ?

Valkyrie
    Valkyrie

New Nintendo 3DS Remake ? Empty New Nintendo 3DS Remake ?

Post by Valkyrie Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:47 am

According to jeuxvideo.com, the last Nintendo Direct just announced this !
    I will investigate deeper.
    Valkyrie
    Valkyrie

New Nintendo 3DS Remake ? Empty Re: New Nintendo 3DS Remake ?

Post by Valkyrie Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:03 am

http://kotaku.com/xenoblade-chronicles-is-coming-to-the-3ds-1628392228
    kare_reiko
    kare_reiko
    Donator

Post by kare_reiko Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:55 am

Why not? I'm agree with multiple platforming for games. More people play in Xeno games is better Wink
    Neosmith

Post by Neosmith Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:25 am

Judging from everything, Soraya Saga is confirming it on twitter: https://twitter.com/sorayasaga/status/505358546192457730
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:20 pm

Apparently the 3DS port will only work on the new dual-analog 3DS coming out soon, which, actually makes sense. You kinda need that kinda control for, well, just about any JRPG. My attempts to play the 3DS port for Tales of the Abyss have been marred by the crappy control scheme on the current 3DS. I really hope this goes well.
    Jintoki
    Jintoki

Post by Jintoki Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:38 pm

Woohoo! Maybe it's a sign that I should finally pick up a 3DS. But then again, I put over 100 hours into the Wii version, and I have a bad habit when it comes to replaying games. I wonder if there will be anything added or if it will just be a straight port?
    Neosmith

Post by Neosmith Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:59 pm

Jintoki wrote:Woohoo!  Maybe it's a sign that I should finally pick up a 3DS.  But then again, I put over 100 hours into the Wii version, and I have a bad habit when it comes to replaying games.  I wonder if there will be anything added or if it will just be a straight port?
    I'm pretty sure they can't make it a straight port if just because of the 3DS interface.

So, there will likely be different features. And given that Xenoblade X will be coming out soon, it's possible this version will have some sort of sequel tie-in material.
    Jintoki
    Jintoki

Post by Jintoki Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:05 pm

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/01/14/xenoblade-chronicles-3d-release-april-north-america-europe/

Xenoblade 3DS coming out in April, same month as X. Also, it appears Xenoblade 3DS is also coming out in North America and Europe in April as well. :-O
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:08 pm

Cue people flailing about having to buy yet another DS. :/ I really think they should have started with this design, honestly. Game companies these days seem to have this habit of going ahead and making something less than ideal, refuse to listen to feedback regarding it, and only after the paying community kvetches loud enough, it gets changed.
    Jintoki
    Jintoki

Post by Jintoki Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:14 pm

http://operationrainfall.com/2015/02/06/xenoblade-chronicles-3d-coming-april-10/

April 10th release date confirmed for North America and Europe. Also, the Shulk Amiibo is compatible, but I don't know what exactly these tokens are or what they'd be used for in the game.

I'm terrible and probably getting a New 3DS for this. I haven't joined the 3DS train (I still play my DS Lite on occasion along with my Vita), so I feel like this might be a good time for me to jump in. The lack of power cord if off-putting though, as if Nintendo expected people to only be upgrading, not joining the 3DS club for the first time with it. :/
    Gottfried

Post by Gottfried Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:45 pm

Actually had some small hands on time with this title on the guar plains.

Game looks great, although is a little jaggier than the wii version, due to the nature of the lower resolution screens. The jaggie problem is compunded when using 2d mode. Actually, the whole game looks really bad when switching to 2d mode. Halving the resolution yet again is not kind to this game, jaggies increase, textures lose detail, distant objects become unrecognizable.

Aside from that the game appears asset identical. Same models, same textures, same animations, same effects. Not that it really should be all that surprising, the 3ds gpu was always better than wii's hollywood, it was the cpu that kept this game off of og 3ds, and the beefed up cpu would be where I expect any problems with this title to arise, as Xenoblades performance was pretty variable on the wii. Performance seemed about the same to me.

If Nintendo doesnt release 6 GB cartridges, I would expect sound and textures to be compressed considerably from what I played to fit on the 4Gb cartiridge.

Man, Nintendos trailers really make this game look horrible.... They are basically taking 2d mode, which is half the 3ds screen stretched to fit the whole screen, and blowing it up several times and compressing the stream to fit a webplayer.

Looks completely horrible compared to the actual product.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:47 pm

It's really awesome that you got a hands-on experience! A shame that the trailers don't really do it justice, though.
    kare_reiko
    kare_reiko
    Donator

Post by kare_reiko Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:25 am

Well, first Japan ver of Xenoblade on Wii had around 4 GB it fit normal, one layer DVD. But after it was made to have dual-dubbing in EU version it turned out to be around this 8GB and dual layer DVD.
    So if they stay with one dub for 3DS version then they won't have to lower quality of textures etc for this port.

Anyway, for now Xenoblade really look the best on emulator, no wii nor 3DS looked as much good as 2x ratio option in Dolphin.
    Gottfried

Post by Gottfried Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:38 pm

kare_reiko wrote:Well, first Japan ver of Xenoblade on Wii had around 4 GB it fit normal, one layer DVD. But after it was made to have dual-dubbing in EU version it turned out to be around this 8GB and dual layer DVD.
    So if they stay with one dub for 3DS version then they won't have to lower quality of textures etc for this port.

Anyway, for now Xenoblade really look the best on emulator, no wii nor 3DS looked as much good as 2x ratio option in Dolphin.

Yeah, rendering the game natively at 1080p and replacing all the low res wii textures with the hd texture pack definately make dolphin the best technical looking version of the game.

There is something to be said for the 3d if you are into that sort of thing though. (I am, and thank goodness they finally fixed the sweet spot issue).

The game looks almost exactly like the mpo files someone made to view screens of the game in 3d early in the 3ds's life (They were downsampled from 480p, so they look a bit cleaner than the actual game). Ive wished the 3ds was capable of running the game ever since because of those spectacular 3d views of things like guar plains and the fallen arm. Perhaps I wasnt the only one who saw those 3d screens...
    kare_reiko
    kare_reiko
    Donator

Post by kare_reiko Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:39 am

Is this just me or in 3DS ver there equipment you wear isn't show in gameplay? They will only wear their main official clothes? O_o

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:04 am