Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Xeno Metaseries Community

Hello, this forum is in read-only mode. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

+3
salut hurricane
katimus_prime
RadicalDreamer
7 posters

Shulk in Smash Bros

RadicalDreamer
    RadicalDreamer

Shulk in Smash Bros Empty Shulk in Smash Bros

Post by RadicalDreamer Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:08 am

Many people wanted him to be in it... and the lastest rumors and hints may make this a reality, after all.
    The reveal from Nintendo will happen monday, which is tomorrow.
    What is your opinion on this (whether or not it happens) ? Do you want Shulk in Smash ? Would you prefer other characters from the game instead ? Who do you think would fit as an assist character ?

Personally, I'm not that fond of Shulk and there are better characters than him to pick. Riki alone would work in a crossover Nintendo game because he's a cute and powerful mascot. BUT... Shulk has the Monado. The powers of the Monado are actually pretty interesting features for a game like Smash. Predicting the future, changing it and all the other abilities this sword has.

Anyway, this is going to be weird to see Xenoblade in Smash (though it would be weirder and crazy exciting to see a Xenosaga or Gears character in it... but it has zero chance of happening *yes, I know, Snake happened last time but he's hugely popular, more than KOS-MOS or any Gears character... to be honest, I don't know why/how it happened, it's probably explained somewhere on the internet but I'm lazy*). And it will be another boost in popularity for Xenoblade (if it can help the sells for the next game, that's good for Monolith).
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Shulk in Smash Bros Empty Re: Shulk in Smash Bros

Post by katimus_prime Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:49 am

I'd be very excited to see any character from Xenoblade in the next Smash Bros. I don't play them myself, but the publicity for Monolith is very well deserved. The Smash debut for the Fire Emblem characters and the Earthbound/Mother characters put both of those games back in the public eye. I can't think of any Nintendo RPG more deserving than XB. I'd actually really love to see an all-Xeno fighting game, but that'd have to have Monolith, Namco AND Square-Enix all cooperate at the same time, and I don't think that's going to happen any time soon, as much as I want it to.
    salut hurricane
    salut hurricane

Post by salut hurricane Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:07 pm

While it would've been cool to see chars like Kosmos, she's already in a number of crossover games like Namco x Capcom, and Soul Calibur. She's also referenced in Tales of as well. A Gears character would be wild, but they aren't related to Nintendo at least at conception, whereas Snake is.

I'm excited about Shulk, and it's almost guaranteed he's in it for real based on these links my partner found. He's unable to log in at the moment so I'll take the liberty of letting you guys gander at this.

http://nintendoeverything.com/super-smash-bros-for-wii-u3ds-new-characters-leaked-in-off-screen-videos/
    http://operationrainfall.com/2014/08/25/spoiler-super-smash-bros-roster-leaked/

As for why Nintendo may have considered adding a Xenoblade character into the next Smash game? Probably because they want to give hype to the new monolith title, and while they can't put in people for a game that hasn't been released yet, they can link it and give newcomers a feel for Monolith's style. Plus I mean come ON he's got the biggest laser sword in town. Who doesn't want to use Monado Buster as a final smash? Or a Reyn assist trophy that yells "REYN TIME" every 3 seconds.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:25 am

I'm holding my breath until an official announcement, but if those leaks are fake, it's a pretty convincing fake. *w*
    Valkyrie
    Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:18 am

Shulk confirmed :
    http://www.jeuxvideo.com/news/2014/00074348-super-smash-bros-wii-u-3ds-shulk-degaine.htm
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:17 pm

Not only Shulk, but appearances by Dunban, Riki AND Metal Face, in English AND Japanese. I hope I'm not hallucinating. Things this good don't usually happen to me.
    kare_reiko
    kare_reiko
    Donator

Post by kare_reiko Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:11 pm

Wow! Shulk is soooo HD, with this style he looks youngher. Looking so nice. Dumban and Riki looks like assist characters?
    Jintoki
    Jintoki

Post by Jintoki Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:40 pm

Wow, AND their original English voices? I was kinda stunned by that, though I probably shouldn't have been.
    Monstrocker
    Monstrocker

Post by Monstrocker Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:49 pm

Aww yeah, Shulk! Woo!
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:12 pm

Yeah, I wanna say that Dunban and Riki look to be part of some sort of set of assist moves. Metal Face showing up like, just made my day. Even though I had to stay 45 minutes after work on Friday, it didn't dent my mood. I wonder if he's going to be some sort of boss or what Smash fans are calling an environmental hazard? I've only played a Smash game about, 3 or 4 times, so I'm not really as up on it as I should be.

Post by Guest Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:41 am

I'm really stoked for seeing Shulk entered as a third party character! I was really pulling for him or Zael. I think one big pull for it was the major pull for the game to be released in the states. Seeing something like that and how well the game was received, Sakurai had his eye on him for some time I'm sure. Snake however has early ties with Nintendo, but I recall reading somewhere that Sakura and Kojima are friends. I'd say that alone probably had the influence to bring him in. When news of this popped up though I had to take a closer look, since the videos were being taken down on youtube at such a fast rate it was pretty safe to say the shots are real (Within the first day alone six uploads were taken down in succession). So we can probably expect the others on the list to pop in. I believe however that video is from the 3DS version which might not have all of the characters/features from the console game. Since the DS one is set to be released a few months earlier, I can suspect they aren't done throwing surprises at us yet.

Still, I'm hoping to see Reyn popping in somewhere too. I always loved having him in my party lol.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:39 pm

Yeah, I tend to try to go for official youtube accounts when I'm looking at things. Not only on account of being able for that video to still be there the next day, but also because of the quality of said video.

I'm really hoping to see everyone in Smash, but even if Dunban and Riki are there just as an assist, I'll still be happy. I can't fathom how Metal Face is going to figure into Smash Brothers. Maybe he's just in the video? Either way, I might have simple expectations, but I was happy to get Shulk at all. I honestly didn't think this was going to happen. Monolith, even before they were Monolith, has always struggled to get backing from its publisher as far as publicity goes. Shulk in Smash Bros is probably the best kind of publicity you could get. Monolith has worked really hard to get here, and I think this is a big break for them, so I'm really happy, and really happy for them, too.

Post by Guest Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:19 pm

katimus_prime wrote:Yeah, I tend to try to go for official youtube accounts when I'm looking at things.  Not only on account of being able for that video to still be there the next day, but also because of the quality of said video.

I'm really hoping to see everyone in Smash, but even if Dunban and Riki are there just as an assist, I'll still be happy.  I can't fathom how Metal Face is going to figure into Smash Brothers.  Maybe he's just in the video?  Either way, I might have simple expectations, but I was happy to get Shulk at all.  I honestly didn't think this was going to happen.  Monolith, even before they were Monolith, has always struggled to get backing from its publisher as far as publicity goes.  Shulk in Smash Bros is probably the best kind of publicity you could get.  Monolith has worked really hard to get here, and I think this is a big break for them, so I'm really happy, and really happy for them, too.

Supposing they did, it might be like this?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJP8TtY3eig

They're known for throwing in little goodies, like when Ike was added for the Fire Emblem roster they also threw in the Lyndis assist trophy. So who knows? We'll just have to wait until the holiday to really see what's what! It's something they update regularly so I'm sure we'll be hearing more about everything.
    RadicalDreamer
    RadicalDreamer

Post by RadicalDreamer Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:10 pm

EmberRed409 wrote:Still, I'm hoping to see Reyn popping in somewhere too. I always loved having him in my party lol.

I don't like him much and the old tiresome meme sticked to him. I'm actually relieved he won't be in it.
    What I was slightly disappointed about was the lack of female characters. Okay, maybe Seven would be too big of a spoiler... and maybe Sharla would be too boring to play. But why not Melia ?
    Wait... don't answer that. Unless Nintendo wouldn't mind replacing the voice actress... that is (but that would be a bummer... Coleman was actually a pretty good match, especially if you listen to the japanese va).

I expected Riki to come up (and I'm okay with that). Come on, it's Nintendo...

EDIT :  :laugh4: !
    http://blog-imgs-69.fc2.com/k/o/m/komakiri/xenobule170.jpg

Post by Guest Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:23 pm

Riki is confirmed as an Assist Trophy! Helpful Hero-Pon!

Shulk in Smash Bros >crop=1

Also, a Little Mac inspired trailer for your viewing pleasure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9QxmTjE4iQ

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content