Xeno Fannage!

Shulk Amiibo

Jintoki
    Jintoki

Shulk Amiibo Empty Shulk Amiibo

Post by Jintoki on Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:22 am

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/shulk-amiibo-exclusive-to-gamestop/1100-6423548/

I'm kinda surprised this hasn't been discussed yet.  It's a Gamestop exclusive (surprise, surprise).  Does this make the first male Xeno character to get his own figure?  I suppose it isn't exactly a figure, but one could treat it as such.  I like the idea of Amiibos, but I really don't see how it will work beyond Smash Bros.  Wouldn't it be cool to interact with Xenoblade X somehow?  I'm a little uncertain if I'll get it since I have mixed feelings about Shulk, but I'm still kind of intrigued to give this whole Amiibo thing a try as a new Wii U owner.  Thoughts?

Administrator

Shulk Amiibo Empty Re: Shulk Amiibo

Post by katimus_prime on Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:08 pm

I think this does actually count as the first male Xeno character to get a figure made! I'm going to try to get it just for the novelty of it, even though Shulk isn't my most favorite character.

opkij

Post by opkij on Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:23 pm

Haha, quite sad that this is the first male Xeno figure.
    Jintoki
    Jintoki

Post by Jintoki on Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:23 pm

For those who are getting them, the Shulk Amiibo comes out this week. At least I got the text from Gamestop saying my preorder will be in tomorrow. Hopefully they won't make it incredibly rare like Xenoblade Chronicles.

And for those who don't know, the Amiibo will be used in Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS to get tokens that can be used supposedly to unlock music and character models to view. I wonder if it will serve a purpose in Xenoblade Chronicles X...

Post by RadicalDreamer on Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:35 pm

@opkij wrote:Haha, quite sad that this is the first male Xeno figure.

Hello, folks . Just re-activated my account here.
    Anyway, Shulk actually isn't the first male Xeno figure that was produced. They probably produced a limited amount but... back when Xenogears got released, there were Elly, Chu-chu AND Fei and Bart figures. I think these were sold with the millenium edition of the game.
    I found this figure of Bart here :
    http://myfigurecollection.net/item/30337
    Quite weird how Bart got the same treatment as Elly's figure (based on their Tanaka artwork) while Fei, the main character, got the SD treatment.

Kire-Kitsune
    Kire-Kitsune

Location : Somewhere in Ohio. I don't recommend it, 1 1/2 out of 5 stars. Boo.

Post by Kire-Kitsune on Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:55 pm

Whoa, I want a Bart figure. I'll find a sandbox to set him in.

"I think the destiny of all men is not to sit in the rubble of their own making but to reach out for an ultimate perfection which is to be had. At the moment, it is a dream. But as of the moment we clasp hands with our neighbor, we build the first span to bridge the gap between the young and the old. At this hour, it’s a wish. But we have it within our power to make it a reality. If you want to prove that God is not dead, first prove that man is alive."

-Rod Serling, my hero.
    Rew
    Rew

Post by Rew on Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:44 pm

I finally got a Shulk amiibo! It took me trading away a bunch of Game Boy games I don't play to someone on Facebook, but I finally got him. Smile

This is making unlocking all those tracks on the Jukebox tons easier. =P
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime on Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:52 pm

I think I've given up any hope of obtaining the Shulk Amiibo. It just seemed to be too high-stress. o_O

KOS-MOS

Post by KOS-MOS on Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:38 am

sorry for bumping this old thread, but shulk amiibo isn't really that rare. I have seen couple of them at stores or expos

Administrator

Post by katimus_prime on Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:31 pm

I'm actually finding this is true! The scarcity problem is resolved enough that I was able to pick one up at Best Buy and received an extra one this xmas from some friends who didn't know I already had one. ^^;

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:56 pm