Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Xeno Metaseries Community

Hello, this forum is in read-only mode. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

5 posters

Where does this video play in Xenosaga 1?

answerawake

Where does this video play in Xenosaga 1? Empty Where does this video play in Xenosaga 1?

Post by answerawake Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:58 am

Hi this might be a dumb question but I don't recall the following video ever playing in Xenosaga 1?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N605dUFyZDc

Can someone clarify where this video plays?

Thank You!
    Valkyrie
    Valkyrie

Where does this video play in Xenosaga 1? Empty Re: Where does this video play in Xenosaga 1?

Post by Valkyrie Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:05 am

Well, I am not sure, but it is probably the famous special attack of Shion called "Queen Kiss" in Xenosaga Episode 1.

Of course this is even better when she is wearing her swimsuit  :biggrin2:

In Xenosaga The Animation, you can see it when Shion and her friends begin the Encephalon Dive in KOS-MOS.
    answerawake

Where does this video play in Xenosaga 1? Empty Re: Where does this video play in Xenosaga 1?

Post by answerawake Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:15 am

You seem to be referring to an attack that occurs during battle. That would be some realtime 3-d scene wouldn't it?

Does a video of this attack ever play like what you see in the youtube video?

I am inclined to think these are hidden videos on the disc but I want to see if they are used anywhere.
    Valkyrie
    Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:30 am

Well well I am certainly not an expert about Xenosaga Episode 1, since I don't have finished it. I didn't even escape from the Woglinde...

But if I remember well some in-game videos I saw of this game, this is definitely an in-battle animation.
    For example when KOS-MOS uses X-Buster (with the device that opened at her back), this is the same sort of animation.
    answerawake

Post by answerawake Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:19 pm

Hmm interesting,

In game battle would be realtime 3-d which this is not.

This video is much higher quality than what you see in game so it has to be part of some cutscene.

I wonder where it comes from?? It would be weird if this was used during in game battle. Playing the same video multiple times probably puts stress on the PS2 laser. In game 3d is much easier to run because the PS2 laser loads 3d scene into RAM once and then does not need to perform any more work.
    answerawake

Post by answerawake Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:52 pm

Anyone else? I am super curious about this video!  Smile
    BlueMetal
    BlueMetal

Post by BlueMetal Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:06 am

It definitely is an Ether that Shion can learn in episode 1. It's called Queen's Kiss. KOS-MOS's X-BUSTER tech plays out in the same fashion. Both of those moves play a video that is skippable.
    kare_reiko
    kare_reiko
    Donator

Post by kare_reiko Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:34 am

Sorry I was in work and replay in not that topic I should, so now edit:

Yeah, you get if from fight with Cherenkov somehow by steal (I never get it really, it's only thing I missed in Xenosaga to get aside from special cards with Shion and Momo in swimsuits)
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:28 am

Woah. O_o I dunno how I coulda played XSI so many times thru without getting this attack. I was sure that Cherenkiv just dropped the Commander's Crest as a steal item. I need to dig out my ps2 now.
    answerawake

Post by answerawake Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:11 am

BlueMetal wrote:It definitely is an Ether that Shion can learn in episode 1. It's called Queen's Kiss. KOS-MOS's X-BUSTER tech plays out in the same fashion. Both of those moves play a video that is skippable.

But is the movie just in-game graphics? Or is it this exact movie? I wish someone could actually get a recording of this attack in action so we could compare. The way the above video is shown does not seem like it would play that exact file during an actual battle. The above video looks like a cutscene.
    kare_reiko
    kare_reiko
    Donator

Post by kare_reiko Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:33 am

It's prerendered file if you ask about that, I'm pretty sure you can extract this file from cd.
    It plays in battle, it's like Kos-mos X-buster attack or like MOMO magic girl transformation, Shion has this movie as her attack too. I will try to get it if I will play in ep1 again, well Cherenkov fight is hard one I always focus on survive then getting that attack XD...
    answerawake

Post by answerawake Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:30 pm

WOAH! You guys were right!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=tYnyuKEnVz4#t=479  (it starts at 7:59)

That is so weird, I have never seen something like that! You can see how the game freezes for just a second when it switches from 3D rendering to playing the video file.

I wonder why they designed it like that??

Guess the mystery has been solved  :/
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:37 pm

I think they may have been going for the OH IT'S SHINY LOOK AT THE SHINY angle for some reason. I can't believe I hadn't heard of Queen's Kiss before. O_o;

kare_reiko
    kare_reiko
    Donator

Post by kare_reiko Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:44 pm

Well I was sure it was some kind of attack before I ever played ep1 XD it was in anime in that idiotic episode 7 when Jr, MOMO, Ziggy and Shion fight some mechs with they special attacks in UMN...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:43 pm