Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Xeno Metaseries Community

Hello, this forum is in read-only mode. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

+9
RadicalDreamer
JerriLeah7
salut hurricane
HikariKuragari
kare_reiko
xenolion
stitchedmoon
LadyTwi
katimus_prime
13 posters

Favorite Anime/Manga?

katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Favorite Anime/Manga? - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite Anime/Manga?

Post by katimus_prime Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:16 pm

Gravitation is a laugh riot! Though the romance in it isn't the best, the rest of the story makes up for it.

I've just started watching Madoka, and I'm pretty impressed. :3

Post by Guest Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:53 pm

katimus_prime wrote:I've just started watching Madoka, and I'm pretty impressed.  :3

Madoka Magica is definitely one of my all time favorites. I marthoned it twice in a two day time period because I loved it so much.  :nice:

Homura is my favorite character by far, but I love all of them. Yuki Kajiura's OST is also amazing. Who's your favorite character so far?
    LadyTwi
    LadyTwi
    Inquisitor Extraordinaire

Post by LadyTwi Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:47 am

Attack on Titan, anyone? I've been working my way through the manga and I watched the first episode of the anime and it's so good! This one's definitely going on my favourites list.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:36 pm

Oddly enough, the first episode didn't hook me. I should watch it again, though.
    salut hurricane
    salut hurricane

Post by salut hurricane Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:24 am

Princess Tutu took my emotions and feelings about the world and made me like them. Ahhhhhh so cayoot.

Also to be honest I enjoy Attack on Titan but I don't love it. It's big budget, the presentation of perspectives in the manga and anime is surprisingly balanced (with some weaknesses but this isn't that bad compared to other shounen), and the ost blew my mind. Also gore. Love that stuff. The thing is though I mainly enjoy watching it purely on a visceral level, I'm not really shoving my face into the fandom and screaming about it every time there's an update. Not to say that it isn't an entertaining and well done show/series. Because it is. Maybe it's just got so much going for it I can't seem to bring myself to fall into its trap?
    Neosmith

Post by Neosmith Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:08 pm

Adrak wrote:
    katimus_prime wrote:I've just started watching Madoka, and I'm pretty impressed.  :3

Madoka Magica is definitely one of my all time favorites. I marthoned it twice in a two day time period because I loved it so much.  :nice:

Homura is my favorite character by far, but I love all of them. Yuki Kajiura's OST is also amazing. Who's your favorite character so far?
    Just started watching Madoka and damn is it good. And Kajiura's music is a HUGE plus.

Post by Guest Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:27 pm

Neosmith wrote:
    Adrak wrote:

Just started watching Madoka and damn is it good. And Kajiura's music is a HUGE plus.
    Kajiura's music always adds so much to the soundtrack. Madoka's OST is definitely one of her best.

I also just watched Angel Beats for the first time recently and it's climbed it's way to being one of the favorites. The ending was just too sad.  :cry3:
    Yikari
    Yikari

Post by Yikari Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:04 pm

The earliest anime I can remember watching is Grendaizer. I don't recall anything of the actual plot, but then again I was maybe 6 or 7 years old at the time and all that character interaction drama came in through one ear and came out of the other. I do remember enjoying all those wacky mech designs, transformation and launch sequences immensly though.

Naming my absolute favourite would be very difficult but Cowboy Bebop, Darker than Black (the first one), FMA (also the first one), Natsume Yuujinchou, Gurren Lagann and Sayonara Zetsubou-sensei are likely to be amongst the top candidates for me.

Post by Guest Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:44 am

I think i'll remember all my life the first time i saw End of Evangelion, i was like O_O for at least 3 min.

Also as my favorites I must add the tv series of course, Rahxpehon, and more recently Madoka Magica, the last episodes, holy **** really eager to see the 3rd movie.

Post by Guest Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:48 pm

I always have a hard time picking favorites with things like this, but I have to say that anime-wise, I love Bartender, Monster, Serial Experiments Lain, Haibane Renmei, Trigun, Kino's Journey, and Ouran High School Host Club. Manga-wise, I enjoy Saint Young Men, Phoenix, Rurouni Kenshin, Read or Dream, Yotsuba&

!, and Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei!

I have others that I enjoy, but I imagine that those series will never leave me. ^^;

Neosmith

Post by Neosmith Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:50 am

Madoka - that is my favorite anime series, hands down.

If just for the music by Kajiura, such as this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dhb5knjXxc8

There's also the fact that is a visual novel with actual stakes, excellent plotting, not a whiff of filler, fantastic animation and surprising emotional depth. This is my EVA. Can't wait to see the Rebellion movie.
    oraf

Post by oraf Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:05 pm

MemoriesofMiltia wrote:I always have a hard time picking favorites with things like this, but I have to say that anime-wise, I love Bartender, Monster, Serial Experiments Lain, Haibane Renmei, Trigun, Kino's Journey, and Ouran High School Host Club. Manga-wise, I enjoy Saint Young Men, Phoenix, Rurouni Kenshin, Read or Dream, Yotsuba&!, and Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei!

I have others that I enjoy, but I imagine that those series will never leave me. ^^;
    Monster - this one always comes up in my favourites of thrillers. Naoki Urasawa has a psychological twisted mind for telling stories.

Post by Guest Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:57 am

oraf wrote:
    MemoriesofMiltia wrote:I always have a hard time picking favorites with things like this, but I have to say that anime-wise, I love Bartender, Monster, Serial Experiments Lain, Haibane Renmei, Trigun, Kino's Journey, and Ouran High School Host Club. Manga-wise, I enjoy Saint Young Men, Phoenix, Rurouni Kenshin, Read or Dream, Yotsuba&!, and Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei!

Monster - this one always comes up in my favourites of thrillers. Naoki Urasawa has a psychological twisted mind for telling stories.

I don't think his mind is twisted, but Urasawa is great at researching, drawing, and coming up with complicated, interesting stories that suck you in. Johan has to be one of my favorite villains out there, and I love the Be My Baby Arc of the show. ^^;
    oraf

Post by oraf Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:48 am

Urasawa is twisted. twisted in genius for Monster (accurate or not) slaps you a good History class. and Johan is a villain like no other. one story i'd really love to see hit Anime is 20th Century Boys, but it'll take what they call a 'miracle' for that to happen.
    Shizukesa
    Shizukesa

Post by Shizukesa Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:29 pm

tsubasa, ghost in the shell 2, the girl who lept through time. the dominator.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:07 pm