Xeno Fannage!

Xenosaga I Manga

katimus_prime
    Administrator

Xenosaga I Manga

Post by katimus_prime on Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:11 pm

I did a little bit of site reorganizing and the XSI Manga has its own page on our site!
    http://xeno-underground.net/media_xsi_manga.html
    Sorry for taking 9 million years to figure out that we didn't have Volume 2 up.  Volume 2 is up, thumbnailed and available!  We also now offer zips of each volume, since just going by thumbnail might not be the most comfortable option for people.

We also have Rin Uzuki(Ramsus-kun)'s partial translation of Volume 1 in this directory, but I haven't made thumbnails for it - http://xeno-underground.net/manga/xsi_manga_v1_ch1-4_rin_english/  Once I get her permission, I might just keep a zip up because of the way the files are organized.

A-anyway, XSI Manga!  It's gotta be my favorite manga adaptation of anything ever.  Let's talk about it because it's amazing!

"There is no growth without birth.  Without a foothold in the past, we cannot walk toward the future.  Get thee gone, darkness!"
    stitchedmoon

Re: Xenosaga I Manga

Post by stitchedmoon on Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:21 pm

Wooo!  Thanks for putting those up, Kat! :3  Awesome manga adaptation is awesome.  I like the art style and the not immediately killing off Cherenkov like the anime did.  ALSO LOOK AT THIS BADASS LAPIS ROMAN:

Last edited by stitchedmoon on Sun May 01, 2016 2:43 pm; edited 2 times in total

Jintoki

Post by Jintoki on Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:48 pm

Thanks for adding this!  Smile  I'm terrible and haven't read/looked at the entire thing.  I should maybe try to exercise my incredibly weak Japanese skills and try to read it all.  *puts on list of things I would love to do but life gets in the way of*

Post by Yikari on Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:22 am

Gaignun looks positively
    fabulous
    in that corner panel of his. Dang, I am missing out!
    kare_reiko
    Donator

Post by kare_reiko on Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:52 am

Yeah, XS manga is amazing ^-^ I'm just sad they cut out Kossy saving Elsa part at end of ep1

Such a moment of such peace...
    RadicalDreamer

Post by RadicalDreamer on Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:25 pm

Really cool. I never had the opportunity to read it.
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime on Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:42 pm

I think I'd be excited to read a translation of the second volume, because from the looks of it, Cherenkov has more face to face time with Jr and Mary Godwin than he does with Shion, though I might be skipping through.  The manga starts out kind of skipping to the gnosis attack rather than ramping up through the character introductions, and Cherenkov yelling at Shion was kind of his character introduction.  ^^;

It also doesn't look like they did the curry or Dock Colony sequences, but for as long as I've owned my copies of the manga, I've adored the art style.  A lot of comic anthologies are done by people who know only bishoujo styles and are afraid to draw the older or "uglier" characters, but Baba nails it and it is awesome.  Also, since even the ODM leaves the Gargoyle out of the Gnosis section, the manga features some of the only drawings of Cherenkov's gnosis form, which were really invaluable for me that one time I ended up in a Cross-fandom MUD RPing opposite a half-gnosis Shion...

Anyway, maybe when other projects die down, it'd be great to maybe get this some translation love?  Or maybe a translation already exists and just needs to be paired with the images.

"There is no growth without birth.  Without a foothold in the past, we cannot walk toward the future.  Get thee gone, darkness!"
    stitchedmoon

Post by stitchedmoon on Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:41 pm

@katimus_prime wrote:A lot of comic anthologies are done by people who know only bishoujo styles and are afraid to draw the older or "uglier" characters, but Baba nails it and it is awesome.

YES.  THIS.  I've noticed that with some doujinshis, where either they avoid drawing the older/non-bishounen guys as much as possible, or they just look like dorito face yaoi high school boys who aged really badly. XD  All the characters look great in this style, though. ouo

Current date/time is Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:38 am