Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Xeno Metaseries Community

Hello, this forum is in read-only mode. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

+6
kare_reiko
HikariKuragari
katimus_prime
chibi
Xernova
Jintoki
10 posters

New Monolithsoft game for Wii U

Jintoki
    Jintoki

New Monolithsoft game for Wii U Empty New Monolithsoft game for Wii U

Post by Jintoki Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:30 am

https://youtu.be/6GxUMMGyZcM

The battle system pretty much looks like Xenoblade's, and the X at the end kind of makes me think it's a sequel, but now it looks like you can pilot mechs.  Looks exciting!  Now I have another reason (besides Bayonetta 2) to get a Wii U.

New Monolithsoft game for Wii U Empty Re: New Monolithsoft game for Wii U

Post by Guest Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:32 am

Heh, I just watched this a few minutes ago. It's not nearly what I was hoping for, although I'm still going to keep my eye on it and play it when it's released.
    Xernova
    Xernova
    Xerno Res Novae

Post by Xernova Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:38 am

Looks very cool. The red X reminds me of the red X logo for Xenogears. Dunno if it's intentional or not, but I just figured it was a small nod to that.

I really need to hurry up with buying a Wii U and playing Xenoblade. If this turns out to be a sequel, I'd better have finished the original before the sequel comes out. =D
    chibi
    chibi
    Jr.xShion Pioneer!

Post by chibi Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:15 am

I've tried really hard, but I just can't get into Xenoblade.  

The trailer does look impressive, though, so I'm happy for those who did enjoy Xenoblade. Smile
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:36 pm

This is so exciting, I can't even. *A*
    (I doubled this topic up to show up in the Xenoblade section, but if it isn't, I'll move it back out to the gaming section.)

I think that looks like the Bionis they're on in the video? It might be something completely new, though. I think I'm just so excited my brain can't access my higher thought processes right now.

RE: The red X, Xerno, I don't think there's been a Monolith Xeno game with that big paintsplashy X since Xenogears;

Xenoblade's X was white, so I'm excited about the return to red, too. The mechs in this look much more like Gears than the mechs in Blade and Saga, too. HMM. I have no idea. Just too excited.

New Monolithsoft game for Wii U >gif

Post by Guest Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:38 pm

The main thing that makes me think it's essentially Xenoblade 2 is the battle system, style of weapons, some of the monsters, and such.  I say "essentially" because it could be Xeno-something else and just have these traits from XB.  It does not have to be literally the bionis/mechonis world, or even in that continuity.  It could be like a Final Fantasy take on sequels, being totally separate but having the same little quirks.

I am excited about the mechs, especially.  A personal mech you can use at will is always fun.  So far it looks mainly for transportation, but I wonder if there will be battles inside it as well.

I don't think the red X has any direct relationship to Xenogears because SquareEnix still owns that trademark.  Even if it was literally a remake or sequel of Xenogears, they'd have to call it something else.  A direct sequel to Xenogears would not make any marketing sense anyway, seeing as it's 15 years old and somewhat obscure.  It might make a very small group of hardcore fans happy, but this group will probably hate everything new just on principal.

It could be a gesture to Kunihiko Tanaka joining the team again, mechs being introduced, and other Gears/Saga elements (hopefully) being integrated.  Because honestly Xenoblade is really fun, it provides a unique world to explore, and has a tight story with a strong resolution, but it's not rocket science.  They reigned themselves in to get the job done, and that shows they've learned something.  But, now that they have the green light, I would really appreciate some more things like older characters, mature relationships, more adult themes.  If they include psychology/religion I will be happy, as long as it doesn't go to that heavy-handed Philosophy 101 kind of place.
    Xernova
    Xernova
    Xerno Res Novae

Post by Xernova Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:09 pm

^ Oh, I wasn't implying the red X means there will be a connection to Xenogears. I just mean it looks kinda like a nod to older Xeno-fans who know the Xenogears logo. At least, it was pretty much the first thing which came to mind when I saw it, like Kat described it; "a big paintsplashy (red) X". But not for a second did I think there would be an actual Xenogears connection.
    I guess I should have worded that better. ^^;

Post by Guest Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:59 pm

Xerno, I know it wasn't you. Sorry I didn't specify. I've been seeing this assumption on every blog where this video shows up. XENOGEARS IS FINALLY BACK. I think they are just trying to pander to the sensibilities of Xenogears fans (which could be good or bad, we'll see).
    HikariKuragari
    Chaos & Jr Fangirl

Post by HikariKuragari Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:51 pm

Wow, I really loved watching that video. I'll buy the Wii U when it come out I guess xD. *Is waiting for more games*

But that was really nice !
    Jintoki
    Jintoki

Post by Jintoki Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:53 pm

katimus wrote:This is so exciting, I can't even.  *A*
    (I doubled this topic up to show up in the Xenoblade section, but if it isn't, I'll move it back out to the gaming section.)
    Sorry, I should have posted this in the Xenoblade section, but since they didn't out right say the title (though the battle system and world pretty much hints at it), I put the topic here.  And, well, I was a wee bit excited.  XD

Also, this is going to sound bad, but anyone else excited about the return of Kunihiko Tanaka?  I just thought the character designs in Xenoblade were a bit ugly...

EDIT:  I just watched the trailer again, and I noticed a few things.  Some of the battle sequences listed the party members as Player 1, Player 2, and Player 3.  Do you think that might mean multiplayer or perhaps just a placeholder?  And I noticed the sequences with the mech listed a stat called Doll Fuel, so it looks like the mechs will run out of fuel.
    kare_reiko
    kare_reiko
    Donator

Post by kare_reiko Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:42 am

Since I'm run of time I just copy my thoughts from Xenoten:

Yeah I think it will be Xenoblade 2 or online, there were chat window like in online games on first seconds. Still, game looks beautifull, to bad that I won'ty have money in near future for any console but if it will be really online then I will never play in it anyway.
    Skill bar looks like one from Xenoblade too. They may do story that take's place after repair of world by Shulk in the end of Xenoblade. We will see...

After that I watched it again and yeah, you right, when it comes to mechs they look more like from Xenogears and fuel thing is silmar to one from Gears too. Logo look more like one from Gears, red paint spash in shape of "X". This game could be mix of what we had in other Xenogames.
    Xernova
    Xernova
    Xerno Res Novae

Post by Xernova Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:03 am

Jintoki wrote:Also, this is going to sound bad, but anyone else excited about the return of Kunihiko Tanaka? I just thought the character designs in Xenoblade were a bit ugly...
    I haven't seen much of what the characters look like in-game, but the Xenoblade character designs seem fine to me from what I've seen from concept art on the official site (Alvis looks quite schmexy :3). Are they really that disappointing in-game...?

I've decided not to Google for in-game images, I'm worried about bumping into major spoilers. I have a bad habit of getting myself easily spoiled and for once I'd like to avoid this with Xenoblade. xD

Jintoki wrote:EDIT: I just watched the trailer again, and I noticed a few things. Some of the battle sequences listed the party members as Player 1, Player 2, and Player 3. Do you think that might mean multiplayer or perhaps just a placeholder?
    Aww, crap. I don't enjoy multiplayer myself, I hope it's optional. Maybe it's like with Secret of Mana where you can allow other players to join you or just decide to play it single. I hope that's it, because otherwise I won't have any interest in playing the game. =/
    Jintoki
    Jintoki

Post by Jintoki Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:48 pm

^I suppose the character designs are up to personal preference, but I just didn't like them in-game or out. It didn't help that a lot of the costumes you can equip to the characters were a bit...ugly. But yeah, I look forward to Kunihiko Tanaka's designs for the new Xeno game.

And if it does have online, like you said, I hope it's optional. And, in that case, I hope the single player experience doesn't suffer to put emphasis on online.

Post by Guest Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:27 am

I don't like the character designs in XB, either. I don't have a problem with how the characters look (like, faces and hair), but their clothing and armor and stuff is usually ugly and totally impractical.

I was excited to see the name on the list, but what I actually saw didn't excite me. The characters appear to have some generic black and silver Final Fantasy look going on, although it could just be an armor set or something used in this demo.

If it is online, then that'll kill my buzz a little. Still gonna get it, though.

Post by Guest Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:27 am

We've had a Wii U for a while and compared to the Wii, they really do push the world-wide community angle of enjoying games. The first time my brother and I started it up, a whole surge of footsteps came from the speakers as hundreds of Miis populated the screen. I went, "We're being attacked by Miis!"

In that light I'm not surprised the game has a chat window.

There is one thing that concerns me about the trailer. It has a lot of combat in it and the sort of graphical backdrops you could frame and put up on your wall, but no dialogue boxes from NPCs. I suppose this trailer was the attention-grabber and they're probably planning to showcase that aspect later. Still...

EDIT: Just thought of something. ... I don't remember what that is. The "XBII" trailer reminds me of the trailer they put out for Phantasy Star Online 2 which was itself pretty graphically impressive (and I mean the trailer, not the game).

I'll probably get cold feet and pick up "XBII" at the last minute, like I did with Xenoblade.

Post by Guest Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:49 pm

All the scenes were essentially world exploration, there was no town or cutscene scenes.  I think it's kinda of a "hey, this thing exists" trailer to keep our interest alive.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:41 pm

Welp, my interest is alive. :3

Post by Guest Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:04 am

MECHS MECHS MECHS MECHS.

^That's pretty  much sums up my feelings on this. >.>;

Post by Guest Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:03 am

chibi wrote:I've tried really hard, but I just can't get into Xenoblade.  

The trailer does look impressive, though, so I'm happy for those who did enjoy Xenoblade. Smile
    I'm sort of like you, I tried Xenoblade and though it looked cool it's just not my type of game Sad I'm more into the old school RPGs with Turn Based and strong story telling like Xenosaga.

Now this game does look beautiful I'm probably not going to get it because it' uses the same battle system as Xenoblade.

Post by Guest Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:29 am

Yeah, I'd really like a return to the turn-based combat. Xenoblade's combat was fun at first, but it got really repetitive after a while, since there was really nothing to do beyond spam Arts whenever they're finished cooling-down.

Xenoblade's gameplay was really fun regarding the exploration aspect, but the battle system was pretty mediocre in my opinion. Not really BAD like Xenosaga II, just mediocre.

Post by Guest Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:30 pm

I wish they would go back to Xenosaga and give us a small game with a short story, I want to see Momo and Jr. again Sad
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:09 pm

The thing is that I think Namco is the ones who own the rights to Xenosaga, and since Monolith is only still a company but for the grace of Nintendo buying them, that might not be able to happen. I really would like to see another Xenosaga game, though. There's just a lot of copyright walls and red tape that they have to tear down.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:47 pm

I understand all the problems they would have to go through to make a new Xenosaga game, and even if they did get the Go light to make another Xenosaga game, they would also have to get the original actors and some of the same people that helped put Xenosaga together. So Yeah I totally understand that, I wouldn't mind a HD version though Smile
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:02 pm

It's always good to have hope, tho. :>

katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Mon May 27, 2013 12:39 pm

So, there seems to be an unsourced rumor flying around that this project is to be titled Xenoform Episode I: Liber Novus. Since I can't really pin down a source, I can't attest to its validity, but at least Liber Novus is another Carl Jung reference (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Book_%28Jung%29)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:26 am