Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Xeno Metaseries Community

Hello, this forum is in read-only mode. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

5 posters

Jin Uzuki Appreciation Life

katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Jin Uzuki Appreciation Life Empty Jin Uzuki Appreciation Life

Post by katimus_prime Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:44 pm

Talking about Jin is awesome!
    I wish I had a better lead-in for this topic, but I wanted folks to talk about him aside from my dumb thing-that-reminds-me-of-him-at-the-moment.

It occurred to me yesterday while looking for an avatar to replace my Tron swag that Jin Uzuki is kind of Xenosaga's answer to The Dude from the Big Lebowski. Laid back, unemployed, underdressed and charming. Kind of a perfect storm of familial annoyance and easy to be around. The Uzuki Abides. I think I phrased this better on tumblr.
    stitchedmoon
    stitchedmoon

Jin Uzuki Appreciation Life Empty Re: Jin Uzuki Appreciation Life

Post by stitchedmoon Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:22 pm

UZUKIIIIIII. :D He became one of my favorite playable characters after spending a lot of time as the third member of my party (the only spot I left open after Ziggy and MOMO, haha) last time I played XSIII. Also, he reminds me of my brother.

Post by Guest Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:08 pm

Jin is dope. I wasn't that big a fan of his character when I first played the games but after re-visiting the series he really became one of my favorite characters. He's wise without coming off as cheesy.

Post by Guest Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:00 am

The little preview cameo of him in Ep.1 made his sound super annoying but once I met him I was like this guy is awesome.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:40 pm

Jin was always sort of the LOOK! OVER HERE, XENOGEARS FANS! WE MADE HIM LOOK LIKE CITAN! character, but I was impressed at how different a character he ended up becoming. I'm pretty much convinced he's Citan's stoner cousin. Whenever I used him in battle in XS2, I felt like a voyeur with the way he always had a leg out. I never even got his swimsuit. ^^
    chibi
    chibi
    Jr.xShion Pioneer!

Post by chibi Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:09 pm

I'm surprised by the lack of xenolion in here. XD

*Just stopped in to say that. Continue on without me.*

Post by Guest Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:26 pm

katimus wrote:Jin was always sort of the LOOK!  OVER HERE, XENOGEARS FANS!  WE MADE HIM LOOK LIKE CITAN! character, but I was impressed at how different a character he ended up becoming.  I'm pretty much convinced he's Citan's stoner cousin.  Whenever I used him in battle in XS2, I felt like a voyeur with the way he always had a leg out.  I never even got his swimsuit. ^^

Jin actually seems way more similar to Dunban (regardless of no direct tie-in).  Right down to shipping his younger sister hardcore.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:30 pm

I am very surprised at the lack of Lion in this thread. XD

And yeah, I would say Jin is a lot closer to Dunban. I think the difference between them is a bashed up right arm. I'm also less inclined to think of Dunban as a stoner.

Post by Guest Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:08 pm

Both of them need girlfriends and should marry me

Post by Guest Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:12 am

I love Jin, although I feel his backstory with Margulis should have had more light shed on it. We hear all these incidents about how they were both trained by Jin and Shion's grandfather, but beyond that and how Margulis was a Federation soldier who was secretly working for Ormus, we don't get much else. I still really love their relationship though, as they're one of my favorite rivalries ever.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:03 pm

Adrak wrote:I love Jin, although I feel his backstory with Margulis should have had more light shed on it. We hear all these incidents about how they were both trained by Jin and Shion's grandfather, but beyond that and how Margulis was a Federation soldier who was secretly working for Ormus, we don't get much else. I still really love their relationship though, as they're one of my favorite rivalries ever.

For as much information and character depth as we're given on Margulis, I feel like they spent more time on him than they did on Jin and Shion's past and family, which is so weird, given that the Uzukis are the royal family in XS via being the main characters.  Margulis and Jin's rivalry is amazing, and I'm glad some of it sort of leaked sideways into Dunban's storyline in XB.

Post by Guest Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:40 pm

Yeah, I'm not totally clear on how Albedo seeped into Margulis's story either. You'd think that if Margulis had saved him and taken him in after Miltia, he'd be a little closer to the guy. Might have learned some stuff from him. But I'm not sure if that's even how it went down, or Albedo just kinda floated around that whole time with minimal contact with Ormus. If it is clearly stated, then I just don't remember.

Post by Guest Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:43 pm

GlanceReviver wrote:Yeah, I'm not totally clear on how Albedo seeped into Margulis's story either.  You'd think that if Margulis had saved him and taken him in after Miltia, he'd be a little closer to the guy.  Might have learned some stuff from him.  But I'm not sure if that's even how it went down, or Albedo just kinda floated around that whole time with minimal contact with Ormus.  If it is clearly stated, then I just don't remember.

I'm pretty sure it's stated that Sellers is the one who rescued Albedo during the Miltian Conflict.

Post by Guest Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:21 am

Right, right. I think I had assumed before Sellers was introduced as a character in XS3 that it was Margulis, thus the confusion.
    Xernova
    Xernova
    Xerno Res Novae

Post by Xernova Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:16 am

Why have I not posted here yet? Jin is one of my definite favorite characters! Second only to Jr., as I've said before;

Xernova wrote:Jin; like Jr., Jin grew on me as the story progressed. However, unlike Jr., I already liked Jin in XSII and just liked him even more in XSIII (the more obvious similarity to Citan in XSIII really helps!). His part of the ending probably touched me the most. *sniff*
    Why I ranked Jr. higher then? Well...
    XSI Jr. [meh (0 points)] <=>XSI Jin [nothing (0 points)]
    XSII Jr. [LIKE! (2 points)] <=>XSII Jin [like (1 point)]
    XSIII Jr. [LIKE! (2 points)] <=>XSIII Jin [LIKE! (2 points)]
    Now you do the math. xP
    Funnily enough, Citan is my absolute favorite playable character in Xenogears, not Bart (who is a more similar character-type to Jr.). Odd how that works, lol.

But yes, Jin kinda went from unintentionally funny serious guy to intentionally badass serious guy between XSII & XSIII. I just found it kinda hard to take him 100% in XSII when he does such things as confronting Margulis in an overly serious way while showing his leg;

Margulis: "If you really want to know, you'll have to use that sword to make me talk!"

Jin: "Naturally, that was my intent."

*shows leg while jumping down*
    Me: Jin Uzuki Appreciation Life LOL_zps0f6f83cd
    HikariKuragari
    Chaos & Jr Fangirl

Post by HikariKuragari Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:40 pm

I really like jin as well he's awesome ! I mean slicing those machines like it was nothing and fighting like a boss all the time. Yet he's also very calm and such like you guys stated. I also love the interactions between him and Margulis. ''UZUKIIIIIIIIIIIIIII !!''

Post by Guest Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:49 am

I have no real DISCUSSION to add here but Jin became my favorite character in Episode II as soon as I saw him pull out that katana. I was like OH DEER *fans self* but I still think KOS-MOS is my overall favorite, followed VERY closely by Jin. The end of Episode III was pretty rough for me XD

Post by Guest Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:32 pm

The machine-slicing thing was kinda over the top for me, but I also loved it when he showed up with a katana \o/

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:11 am