Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Xeno Metaseries Community

Hello, this forum is in read-only mode. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

2 posters

The Family Uzuki

katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

The Family Uzuki Empty The Family Uzuki

Post by katimus_prime Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:26 pm

Citan, Midori, Yui
    Jin, Shion and everyone else I forgot.

Even though
    Spoiler:

Yet another intersections starter topic, but go~!
    Xernova
    Xernova
    Xerno Res Novae

The Family Uzuki Empty Re: The Family Uzuki

Post by Xernova Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:51 am

I don't see much of a parallel between the Uzuki family from Xenogears and the one from Xenosaga. Although I've always felt that Shion's original character design was based more on Citan's than Jin's design was (that changed with his XSIII design, of course).

I've still got that old comparison pic I used on Godsibb. Here, this is what I mean;

The Family Uzuki ShionCitan

But I was never too sure, is the fact that Jin used to run a bookstore supposed to be a nod to "badass bookworm" Citan? That's the impression I got, anyway. But I suppose it could be just a coincidence.

Post by Guest Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:58 pm

Jin and Shion both had some Citan elements. Jin originally had glasses too (we were just talking about it in another topic), but they were removed before the final cut of the game. Shion's name also sounds a lot like Shitan. I'm pretty sure it was just a homage or inspiration, and not so much that they were intended to be related somehow.

I think that lot of the characters are named in order to show some distant representation of various cultures that were lost when Earth disappeared. Wong, Van Houten, Uzuki, Cherenkov, Mizrahi, etc. are all names that represent different parts of the world that used to exist. It's a nice touch that I really liked.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:25 am