Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Xeno Metaseries Community

Hello, this forum is in read-only mode. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

+3
LadyTwi
HikariKuragari
katimus_prime
7 posters

Favorite Xenogears Music?

katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Favorite Xenogears Music? Empty Favorite Xenogears Music?

Post by katimus_prime Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:46 pm

From Adrak's post on Temp Sibb:

What are your favorite tunes from the game? My favorites, in no particular order, are:

Small Two of Pieces
    The Beginning and the End
    Gathering Stars in the Night Sky (I like this more than Flight)
    Lost... Broken Shards
    Grahf, Emperor of Darkness
    Star of Tears
    Singing of the Gentle Wind

Xernie8D wrote:Too bad I can't access the Xenogears nostalgia topic from the main forum, I posted them all there.
    Okay, no copy & paste then, I'll do it the old-fashioned way and type them all again (damn, I'm lazy sometimes xD).

In alphabetical order;

Aveh Ancient Dance
    Awakening
    Bonds of Sea and Fire
    Emotions
    Fuse
    Grahf - Emperor of Darkness
    Invasion
    My Village is Number One
    Omen
    One Who Bares Fangs at God
    Shevat - The Wind is Calling
    Solaris - Eden of Heaven
    Stage of Death
    Thames - The Men of the Sea
    The Sky, Clouds and You
    The Treasure Which Cannot be Stolen
    Wings
    Yggdrasil Theme

Xenogears' OST is 1 of only 2 soundtracks of which I like almost all the tracks and have many, many favorites (the other one being the FFVIII OST). By far one of my absolute favorites! :]
    [Yes, the vocal songs are missing. I'm generally not a fan of songs with actual lyrics]

Omega wrote:No order:

Omen
    Awakening
    The one who is torn apart
    The one who bares fangs at god
    Shevat the wind is calling~zohar's ar (piano)

Only that,since I still didn't had a chance to play the game itself,but still love the osts.

katimus wrote:I love every track on the soundtrack.  Not a single one doesn't impress me or make me nostalgic.  I think my very favorite track is Shevat - The Wind is Calling tho. :3

Zeal wrote:^ I like pretty much every song too. The only ones I'm not that fond of are the Dazil and Bledavik themes since I got so damn lost in those places. Specially Bledavik. I finished the game 4 times and I still get lost there O_O

But anyway (not necessarily in this order):

Light From The Netherworld
    Bonds Of Sea And Fire
    Grahf, Emperor of Darkness
    The Wounded Shall Advance Into The Light
    Ship Of Regret And Sleep
    Knight of Fire
    June Mermaid
    Shevat, The Wind Is Calling
    Tears Of The Stars, Hearts Of The People
    Flight
    The One Who Is Torn Apart
    Prayer For The People's Joy
    Omen
    One Who Bares Fangs At God
    The Beginning And The End
    Small Two Of Pieces

Damn, I put almost every track of the OST Disc 2 here T.T
    But that's just how great it is *-*
    HikariKuragari
    Chaos & Jr Fangirl

Favorite Xenogears Music? Empty Re: Favorite Xenogears Music?

Post by HikariKuragari Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:37 pm

I might be cheap, but my favorite is the main battle team. I dunno why I'm so addicted to it, probably cause the fights are so amazing !!
    LadyTwi
    LadyTwi
    Inquisitor Extraordinaire

Post by LadyTwi Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:19 pm

There are probably more, but Star of Tears, Bonds of Sea and Fire, and Small Two of Pieces - Restored Pieces are the ones that I can think of right off hand.

Post by Guest Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:09 am

Small of Two Pieces sounds so cheesy to me, like an 80's style ballad, but the lyrics always get me because the "broken mirror" analogy from Xenogears means a lot to me.

Post by Guest Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:32 pm

GlanceReviver wrote:Small of Two Pieces sounds so cheesy to me, like an 80's style ballad, but the lyrics always get me because the "broken mirror" analogy from Xenogears means a lot to me.

Of course it's cheesy, but we still love it anyways.  Very Happy

Post by Guest Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:53 pm

my village is number one. love that tune.

Post by Guest Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:52 pm

I like most of the music except Jaws of Ice. Here are my favourites, almost in order:

- Leftovers from the Dreams of the Strong
    - Wings
    - Bonds of Sea and Fire
    - Grahf, Emperor of Darkness
    - Solaris, Eden of Heaven
    - Thames theme
    Nikkolas

Post by Nikkolas Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:54 am

It has the be the emotional tracks, even though the whole OST is godly.

For Fei's and Elly's love, you have "Faraway Promise". This plays over by far the most emotionally powerful scene in the game.

And "The Treasure Which Cannot be Stolen" plays over Disc 2's beginnings, right? When Fei and Elly are recounting their ternal love.

Finally there's "Shattering Egg of Dreams" which is essentially "Lost...Broken Shards" but with more instrumentation. It plays when Elly gives her speech to the gathered Wels on Disk 2.

Well I'm sure all these tracks play at other points but those are the scenes I associate them with.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:43 pm

Hmm, must be Wings and Small of Two Pieces! And I love the piano version of Faraway Promise!
    Monstrocker
    Monstrocker

Post by Monstrocker Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:09 pm

.: Pretty much I love...

- Stage of Death
    * Fuse
    - Inside Deus
    * Knight of Fire
    - Stars of Tears Opening
    * Emotions
    - Bonds of Sea and Fire
    * Shevat- The Wind is Calling
    - Wings- The Yggdrasil
    * Thames- The Seas of Men

some of the soundtracks ease my mood sometimes during my bad days :.
    RadicalDreamer
    RadicalDreamer

Post by RadicalDreamer Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:57 pm

- Light from The Netherworld : well, it was well used in the impressive intro movie. It did its job perfectly.
    - Star of Tears : the song that was never used. Can't resist Joanne Hogg (seriously, ever since Gears and Saga, I also adore Iona, her band). I think it's still in my current playlist.
    - Our Village is Number One : always perfect. Original. Creid. Myth. All good.
    - Bonds of Sea and Fire : Bart's theme or something. Kinda makes you want to explore Aveh.
    - Valley from Where the Wind is Born : so charming. Always loved it. Not used enough.
    - Forest of the Black Moon : atmospheric and tense.
    - Shattering of the Dream Egg : nice.
    - Distant Promise : music box main song. Kind of a tradition by now.
    - Dazil : lovely arabic-like song (and so similar to Marco Polo by Loreena McKennith)
    - Leftovers of the Dreams of the Stars : Yggdrasil ! Can be gratting on loop however (I know it because my sister always whined when I stepped into the ship).
    - The Treasure Which Cannot be Stolen : kind of Fei/elly love theme. I love the treatment it got in Myth.
    - Aveh, The Ancient Dance : this one can be very gratting if you listen to it too long. But I liked it because it's great for a festival. And I loved Bledavik anyway.
    - Singing of the Gentle Wind : got a HUGE upgrade in Myth. In game, I do not like it as much.
    - The Wounded Advance Into the Light : partly because I loved the Creid version.
    - Lost... Broken Shards : it's too short but it's pretty.
    - Thames, The Man of the Sea : for the manly voices lol. Seriously, alone I would not really enjoy it but it just fits the place.
    - The Blue Traveler : used so little. Such a motivating song though.
    - Ship of Regret and Sleep : I loved that it gained a chorus in Myth (I mean with lyrics, not just people singing "ahhh").
    - The Jaws of Ice : similar to Forest of the Black Moon. It's mostly atmospheric, meant to create tension/anticipation/worry.
    - June Mermaid : because it's a pretty mysterious and heartbreaking song which fits Emeralda to a T.
    - Shevat, the Wind is Calling : don't need to explain. Who doesn't love it ?
    - The Sky, the Clouds and You : I don't like Chu-Chu but it's a fun lighthearted song.
    - Gathering Stars in the Night Sky : beautiful stuff. I really like the version with lyrics from Creid too.
    - Flight : and no other version managed to make it better.
    - Solaris, Eden of Heaven : "Solaris, whut are U doing ?" That was an unexpected song but I like it (if Square aimed for contrast here, they succeeded).
    - the One who is Torn Apart : bonechilling. I really love the complexity of this song. You have this main repetitive music and there is this creepy tune underneath that gets slowly louder and then gets quieter. It's clever.
    - Pray for the People's Joy : well, it's The Wounded Advance into the Light.2 so...
    - Omen : Mitsuda took the best of the intro and put it into this song basically. It surely made Babel Tower fascinating to me.
    - Awakening : well, it's good but I find this big final fight song maybe less memorable when you compare it to something like One Winged Angel.
    - One who Bares Fangs at God : it's so freaking good !! This atmosphere  I love you ... rarely heard in other stuff, honestly.
    - The Beginning and the End : needs violins to me but this Bulgar choir was awesome !
    - Small Two of Pieces : It's like My Heart will Go On (which actually bothered Mitsuda back in the days I heard)... an unforgettable classic.

No, I didn't favorite the entire soundtrack. Just almost  :laugh4: . The only flaws this soundtrack have is that the battle songs could have been better and it's too short.
    WDR Orchestra should make a medley of this soundtrack. Definitively.

Post by Guest Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:35 pm

So many of the songs are amazing. Its hard to pick just a few, but here's my top 5.

The Treasure Which Cannot be Stolen
    Small Two of Pieces
    Gathering Stars in the Night Sky
    June Mermaid
    Shattering Egg of Dreams
    Ben
    Ben

Post by Ben Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:39 am

For me, it would be the entire Creid album. I can only imagine what a remake with these versions of the tracks would be like;

seeing that soundtrack fully realized is really amazing. I still have it loaded into my mp3 player to listen to in the car to this day.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:36 am