Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Xeno Metaseries Community

Hello, this forum is in read-only mode. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

+10
Yikari
RadicalDreamer
Monstrocker
HikariKuragari
salut hurricane
Xernova
kare_reiko
LadyTwi
xenolion
katimus_prime
14 posters

Who is/are your favorite Xenogears character/s?

katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Who is/are your favorite Xenogears character/s? Empty Who is/are your favorite Xenogears character/s?

Post by katimus_prime Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:34 am

I don't think it comes as a surprise to anyone that Kahr Ramsus is my favorite XG character. Second to him is Dominia, and then after her is Jesiah Black. My favorite player character is Citan, though (and not just because he's OP...)
    xenolion
    Jin's Mistress

Who is/are your favorite Xenogears character/s? Empty Re: Who is/are your favorite Xenogears character/s?

Post by xenolion Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:26 pm

It should not come to anyone's surprise that my favorite character is Citan! Hee hee =)
    LadyTwi
    LadyTwi
    Inquisitor Extraordinaire

Who is/are your favorite Xenogears character/s? Empty Re: Who is/are your favorite Xenogears character/s?

Post by LadyTwi Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:30 pm

Bart will always be my man. <3 I'm sure at least Kat has seen my spams of him of Tumblr. XDDD

Post by Guest Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:55 pm

Krelian has always been my favorite, but I also really like Elly and Ramsus.
    kare_reiko
    kare_reiko
    Donator

Post by kare_reiko Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:30 am

Hmm... Elly, Fei as main haracter is nice too, Emaralda is cute but too bad that she was in story so little time. Well I like all characters more or less.
    Xernova
    Xernova
    Xerno Res Novae

Post by Xernova Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:58 am

Okay, I'm keeping this shorter than my reply in the Xenosaga version of this topic.

!Possible MASSIVE SPOILERS included!

Favorite playable character: Citan; this guy is Awesome with a capital A! Both highly intelligent and kicking ass in battle, as well as being dedicated to his friends. What's not to like? :]
    (Okay, perhaps the part where he lets Fei and Elly eat human food before telling them the truth wasn't so nice... xD)

But I like most of the other playable characters too. At worst, some have little to add to the story, but none of them are awful or anything. What? Chu-Chu...? Erm... next question, please!

Some of the other playable characters who I'm quite fond of; Fei and Elly (moreso because of their story together), Bart, Billy... and well, the others are okay too, but don't stand out to me as much.

Favorite NPCs: Miang; I'm putting her first because not only is she my absolute favorite villain of the game, she's also my favorite villain from any game ever. A bodysurfing manipulative genius who happens to have a somewhat playful, semi-seductive way of talking ("Hehem... adieu, boys!"). Love it!

Grahf & Id; I like them both for pretty much the same reason. They're both ridiculously strong (*), merciless villains with each their own tragic backstory.
    (*) Fighting giant mechs on foot and easily winning? Badass
    (*) Throwing a submarine which just tried crushing you while saying "That's cheating, take it back!"? Badass

Sadly the final showdown with both of them is anti-climactic at best. But storywise they get the closure they deserve.

Ramsus; tragic villain is tragic. Luckily he gets an unexpected happy ending (I seriously didn't think he'd survive, but was glad to see he did).
    As for his loyal Elements, Kelvena is my favorite of the bunch.

Margie; yup, I like her. Tomboy with a heart of gold and her interaction with "Bartie" is cute.

Plenty of other minor characters which I like, but I'll leave it at this.
    "Keeping it short" <= SUCCESS!
    salut hurricane
    salut hurricane

Post by salut hurricane Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:50 pm

Ramsus is my favourite overall. Everything about his backstory, his interactions, his total broken-ness, his frigging GEAR and even the way he looks. XD
    Behind him are probably Bart or Dominia, then Seraphita, Billy, then Citan. As an antagonist I have to give props to Miang for not only being a lady-antag but being a damn scary lady-antag. Though...I'm not sure if I like her as much as I respect her.

Post by Guest Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:11 pm

OH GOD SO EVERYONE. uhhh I love bart, and I love bart and fei together as magical horrible bffs. fei is so sad I kind of want him to be my favorite.
    HikariKuragari
    Chaos & Jr Fangirl

Post by HikariKuragari Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:57 pm

Bart and Margie All the way ! ;D

I'd actually like to cosplay Margie eventually haha !

Post by Guest Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:17 pm

Mine's also Krelian, but I really like Fei, Id, Grahf, Miang and Ramsus too *-*

Post by Guest Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:27 am

I loved Bart the most, and Citan of course was awesome.

Fei and Elly I thought were not the most interesting type of characters at first, but the way their archetypes are portrayed in the game makes me like them more than I normally would. The fact that they have an actual adult relationship really made an impression on me. That's something JRPGs normally shy away from, despite their heavy emphasis on story and characters. They also both look very unique in design. So overall, they are some of my favorites.

Post by Guest Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:33 am

Another Kahr Ramsus fan here! I really need to replay Gears, but I believe he will always be my fave.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:30 am

We are swimming in Kahr Fans here! :D I am excite. |3

Post by Guest Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:36 pm

It's those black briefs of his that get me every time. <3
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:56 pm

Sanna wrote:It's those black briefs of his that get me every time. <3

SAME.
    Who is/are your favorite Xenogears character/s? ROngR

Post by Guest Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:03 pm

Even I think he looked pretty hot in that scene.  Laughing

Who is/are your favorite Xenogears character/s? 35-night46
    I mean, damn, those abs...

Last edited by 67 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:08 pm

Oddly enough, I may have been persuaded to like Ramsus before I saw him mostly naked? There was just something about his face. Determined and hurt at the same time.

AND THOSE ARE SOME ABS. God damn.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:54 pm

I really liked Krelian, and the way he "ended", and Citan, Citan the Jerk  Laughing
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:26 pm

Citan is, pound for pound, the biggest criminal on...whatever planet Xenogears takes place on, but for some reason, I can't not like the guy. As I've gotten older, I've come to appreciate Krelian.

Post by Guest Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:48 am

Citan has a lot of the best lines in the game, like the speech on music, which is a lot of what I love him for.
    Xernova
    Xernova
    Xerno Res Novae

Post by Xernova Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:07 am

Even though Citan is my favorite (playable) character, there is one time in the game when the good doctor made me go "wtf???". As I've briefly mentioned before, there's that scene where he quietly watches Fei and Elly eat food, which he knows is human food, and only tells them the truth afterwards. Citan... wtf??? D8

[On a sidenote;I find Fei's reaction unintentionally funny, the way the room starts spinning around while he goes "Wo-o-o-o-o-!"

It's like he got high...  Laughing ]
    kare_reiko
    kare_reiko
    Donator

Post by kare_reiko Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:37 am

Xernova wrote:Even though Citan is my favorite (playable) character, there is one time in the game when the good doctor made me go "wtf???". As I've briefly mentioned before, there's that scene where he quietly watches Fei and Elly eat food, which he knows is human food, and only tells them the truth afterwards. Citan... wtf??? D8

[On a sidenote; I find Fei's reaction unintentionally funny, the way the room starts spinning around while he goes "Wo-o-o-o-o-!"

That scene. It still make me feel like Citan is psycho deep down XD

Post by Guest Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:17 pm

kare_reiko wrote:That scene. It still make me feel like Citan is psycho deep down XD
    Definitely, but I think it just makes the psycho-doc even more awesome, in a way \o/ hahahaah, I guess it just adds too much to his list http://lparchive.org/Xenogears-(by-The-Dark-Id)/Citan/

Xernova wrote:[On a sidenote; I find Fei's reaction unintentionally funny, the way the room starts spinning around while he goes "Wo-o-o-o-o-!"

lol  Very Happy this sort of stuff usually makes me laugh too (I always laugh when I fight Heckran in Chrono Trigger for example T.T it's like, this huge dinosaur-lizard-monster comes out of its lair, its claws are the same size as your heads, then it says it will kill you... and lets out that ridiculous "monster" scream the game uses *-*)

BUT ANYWAY, when I first played Xenogears, the worst for me was this:

Spoiler:
    Monstrocker
    Monstrocker

Post by Monstrocker Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:11 am

.: Pretty much one of my favorite characters is Billy Black Lee. He's so badass handling the guns in battle! :.
    RadicalDreamer
    RadicalDreamer

Post by RadicalDreamer Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:48 am

Zeal wrote:
    kare_reiko wrote:That scene. It still make me feel like Citan is psycho deep down XD
    Definitely, but I think it just makes the psycho-doc even more awesome, in a way \o/ hahahaah, I guess it just adds too much to his list http://lparchive.org/Xenogears-(by-The-Dark-Id)/Citan/

I love Citan because he's a huge troll (this list  :zimlol: ). It's like Hohenheim from FMA or Dumbledore from HP (or the Doctor from Doctor Who)... they're definitively on our side but they still keep secrets (and they're all powerful/smart). And they're kind of dorks too. Pacifists as well. I guess they're very similar types.
    I must say I have such a hard time when fanartists make Citan girly/cute. This is so not how I view the character (I guess the geek/intellectual male character can't escape this cliché from fandom).

I must say I enjoy all the characters overall... except for Dan and Chu-Chu.
    My top favorites must be : Bart, Margie, Miang, Ramsus, Jesiah, Citan, Yui, Krelian, Emeralda, Kelvena and Roni. Fei (and his dark side) and Elly are nice too.
    I even enjoy characters who weren't mentionned/shown (or barely) in the game and characters who are mere NPCs (like the doctor lady from Nortune).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:37 am