Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Xeno Metaseries Community

Hello, this forum is in read-only mode. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

+8
salut hurricane
JerriLeah7
HikariKuragari
xenolion
TheMagician
stitchedmoon
LadyTwi
katimus_prime
12 posters

What is your favorite type of music?

katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

What is your favorite type of music? Empty What is your favorite type of music?

Post by katimus_prime Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:43 am

I am a very big fan of electronic music. I used to be heavily into the EBM scene, but now I'm into anything that sounds like it was made on a computer. I also like certain rappers and the occasional huge pop hit. I love 80's synthpop and 90's grunge. I also get into moods where I dig modern folk pop (Mumford and Sons) and semi lucid troubadours like Gotye and Florence Welch.
    LadyTwi
    LadyTwi
    Inquisitor Extraordinaire

What is your favorite type of music? Empty Re: What is your favorite type of music?

Post by LadyTwi Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:40 pm

I'm very much into metal, especially power, speed, symphonic, and folk. I'll also listen to some rock and I'm a sucker for anything with a really strong beat.

What is your favorite type of music? Empty Re: What is your favorite type of music?

Post by Guest Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:47 pm

Osts of every kind,classical,rock,and mostly a bit from almost all the genres
    stitchedmoon
    stitchedmoon

Post by stitchedmoon Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:03 pm

I'll listen to just about anything depending on my mood, but I especially like electronic stuff (EBM/industrial, chiptunes, whatever), soundtracks (especially from old video games), and sometimes classic/progressive rock or metal.  Occasionally I default to the type of college-radio alternative/singer-songwriter stuff I liked in high school.  I also think 80s pop music is the most fabulous thing ever.

One of my current favorite bands is Motorama (they kinda sound like a Russian Joy Division). owo

Last edited by stitchedmoon on Tue May 03, 2016 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    TheMagician
    TheMagician

Post by TheMagician Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:49 am

It depends on my mood in most cases. I prefer Country most of the time, but I will listen to anything... Providing it isn't rap.
    xenolion
    Jin's Mistress

Post by xenolion Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:57 pm

I will listen to almost anything. even some country or rap songs, but that is quite limited. OMG I am so looking forward to the Lindsey Stirling concert in March VIP passes and everything!!!
    HikariKuragari
    Chaos & Jr Fangirl

Post by HikariKuragari Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:36 pm

Symphonic Metal is one of my favorite, though I listen to most kind of music and I'm not all that difficult with it. Although I must say what I often listen the most are OST from video game haha !

Oh and Lindsey Stirling cause she's amazing ! =)

Post by Guest Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:35 pm

I listen mostly to soundtracks from the games I like, and a few artists like Rhapsody and Avantasia. I just love their epic style of metal, with orchestras and choirs and all!

Last edited by 84 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:26 pm

Yeah, I like all styles of music, I'm just really repulsed by rap music.

Post by Guest Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:00 pm

I love OSTs, and not just video game/anime ones, but also from movies and TV. I just like the music that is used for narrative, and the lack of lyrics helps me to concentrate while I work. For other purposes, then I really enjoy pop-rock-dance-whatever type of stuff, but I am kind of picky. For example, I enjoy Lady Gaga, but not so much Katy Perry and definitely not Kesha. I cannot really say why, I just get picky that way. And I also like anything with a beautiful voice, like Adele. But my favorite bands are Garbage and Ladytron.

Post by Guest Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:40 am

after japan, i took liking to a bit of jpop, and jjazz. most favourite is the kind of music i picked up from street performers. now that i'm home it's nice to play some of the CDs. brings back lots of good memories.
    JerriLeah7
    JerriLeah7
    Little Master

Post by JerriLeah7 Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:21 am

Anything and everything. A few of my favorites are:

Lindsey Stirling
    Nightwish
    Tommy Roe
    Simon &

Garfunkel
    Deadmau5
    Peter Hollens
    xenolion
    Jin's Mistress

Post by xenolion Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:12 pm

I do like game music. The Xenosaga OST's are awesome, and Ar Tonelico series has some of the best music.
    salut hurricane
    salut hurricane

Post by salut hurricane Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:37 am

As for me I listen to pretty much anything so long as it speaks to me. I've been known to frequent game/anime/tv show/movie osts, alternative, rock, folk, jazz, and a few hip hop artists. Chopin is my favorite composer. I like romantic-era music more than classical as it feels more expressive to me. I guess playing it ruined some baroque and classical composers for me :I

Post by Guest Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:57 pm

I like anything and everything but my top genres are probs "Inie/Alt"-Rock and Hip-Hop/Rap. Right now I'm jammin' to Nicki and The Dove, Kenderick Lamar, J-Cole and Gemma Ray.

Post by Guest Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:22 am

My most long lasting musical love has been video game/anime OSTs. When it comes to "mainstream" stuff I guess it'd be pop -- but anything with a great beat will get me going! I just listen to what sounds good to me~~ which can be anything from any genre at this point... Pop, rock, score/orchestra, metal, rap, dance/electronica, hip hop, indie-ish stuff... I think you get the point ehehe.

Post by Guest Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:36 am

An almost worrying amount of my daily music consumption is from video game soundtracks by Japanese composers, with anime OSTs coming in a close second. I had wanted to branch out a little.

I like orchestras recorded live, 8-bit remixes, chamber music with strings or piano, and-- Well, pretty much anything with a catchy or atmospheric beat. Anything with a reflective or melancholy mood works, too. As long as it doesn't have toneless shouting. But if that's the result of cheering during a live performance I can forgive it.
    oraf

Post by oraf Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:30 am

i picked the OST for the anime, Sakamichi no Apollon (kids on the slope). been listening to this recently. all jazzy tunes.
    Tehrin
    Tehrin

Post by Tehrin Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:32 pm

I will listen to anything (literally, anything) besides rap and country. Some rap and some country I can tolerate. 80's / early 90's rap is cool. Country is okay until it gets to WAAAAHHH LOST MY WIFE KIDS PICKUP TRUCK AND DOOOOOOGGGGG.

I listen to a lot of electronic stuff, but I'm not big on specific bands/groups whatever. I just like... stuff. I like video game, movie (usually animated) soundtracks. I like Korean and Japanese music. I like Indian pop music too. I like classical stuff. I like 80's and 90's pop/rock. 50's and 60's is cool too. If you can fart into a microphone and make it sound good, I'd probably like that too.

Just as long as it's generally positive, I'm down.

Post by Guest Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:06 am

My tastes in music vary so much it's really hard to pin it down. I like a little bit of everything, really.
    shinuzuki
    shinuzuki

Post by shinuzuki Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:47 am

I'm fairly fond of a wide range of music, but my favorites right now are chill hiphop Example Example2, Time Goes By by Re:Plus feat. Hydroponikz and Anika, and stuff like Emancipator, many game OSTs [Heal from ICO], I'm also quite fond of acoustic guitar pieces.
    Electronic is another one of my favorites too~ like Coloris by she, Weapon by M4sonic.
    And then we have jazzy stuff like Parov Stelar (featuring, snazzy dancer lol)
    and my favorite hype song BUMP BUMP! by BoA and m-flow
    Shizukesa
    Shizukesa

Post by Shizukesa Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:21 pm

i love metal!!!! industiral, black & heavy! newly into ultra beat heavy.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:56 am