Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Xeno Metaseries Community

Hello, this forum is in read-only mode. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

+15
katimus_prime
KOSMOSinusa
BlueMetal
Yikari
TheMagician
opkij
RadicalDreamer
Arylett Charnoa
stitchedmoon
Xernova
Jintoki
Monstrocker
InsaneChronos
kare_reiko
Ben
19 posters

Xenosaga HD Remake/Remaster!

stitchedmoon
    stitchedmoon

Xenosaga HD Remake/Remaster! - Page 2 Empty Re: Xenosaga HD Remake/Remaster!

Post by stitchedmoon Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:23 pm

Aw, bummeroni. That's ... certainly an odd way to phrase a 404 page.
    InsaneChronos

Post by InsaneChronos Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:30 pm

Whoops, sorry ._.
    Valkyrie
    Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:08 pm

So it seems Katsuhiro Harada (Namco) asks the fans about this :
    https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/504946863061995520

I will tweet for encouraging the idea of course.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:15 pm

I tweeted, too. *A* I was pretty discouraged by that strange 404 page, tho.
    Arylett Charnoa
    Arylett Charnoa

Post by Arylett Charnoa Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:10 pm

I tweeted so hard that U-DO heard it all the way up there in the Upper Domain. :3 And I'm going to try to spread the word of Xenosaga as much as possible! This series must be revived. And this will open up the way to a future for it.
    KOSMOSinusa
    KOSMOSinusa

Post by KOSMOSinusa Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:53 pm

So, I think Harada MIGHT be mad at me. xD
    I tweeted him:
    "@Harada_TEKKEN Mr.Harada, I will tweet you everyday starting today until you can confirm a Xenosaga HD collection!"

He replied:
    "Do u start spamming? You are not game fan community.
    RT@KOSJulian Mr.Harada, I will tweet you everyday start… http://tl.gd/ng58qc"

And I responded:
    "@Harada_TEKKEN Not spamming, rather showing you the love I have for the series and that it's worth showing some love to! We NEED Xenosaga HD"

Am I wrong for what I posted? Only trying to get some Xeno love that we all deserve. =(
    stitchedmoon
    stitchedmoon

Post by stitchedmoon Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:47 pm

Hm, well, to be honest, I'm not sure that's the best or most effective way to bring attention to it.  I think if I was a game developer or a creator of something, one person tweeting the same thing every day probably wouldn't do much to convince me, and, yeah, could get irritating pretty quickly, I would imagine.  Don't get me wrong, it's great that you're interested in raising support for an HD remake, and (since he seemed to be wondering whether people were interested) voicing your interest was probably a good first step.  Beyond that, though, there's probably a better way to go about it, like circulating a petition or starting a campaign (like Operation Rainfall for Xenoblade), maybe just getting more people to retweet and/or reply to Mr. Harada so he could see how many people really are interested.  Strength is in numbers, and the fact that he mentioned a "game fan community" probably means that there would need to be widespread demand for it before they could really take it seriously, y'know?

Last edited by stitchedmoon on Sun May 01, 2016 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
    RadicalDreamer
    RadicalDreamer

Post by RadicalDreamer Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:22 pm

stitchedmoon wrote:Strength is in numbers, and the fact that he mentioned a "game fan community" probably means that there would need to be widespread demand for it before they could really take it seriously, y'know?

This.
    No matter how much we want a Xenosaga HD remake around here, nothing will happen if more people aren't interested. And unfortunately... Xenosaga was pigeonholed as a failure or/and disgrace by a lot of people in the gaming community (that or people are ignorant about its existence). I'd like this remaster too but... I can't help thinking not that many people want it (and I've seen nasty comments from some people who plainly want the series to stay dead... how selfish and rude). Would it be possible to ask for the people who were responsible for Operation Rainfall to make some noise or not ? Maybe more people would be curious, knowing Xenoblade's popularity these days...

EDIT : I may try getting a Twitter account just to support this...
    InsaneChronos

Post by InsaneChronos Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:53 am

OK, we need to convince Harada somehow!
    stitchedmoon
    stitchedmoon

Post by stitchedmoon Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:47 pm

You guys might've seen this on tumblr or twitter already, but this just happened: http://gematsu.com/2014/09/tekken-director-wants-make-xenosaga-hd-collection-needs-fan-support

Last edited by stitchedmoon on Sun May 01, 2016 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Valkyrie
    Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:55 pm

wow  stitchedmoon  you were quicker than me... :nice:

Anyway here is my post :

There is new activity about this on Harada Twitter account :

https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/510056523549003776

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/ng78i3
    Valkyrie
    Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:08 pm

Funny that there is already 147 posts on this Gematsu articles in only 2 hours...
    Valkyrie
    Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:57 pm

Wow fans have already created a new "operation":
    https://twitter.com/hashtag/OperationKOSMOS?src=hash
    opkij
    opkij

Post by opkij Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:22 pm

Wow! I can't believe how fast and wide these news have spread, maybe the dream of a HD collection isn''t over yet! Also, if it guaranteed a collection of the series I wouldn't mind buying 100 copies, hehe.
    RadicalDreamer
    RadicalDreamer

Post by RadicalDreamer Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:08 pm

opkij wrote:Wow! I can't believe how fast and wide these news have spread, maybe the dream of a HD collection isn''t over yet! Also, if it guaranteed a collection of the series I wouldn't mind buying 100 copies, hehe.
    It's surprising, yeah. But, will it be enough ? I wonder what Harada considers "enough interest".

I would also agree with some people I read in the stuff you people linked... that HD isn't going to fix Xenosaga. There were quite a few development issues that impacted the series... to the point of ending it prematurily. A remake (and continuation) would be the best option for the series. But that's probably asking for the moon, right now. HD remaster will do (especially if I can experience Episode 1 and 2 for myself... I never could Episode 1 as it was apparently impossible to make it run on my swapped european console... and while Episode 2 did come out in Europe, it didn't have the best reputation... so I ended up watching them on Youtube). But if it gets made and doesn't sell well, I fear Namco will give up on the series forever (thus, no chance of a real remake or continuation *yes, I know, it seems impossible to even consider a real revival of Xenosaga but... life is strange sometimes*).

Post by Guest Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:02 pm

Damn, I was going to come around to comment on that. I saw this on Facebook earlier;

good job on even getting him to tweet that in the first place!
    Monstrocker
    Monstrocker

Post by Monstrocker Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:18 am

Oh man, I heard the news on Neogaf (especially on instagram). It will be really awesome if they plan to make the remastered version... and possibly putting in the uncensored cut scenes. Let's see how this thing progress.
    TheMagician
    TheMagician

Post by TheMagician Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:43 am

Wow. So there is a possibility after all. Who would've thought...

Anyway this popped up on GameSpot as well:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/want-a-xenosaga-hd-collection-namco-dev-says-to-te/1100-6422273/?utm_source=gamefaqs&utm_medium=partner&utm_content=news_module&utm_campaign=homepage

It likely says the same stuff you guys already know, but its always nice to see things coming from another source, no?
    Yikari
    Yikari

Post by Yikari Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:07 am

Well, looks like I'll be creating a Twitter account then.
    Valkyrie
    Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:40 am

The "Operation KOS-MOS" has now its own Facebook page :

https://www.facebook.com/OperationKosMos
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:11 pm

Ohhhh snap.

Post by Guest Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:46 pm

Yikari wrote:Well, looks like I'll be creating a Twitter account then.

Same here. I'm fairly skeptical that it'll work, but it's worth a shot, it being Xenosaga and all.

I just really hope that if this HD Remaster does actually happen, they don't simply half-ass like so many other HD collections out there. Uncensored cutscenes and dual audio would be a great start, since the English localization had a lot of issues with scenes butchered by censors and how some characters had a different voice in each of three games.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:07 pm

I'm most excited to see character models in-game at high res. From what I've seen of hacks and emulations, all the models can be scaled up to look pretty damn gorgeous.
    Yikari
    Yikari

Post by Yikari Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:48 pm

While the amount of people coming forward within the first day - including those who have only a vague idea of what Xenosaga is, but still want to try it out - is a pleasant surprise, mudslinging in the comments is kinda disappointing.

There are some people that are just thickly trolling, but it's not really the issue. People saying that 'oh, that'd be cool, but let's skip the x part if we can' made me somewhat upset. Most commonly 'the x part' is the second game as a whole, but there are other options I've seen too.

And there are comments saying 'Xenosaga trilogy is complete, there is nothing more to be done there' in response to people mentioning the possibility of various gaps in the story being filled.

Ugh, I think such public gathering of people is not good for my blood pressure.
    kare_reiko
    kare_reiko
    Donator

Post by kare_reiko Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:54 am

I'm all into HD remake because this may bring new faces to fandom. For me Emulated version is the best, with jap VA, I only turn on my originals on ps2 once to see if they work. But if they bring ver with dualdub I will surely buy new HD ver too.

About that complete of story, you all know that I would love to see fill up, at last at NDS ver for story, better ver of MY, Pied piper inside of game or alone remake, longer Ancient Lost Yerusalem part...
    But who would done that?
    Makers are now focused at Xenocross, they won't be able to fill anything. Namco at last, if they have all files from game can update pre-render scenes into HQ, rest is already in good quality to not need much to work.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:31 pm