Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Xeno Metaseries Community

Hello, this forum is in read-only mode. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

+16
opkij
salut hurricane
Jintoki
Yikari
JerriLeah7
LadyTwi
RadicalDreamer
GoldeneyeDS
Monstrocker
katimus_prime
TheMagician
Tehrin
oraf
Xernova
chibi
stitchedmoon
20 posters

Dreams?

stitchedmoon
    stitchedmoon

Dreams? Empty Dreams?

Post by stitchedmoon Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:32 pm

(I mean the kind you have when you're sleeping.)  Who wants to talk about 'em? :3

[rainbow2]I'LL GO FIRST[/rainbow2]

Spoiler:

Yeah, I got nothin'.

Last edited by stitchedmoon on Wed May 04, 2016 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total
    chibi
    chibi
    Jr.xShion Pioneer!

Dreams? Empty Re: Dreams?

Post by chibi Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:41 pm

I don't honestly remember my dreams anymore, which is pretty sad. ^^;

It's even more annoying when I wake up crying and don't even know why. Although the last time this happened, I do actually recall dreaming that my family was trying to get rid of the stray cat that we had taken in. I was being all protective and crying that they wanted to get rid of him after we'd been taking care of him. Woke up right after that with tears streaming down my face. Why, yes, I am an avid cat lover. XD
    Xernova
    Xernova
    Xerno Res Novae

Post by Xernova Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:51 am

Well, as a side-effect of the meds I'm taking atm I remember most of my dreams very clearly now, and what I dreamed last night was... a bit messed up.

Spoiler:
    So yeah... maybe I've been reading too much on TV Tropes? More specifically the trope "Beware the Nice Ones". Dreams? LOL_zps0f6f83cd
    oraf

Post by oraf Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:19 am

axed, shot, and pushed! damn, she's a sweet teacher gone psycho : D funny
    Tehrin
    Tehrin

Post by Tehrin Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:01 pm

I had a dream I was staffing a convention and for some reason going around to clean bathrooms? But I couldn't find the right bathroom and I wanted to mop the floor. But all the bathrooms had carpeting in them, and I'm like "Oh this isn't the right one! I can't mop carpet!"

And then I was cosplaying at some point but I don't remember who it was. o_o Nobody paid any attention to me because I was the Janitor staffer person, and I didn't get to hang out with any of my friends or see my husband. They were all in the cool people's party room but I was too busy cleaning bathrooms to hang out with them. :<
    stitchedmoon
    stitchedmoon

Post by stitchedmoon Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:44 pm

Speaking of cosplay, I had a dream this morning--okay, so, I have a bad habit of doing my entire morning routine as early as possible and then going back to sleep for like half an hour until right before I have to leave for work ... it is a problem. :| BUT ANYWAY, I dreamed there were a bunch of neighborhood kids out on the lawn dressed up as Adventure Time characters, like for Halloween or something, but it wasn't actually Halloween and I wondered what all these kids were doing running around in costumes on a Friday morning (and yeah, I know today is Thursday, but I woke up thinking it was Friday and was very disappoint when I realized it wasn't). I wanted to go outside and talk to the kids, but I was in a hurry to get to work, and then my alarm went off for reals.

I dunno what's up with all these random kids hanging around my subconscious these days. Maybe my inner child is up to mischief. :/

Post by Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:34 pm

I have an awfully hard time remembering dreams too. Most nights, it feels like I didn't dream at all, and when I do rememberone, I usually forget it too quickly T.T
    TheMagician
    TheMagician

Post by TheMagician Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:13 am

Actually, I never seem to recall any dreams. But I've had times where I have waken up abruptly (one night I woke up absolutely confused), not quite knowing why. Whether I find that weird or not is debatable, so I don't spend much time thinking about it.
    stitchedmoon
    stitchedmoon

Post by stitchedmoon Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:39 am

Yeah, I seem to alternate between not remembering my dreams at all, and remembering them really vividly for a couple of months at a time (especially if I start writing them down and keeping track of them).  I think I just started remembering again recently--I blame my sleep habits and also, like Xerno said, the meds I'm on.  (Apparently this antidepressant I'm taking can cause weird dreams as a side effect, and also being depressed and sleep-deprived, which I was for a while, made me dream less or remember them less clearly or have more nightmares or something.)

Anyway, I had one last night that I was planting a big ol' garden with a bee colony and a bunch of other stuff in an attempt to be self-sufficient, almost like a monastery garden in medieval times.  (Which actually is a dream of mine in the sense of "I'd actually like to do that someday," but that's another story.)  Right before I woke up I was apparently planting rice, or cooking rice by soaking it on the ground (yeah, IDK), and for some reason I remember what it smelled like.  I don't usually dream of smells (or tastes, unless they're REALLY GROSS), but it kind of made me want to cook rice. :P

Last edited by stitchedmoon on Wed May 04, 2016 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
    Tehrin
    Tehrin

Post by Tehrin Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:54 pm

I usually remember mine. I rarely have issues recalling dreams, but sometimes I do forget. I tend to remember more than I forget though. Mad

I was having frustrating experiences at work yesterday that carried over into my dreams lol.

I was at work and it was like 2am and customers wouldn't get out of the store (we close at 9pm). All the lights were off and people were still shopping. The cashier couldn't figure out how to ring someone up. So I ran over and did it for them. Finally the last person was out. But for some reason I decided to stay the night at the store (why?!) and just as I was falling asleep on a sofa that happened to be there (there is none), I noticed people were trying to break in. I'm trying to hide.

Oh yeah and at some point there were many kittens.
    stitchedmoon
    stitchedmoon

Post by stitchedmoon Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:06 am

Ohhh, work dreams. D:  I have those a lot when I'm stressed (when I still worked at my previous job I'd have nightmares about frantically assembling breakfast sandwiches or ringing up an endless line of customers).  I think I had some weird dreams last night, but the weirdest thing was the trippy visuals as I was falling asleep (drunk, incidentally).  Sometimes I see colors and random patterns when I'm still kind of half-awake with my eyes closed, but last night it was numbers.  Just ... typed numbers, in black and white, and bits of text.  It was like all the forms I have to read and key in during the day got shredded into digital papier-mache and plastered on the inside of my eyelids.  I think I even had the impression that the text had something to do with insurance claim payments.  Not sure if Tetris Effect?

Last edited by stitchedmoon on Wed May 04, 2016 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
    Xernova
    Xernova
    Xerno Res Novae

Post by Xernova Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:27 am

My dream from last night wasn't horror-movie-ish like the previous one I posted, but it makes even less sense. I don't think "realistic dreams" exists in my dictionary, my dreams are all pure chaotic fantasy. xD

So, this time I went on vacation to Egypt with my family. Our hotel was built into an underground cavern (you didn't expect something normal, did you?) because the weather was too hot above ground. Nothing over-the-top weird, I guess, but when I went to the bathroom in our hotel room, one wall was just a giant window with a view on the hotel's underground parking lot. So yes, any person on said parking lot could just look inside our bathroom. Apparently privacy was an unknown word in this Egyptian dream-hotel. There were other things which didn't make any sense, but I don't quite remember them. In any case, the hotel's layout made absolutely no sense. I remember my bedroom connected to the hotel's restaurant. -_-;

I don't know where these crazy dreams keep coming from, it's like I'm on crack once I fall asleep.  Rolling Eyes
    oraf

Post by oraf Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:13 pm

i didn't sleep well. i kept waking, sleeping, and waking. i'm tired as hell. some sort of scary dreams i can't make out.

the one dream i remembered was the one i had right before waking up, which was a pretty good dream i think. i was in the passenger seat of the car and just parked. the driver is a man i haven't seen since i was a kid. he was a friend and like a father to me. never seen him since. like somebody on this forum said something along the lines of "friendships tend to have expiry dates". we leave, slam door shut, i grab my heavy bag, and we start talking about beer, now that i'm all grown up and able to drink. and i wake.

i hope somebody i'll see him again, and for a real beer.
    oraf

Post by oraf Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:59 am

had a funny dream today^^

woke up in a foreign country. i was jet lagged. from up the stairs enters the room my soul mate. happy, with a smile greets me with a hug. i said something like "you shaved your stache!". he said something like "i always shaved my stache!". he takes off his pants. i do the same. and we're back to both happy bottomless boys in the room.

today, we're counties apart. we used to work together all nights long. we'd always have a heavy breakfast after work. usually fried pork cutlet coated in egg on the rice. being with him was like being a kid all over again.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:03 pm

I haven't had a dream in a long time. I'm not sure if it's my meds or not, but it's cool to read through all the rest of yours!
    oraf

Post by oraf Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:36 pm

i remember a dream. i was eating red apples. apples and apples and apples, non stop.
    stitchedmoon
    stitchedmoon

Post by stitchedmoon Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:06 pm

LOL, usually when I have a dream about food it's something really unpleasant (the crunchy cat food nightmare was the worst ... I still feel sick thinking about it), but apples sounds pretty good. :3

Speaking of feeling sick, tho, I had a stomach ache the other night and dreamed I was at home sick in my childhood house, playing video games all day because I didn't feel well enough to do anything else. Then my uncle shows up all angry and says I'm playing too many video games and I'm hereby forbidden from playing video games in general and Final Fantasy in particular (I think I was playing FFVII or something in the dream). I shouted back at him that I was 26 years old (which is weird because I'm actually 27? WTF dream logic), but that didn't seem to change his opinion very much. Also he kicked me out of my bedroom (which was not even my childhood bedroom but the one down the hall where I slept when I moved back in with my mom halfway through college) and made me move all my stuff into the bathroom. I was conflicted between trying to set up the bathroom as a comfy living space, and just getting the heck out of there so I could play video games again.

I also keep having dreams about making amends with my estranged ex-dad, but they just make me wake up feeling crappy.
    oraf

Post by oraf Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:15 am

from shouting age, to bedroom, to bathroom, that's a pretty funny deam.

i think i know me apples dream was trying to tell me. just yesterday was hangin' with friends o' mine. one of them brings apple pie. dear lord, had enough servings of apple pie.
    stitchedmoon
    stitchedmoon

Post by stitchedmoon Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:35 pm

LOL, I guess that would amount to a lot of apples. :3c

I had a really bizarre dream this morning that, like, someone made a bunch of robot clones of Xenosaga characters, including one of Sharon Rozas and Jan/Ziggy pre-life-recycling. AND I GOT TO MEET THEM. But it was kind of sad too, because they acted like real people and didn't seem to know they were just robot copies of (CANONICALLY DEAD) fictional characters.

Post by Guest Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:24 pm

^ Leaving the sad aspect aside, it must have been awesome so see the Xenosaga robot-characters, hahahaha

Gotta wonder about recurring dreams. I wonder why I dream so many times that I'm sort of "surfing" without any board. I just go pretty deep into the ocean, and then get carried back by the waves, or sometimes just blown by some ridiculously large ones.
    stitchedmoon
    stitchedmoon

Post by stitchedmoon Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:57 pm

^ Wow, that does sound like it could be symbolic of something. I used to have dreams all the time about my car speeding backwards or going out of control, and I think it was a metaphor for how I felt about the control I had over my life at the time. :/

The other day I dreamed I was keying in data at work and noticed something burning, and then I looked down and realized it was coming from my computer keyboard. I started taking the keyboard apart, one layer at a time, until I saw where the fire had started--on the circuit board under the Escape key. Then I looked up and realized I was in a building like my house, but all the doors and stairways were blocked off by beige-colored walls. I heard my brother and (step)dad talking in the kitchen, but before I could leave my desk/office area, more walls kept appearing and I was stuck in this little cubicle thing with ... *puts on sunglasses* ... NO ESCAPE.

Very funny, my subconscious.

Post by Guest Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:23 pm

Yeah I've thought about that kind of stuff before. I often dream that I try going somewhere on my own (sometimes on foot, sometimes even driving... even though I don't drive T.T) and I get lost, or that I'm being chased by someone and I keep running away. At least I can run huh, hahahaha, I hear a lot of people never run in their dreams õ.õ
    But anyway, I've thought about the metaphors in those before, but I don't know. Dreams are so weird T.T

(^ "with ... *puts on sunglasses* ... NO ESCAPE. Very funny, my subconscious."just made my day, lol)
    Xernova
    Xernova
    Xerno Res Novae

Post by Xernova Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:47 am

I haven't posted any of my random gibberish dreams anymore recently, but the one from last night deserves a mention on a Xeno-forum.

So, I was back in school (AGAIN >_>) and we made a bus trip to an indoor swimming pool for swimming class ([size=85]I blame this part of the dream on AlphaOmega for mentioning swimming classes earlier this week Dreams? Hehesmiley[/size]).
    Anyways, the teacher put on the bus TV to show a movie. But wait, it wasn't a movie! Instead, it were all the Xenosaga cutscenes put together. xD I vaguely remember scenes with Yuriev doing some evil gloating and another one with Wilhelm talking in his usual calm tone of voice. Needless to say, the scenes weren't the same as the real ones, but everyone was in-character.

That wasn't the end of the dream, though. After the bus trip we arrived at the swimming pool. And then we went swimming. Seems normal enough, right? The only unusual thing would be... the dolphins in the swimming pool. Obviously the dream would have been too normal without them. Rolling Eyes

I don't remember more than that, I guess the dream ended there.
    A Xenosaga-cutscenes compilation and swimming with dolphins... pretty cool, lol.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:13 pm

I keep on having nightmares.  >_<

The other day, I had one about geriatric zombies that lived in an old folks home surrounded by clowns and lit like the old Tron movie.

Post by Guest Wed May 01, 2013 2:55 pm

dafook katimus? o.o
    haha,I can't remember mines anymore,but they are either deep-meaning or absurdly random,the simple ones are actually the most ''important'' ones sometimes,though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:26 pm