Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xeno Fannage!

Hello, we will be closing December 31st, 2021. Please back up your messages and exchange contact information. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net. Hello, we will be entering read-only mode on December 31st, 2021. Please back up your messages and exchange contact information. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

+5
salut hurricane
LadyTwi
TheMagician
JerriLeah7
Xernova
9 posters

Languages

stitchedmoon
    stitchedmoon

Languages - Page 2 Empty Re: Languages

Post by stitchedmoon Wed May 04, 2016 9:12 am

I used to know German and some Japanese, but I haven't studied either since college or before.  I got all the way up to AP-level German in high school (it was actually one of the only AP classes I was in, and one year I got some kind of award for it or something) but when I got to college someone goofed and placed me in the wrong class, which I already had the AP credits for and should have tested out of.  I didn't find out about the error until I'd wasted two semesters sitting in the back of the room reading the newspaper and getting As anyway because I already knew all the material.  If I hadn't wasted those credits I might've gone farther in it, but by that point I was so bitter and burned out I just gave up. ._.

I had a great Japanese tutor, though.  I was home schooled for a few years in high school and had one-on-one lessons with someone who'd come to my house once a week.  Eventually she moved to Brazil or somewhere, but I still think about her a lot, even though I can't really speak/read Japanese anymore, either.

I kind of want to learn more languages, or at least brush up on the ones I used to know, but my attention span is crap and it's much harder to learn a new language when you're older.  (I am kind of attempting to Duolingo French because my husband's family is from Quebec, but I can't pronounce anything and the words have too many letters and sometimes my brain just gives up and code-switches over to German or something. orz )

Current date/time is Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:04 am