Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Xeno Metaseries Community

Hello, this forum is in read-only mode. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

5 posters

XU Forums to Go into Read-Only Mode in December 2021

Alpha1
    Alpha1
    Site Admin

XU Forums to Go into Read-Only Mode in December 2021 Empty XU Forums to Go into Read-Only Mode in December 2021

Post by Alpha1 Tue May 25, 2021 10:47 pm

Hello there!
    Thanks for still being here if you're reading this.
    While it's not a closing of the doors entirely, due to my own hefty workload, the lack of activity here at XU, and the fresh new community infrastructure standing up at https://godsibb.net, I've messaged the mods here about putting this forum into Read Only mode in December.

I've decided to set the date pretty generously far forward and hope to keep XU standing as read-only as long as I can.  

Until it closes, please feel free to keep posting. I love these games and always will, and it's been a joy to see the community grow over the years, to see others moved by the same things that moved me. I apologize for not having the time to carry this on indefinitely, and I hope for the success of all that come after me.

Yours very truly,
    Katimus

Last edited by Alpha1 on Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Crow_Black
    Crow_Black

XU Forums to Go into Read-Only Mode in December 2021 Empty Re: XU Forums to Go into Read-Only Mode in December 2021

Post by Crow_Black Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:35 am

i picked a strange time to join then huh?
    Alpha1
    Alpha1
    Site Admin

XU Forums to Go into Read-Only Mode in December 2021 Empty Re: XU Forums to Go into Read-Only Mode in December 2021

Post by Alpha1 Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:16 pm

Crow_Black wrote:i picked a strange time to join then huh?

Haha, indeed! Please enjoy until then, though. :3

Crow_Black likes this post

LXGK
    LXGK

Post by LXGK Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:51 pm

Always occasionally visited this forum as a guest for fun but did sadly notice the inactivity. Only now just made an account since it's going read-only in December, thought I'd leave a mark before then. Hopefully Godsibb continues to become bigger Very Happy
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:13 pm

Hey LXGK! Thanks for stopping by!

The hope is that the Godsibb Forums will be an adequate replacement for this place. There's active mods there that can keep up with websitery needs and have more energy to interact with the community than I do.

Anyway, I thought I'd log in and give more details about the forum closure here.

We don't have a Discord replacement, Godsibb's forums act as that. If you would like to advertise your Discord community links before I set things to read only, feel free to here.

I will be performing a short test to see what read-only behavior does to the forums at large this weekend, and will update the thread with my findings.

In the meantime, please get each other's contact information and create your own backups.

I will keep up the non-forum portion of Xeno Underground until I cannot afford to do so, but I will not be able to process more requests for added content. If you have something to donate, please reach out to one of the mods over at https://godsibb.net.

I once again apologize for being unable to maintain a forum on my own in 2021.

LXGK likes this post

katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:41 pm

Hi there! I performed the read-only mode test, and it looks like I can put the forum in read-only mode without restricting access to PMs. So, come December 31st and I lock and you need to look for something, you won't be locked out.

Once again, I thank you for your patience as I walk away. I love all the Xeno games and hope I always will. I wish all future Xeno projects in good faith huge success. :3
    Valkyrie
    Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:31 pm

Hello Kat !  Smile

it looks like I can put the forum in read-only mode without restricting access to PMs.
    >>
    Ooooh...
    Does that mean that it will still be possible to send/receive PMs ?
    If yes : that's extremely great news ! Thanks a bunch for checking that !

So, come December 31st and I lock and you need to look for something, you won't be locked out.
    >>
    Super sorry, but I have not understood this sentence.

I wish all future Xeno projects in good faith huge success.
    >>
    Thanks ! sunny
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:37 pm

So, come December 31st and I lock and you need to look for something, you won't be locked out.

>>
    Super sorry, but I have not understood this sentence.

Hey Val! Since you asked, I'll clarify:
    On December 31st, I'm setting the forums into read-only mode. I don't expect there to be any loss of material, but if there IS a loss somewhere, you can still get in contact with me on Discord about it.

Does that mean that it will still be possible to send/receive PMs ?
    If yes : that's extremely great news ! Thanks a bunch for checking that !
    Yes, PMs will still be able to be sent and received! We still have minimal inbox/outbox space, and please do not rely solely on this method of communication, just in case something else does happen to the forum while I walk away.
    Valkyrie
    Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:45 am

I see, thank you for your answers ! Smile
    LXGK
    LXGK

Post by LXGK Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:50 pm

Thanks Katimus! Do hope the spirit lives on in Godsibb Very Happy I'll provide a link to the U.M.N. Xeno server I have going, so far with just over 400 members.

It's dedicated to being an archive for all Xeno related things, such as website (over 70 or 80 at the moment), wikis, guides, interviews, cover and remixes of Xeno music, and lots of other stuff.

It's also just a server for hanging out and having a chat! I'm adamant on keeping it a chill and relaxed place so please feel free to join in Very Happy

The link is here: https://discord.gg/beQ3kSkFdV
    This link should never expire, but I've also made a post about the server on Godsibb should anything ever happen to it!  Bunnie  Oh I've also added some of the forum emoticons from here into the server Smile
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:02 pm

About 6 days left to go. Thank all of you for your time and dedication. I wish all of you a good future, and please treat each other well. Patience and understanding goes a long way.

Valkyrie and LXGK like this post

Alpha1
    Alpha1
    Site Admin

Post by Alpha1 Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:16 pm

I think this should do it! Going to do some final testing to make sure I've done this right.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:01 am