Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Xeno Metaseries Community

Hello, this forum is in read-only mode. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

+4
Arylett Charnoa
Jintoki
katimus_prime
Tehrin
8 posters

Impressions! [may contain spoilers]

Tehrin
    Tehrin

Impressions! [may contain spoilers] Empty Impressions! [may contain spoilers]

Post by Tehrin Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:39 pm

Be sure to make use of the "spoiler" tag as to not spoil anything for anyone!

Characters
    Spoiler:

Previous game mentions
    Spoiler:

Gameplay stuff
    Spoiler:
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Impressions! [may contain spoilers] Empty Re: Impressions! [may contain spoilers]

Post by katimus_prime Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:53 am

New User Experience - Chapters 1-3

Tutorials - Combat & Interface
    Spoiler:
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Impressions! [may contain spoilers] Empty Re: Impressions! [may contain spoilers]

Post by katimus_prime Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:36 pm

So, my life has been eaten alive by this game. I've just completed Chapter 12, so here are my Chapter 12 impressions:

Spoiler:
    Jintoki
    Jintoki

Post by Jintoki Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:31 pm

I just beat it, but I don't know if I'll be leaving it anytime soon.

Spoiler:
    Arylett Charnoa
    Arylett Charnoa

Post by Arylett Charnoa Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:54 am

No spoilers here. But I have to say that... I find this game to be very intimidating and convoluted. I tried playing it for a few hours, and then I just... stopped. I didn't find it at all gripping like Xenogears or Xenosaga. The small menu font didn't really help. I tried to get into it several times, but my head kept spinning at all the text on the screen, the largeness of the world, and getting so so lost. I'm afraid to say that this isn't the game for Arylett. I play Xeno for story mostly, and I can't slog through something that gives me a HUGE headache. The font really is detrimental. I just want a game with basic mechanics that I can beat with a nice little story.

Maybe if they patch in a much larger font, but even then, I'll probably have to just watch my husband play it.

I kind of hope that they create a game that goes back to the basics for slow-brained people like me. Maybe a little side game on a handheld would be nice, since they don't make stuff like that for consoles anymore, sadly.

Overall, just... not my thing, I guess. I become easily overwhelmed by too much.
    admin
    admin
    Site Admin

Post by admin Fri May 06, 2016 8:56 pm

I will say that Xenoblade X is a much different experience from any of the previous Xeno games. There's a lot of game infrastructure that stands in the way of the story, but I still managed to enjoy it. Not going to lie, I did burn myself out on it trying to rush though as fast as I could on it.

The story it has plays out over a long game, so if there's Let's Plays of the cutscenes, I still recommend them, because the story is very intriguing.
    キキキ
    キキキ

Post by キキキ Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:13 pm

I don't have Xenoblade X but from what I have seen it fits and makes a lot of my theory's more explainable. The large world reminds me of Fallout 4 and skyrim...
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:39 pm

Yeah, I was reminded quite a lot of both of those games as I was playing it. I imagine the new Zelda might have that feel, too.
    FishyFish_RU
    FishyFish_RU

Post by FishyFish_RU Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:40 am

Could somebody spoil the story? What is it about? I'm not asking for absolutely spoilerish details, but at least for some more details than "well, it's a game about nature vs. mecha enemies" Smile

I've been considering trying this game out, but I play games for the story, so I'm not sure if this one is worth playing.
    samarishim

Post by samarishim Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:02 am

Humanity has lost Earth (for the 4th time in a Takahashi work), now they have to build a new civilization on planet Mira and fend off the hostile alien forces that partly destroyed Earth.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:02 pm

So, here's a much more comprehensive spoilerization of the whole thing, massive spoilers front and center:

Edit:
    I corrected errors I made from when I originally made this post! Sorry for spreading misinformation.

Spoiler:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:45 pm