Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Xeno Metaseries Community

Hello, this forum is in read-only mode. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

2 posters

Mumkhar Appreciation Life

katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Mumkhar Appreciation Life Empty Mumkhar Appreciation Life

Post by katimus_prime Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:52 pm

I have a problem and his name is Mumkhar.

I should probably be ashamed of myself, but I really adore Mumkhar, and all of it is spoilery.

Spoiler:

All of this makes me super-excited about Lou and Doug in Xenoblade X, because I can't unsee Dunban on Lou and Mumkhar on Doug, especially in this image - http://xenoblade.wikia.com/wiki/File:Illustration_of_Lao_and_Douglas_g_img_rareengine06.jpg

Maybe one day, I will calm down, but today is not that day.  I might use this thread later to link to art about Mums.  I did a lot of Rule 63 Mumkhar back when I first played XB and it's gotten dusty, but I still want to show it around.
    Kire-Kitsune
    Kire-Kitsune

Location : Somewhere in Ohio. I don't recommend it, 1 1/2 out of 5 stars. Boo.

Mumkhar Appreciation Life Empty Re: Mumkhar Appreciation Life

Post by Kire-Kitsune Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:29 pm

Oh dear God, Mumkhar. He is such a deliciously shitty person. He is just pure human garbage. (Or Homs garbage, I suppose.) And I love him for it. His voice actor had a ball with it, too. Like a cockney Albedo. (At least on a scale of pure melodrama and overacting.) I wish there was more about him pre-battle of sword valley.

Oh, I just wanted to mention that female Mumkhar threatens all that I understand in life. It terrifies me. lol
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:26 pm

Haha, I guess I'll have to organize my draws of Mamakhar for you. I had a lot of fun with her because there was no expectations I had for making her pretty, but she still kinda ended up a little bit pretty anyway. When I worked at a gas station chain, there were a lot of rough, wirey women who came through as regular customers, so I kinda drew on them for inspiration when drawing Mumkhar (both male and female, actually).

Mumkhar is just a deliciously terrible person, and gaming hasn't had that since maybe Kefka. As crazy as Albedo was, he still drew a lot of fangirls and was somewhat sympathetic. Mumkhar just came off a lot stronger as a villain than that, and it made me really happy to see. (Disclaimer, though, if I ran into someone like Mumkhar in real life, I'd steer the hell away.)
    Kire-Kitsune
    Kire-Kitsune

Location : Somewhere in Ohio. I don't recommend it, 1 1/2 out of 5 stars. Boo.

Post by Kire-Kitsune Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:46 pm

I dread the day those drawings are organized. Plus, I like that he's a gnarly looking guy, lol. I think the temptation to make his character type really foppish and feminine is one that JRPG's turn to too often, you just don't have many "ugly" villains in JRPG's. Most are Albedo-esque. Insane, yes. Antagonistic, certainly. Yet, he's also ridiculously sexy. I think artists are obsessed with sending mixed signals, lol. (Or conciously laying fangirl bait.) I mean, look at Sephiroth. Utterly unquestionably despicable. But his hair is magnificent! It just cracks me up. Of course, that's better than the western approach where all villains look like beaten up potatoes.
    Mumkhar Appreciation Life Comander_Stall

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:53 pm