Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Xeno Metaseries Community

Hello, this forum is in read-only mode. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

4 posters

Who is your favorite non-playable character in each Xeno game?

Xenofason
    Xenofason

Who is your favorite non-playable character in each Xeno game? Empty Who is your favorite non-playable character in each Xeno game?

Post by Xenofason Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:42 pm

There are so many NPCs in Xeno games that I've always wished you could play as. Here are some of my favorites in all the Xeno games:

Xenogears - I really need to replay Xenogears. I've only played it once a while ago and some of it slipped my mind. But from who I remember, my favorite non-playable characters were Krelian, Jessie, and a bunch of others that I'm completely blanking on. I think I'll start a new playthrough this week now that I think about it.

Xenosaga - This might be an easy answer but, Albedo. I'm also a fan of T-elos of course, and every single Testament, along with Wilhelm.

Xenoblade - Mumkhar, Dickson (who are playable at one point), Alvis, Egil, Otharon?, Kallian, and I guess Zanza and Meyneth

Xenoblade X - Every single real character in this game is playable so I don't really know who to say. Tatsu is the only non-playable character that's not a villian I can think of, who is certainly not a favorite character of mine.

Xenoblade 2 - Every. Single. Blade. It makes me sad that blades aren't playable. The drivers get so boring playing as the entire game. Let me play as Pyra or something man.

I typed this up pretty quick. I'm sure there is a lot of characters I'm forgetting. Especially from Xenogears. Don't be mad at my lack of Xenogears knowledge, I'm replaying it asap. Hooking up my PS1 right now!
    Jintoki
    Jintoki

Who is your favorite non-playable character in each Xeno game? Empty Re: Who is your favorite non-playable character in each Xeno game?

Post by Jintoki Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:16 am

Seeing the Torna Golden Country give you the ability to play as Blades makes me really wish they'd add that to the full game, but I doubt it.

Oh man, good thread. I recently beat Xenogears for a second time, so it's a little fresh. Obviously, characters like Ramsus and Margie would be great as playable characters. Heck, they definitely got more story than several actual party members, like poor Rico. I'd also love Jessie, Sigurd, Wiseman, ID, and possibly Miang if they went with a villain playable route.

Xenosaga, I'd definitely like to have T-elos, maybe have her and KOS-MOS have a double attack like in Episode II. Really, I wish Miyuki, Allen, and Canaan were permanent additions. But yes, I would also love Albedo to join the gang.

I can't really say too much about the other Xeno games right now. I haven't played the original in forever so my memory is fuzzy. For X, definitely Ga Buidhe.
    stitchedmoon
    stitchedmoon

Who is your favorite non-playable character in each Xeno game? Empty Re: Who is your favorite non-playable character in each Xeno game?

Post by stitchedmoon Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:19 pm

I've only played Xenosaga, but most of my faves besides Ziggy and MOMO were NPCs--Juli (obviously), Cherenkov and the Ormus gang, Doctus, Lapis Roman, Gaignun, probably some others I'm forgetting too. :3  I kind of toyed around with making a fan-game where some of them were playable. I have headcanons about that, but they're complicated. orz
    Ichigo777
    Ichigo777

Post by Ichigo777 Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:46 pm

For Xenosaga, I always thought it was a waste in 3 that you couldn't recruit the Ormus members after you defeated them....I would have killed to be able to play as Margulis....Seriously, name another normal human w/o any special abilities/gifts that takes on your group in a 3 (or 2) vs 1 and is actually difficult. It's just Margulis.
    stitchedmoon
    stitchedmoon

Post by stitchedmoon Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:43 am

^ Seconding the heck outta this because a playable Margulis would have been so badass.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:51 pm