Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Xeno Metaseries Community

Hello, this forum is in read-only mode. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

5 posters

The Ending *ALL THE SPOILERS, YOU'VE BEEN WARNED*

Jintoki
    Jintoki

The Ending *ALL THE SPOILERS, YOU'VE BEEN WARNED* Empty The Ending *ALL THE SPOILERS, YOU'VE BEEN WARNED*

Post by Jintoki Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:34 pm

One last warning! Run away if you haven't beaten it!

Okay, here we go. After 168 hours, I finally beat it (oof, I don't think I've ever put so much time into one playthrough of a game). I was very curious to see the Xenosaga-ish ending so many people hyped it up to be, but seeing Elma in her true form did give me the case of the excited giggles. However, I really wanted to know more about Elma, her alien species. But that happened a lot with other humanoid xeno species, such as L and Celica. I just wanted to know more about them.

But I did enjoy the ending quite a bit. The setup for a sequel wasn't as cliffhanger-y as I had feared it to be; it opens questions, but doesn't make you sit on the edge of your seat and curse at the TV.

Okay, I'll stop my thoughts for right now. What did you guys think?
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

The Ending *ALL THE SPOILERS, YOU'VE BEEN WARNED* Empty Re: The Ending *ALL THE SPOILERS, YOU'VE BEEN WARNED*

Post by katimus_prime Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:26 pm

I was actually pretty impressed with the way they psyched everyone who'd recognize KOS-MOS out with Elma's true form in that trailer. I was completely surprised and pretty happy with that part. I'd hoped that the "oh shit, why are any of you still alive?!" part would have been covered in endgame content somehow, but apparently it's not? I'm giving myself some time off from the epilogue stuff because I shut my life down to play through XBX as fast as I possibly could and couldn't accomplish that even by playing every day faithfully for a month. I gotta go grow my life back. orz

I had been on the :/ side Re: Lao right up until Chapter 12, and I'm glad he face-turned before becoming the last boss somehow? (That part seemed a little rushed to me but whatever.) Also, if Luxaar dissolving into the goo meant to replace all the human bodies with doesn't make every human made from that goo part Ganglion, I'd be surprised.
    Neosmith

The Ending *ALL THE SPOILERS, YOU'VE BEEN WARNED* Empty Re: The Ending *ALL THE SPOILERS, YOU'VE BEEN WARNED*

Post by Neosmith Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:46 pm

If anything, it looks like Hashi is planting seeds of a full-on sequel to the XBX story.

I only saw the cinematics, but man... Elma suddenly reveals herself to be basically an updated model of KOS-MOS v3. Everyone should be dead, so the planet Mira is seemingly alive.

A lot of unanswered questions that hopefully won't be forgotten.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:59 pm

Not gonna lie, I'm itching for a sequel even though I'm still burnt out on the gameplay.
    Neosmith

Post by Neosmith Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:22 pm

So, aside from Lao's reincarnation, the undead memory mystery and Mira's sentience, what other loose ends have people noticed? Are there any theories to explain this stuff?

Jintoki
    Jintoki

Post by Jintoki Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:31 pm

Well, there's one thing I'm still kind of confused about, so I hope someone could clarify it a bit for me. The main computer in the room the final boss battle took place: Was that where everyone's consciousnesses were being broadcast from? Or was that just recorded data of living organisms from Earth? The computers were broken in the post-game cutscene made it seem like that's where everyone's consciousnesses were being broadcast from to the mims, so I'm a little shaky on the importance of the computer in the final boss room.

Also, with Lao being on that beach, could anyone tell who it was walking over to him?

Also, I feel so silly. While searching the web, I saw people mentioning how Elma mim form = T-elos, true form = KOS-MOS, and it blew my mind.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:35 pm

So, I'm pretty sure everyone's consciousnesses were supposed to be in the server room and whatever Luxaar blew up was some kinda extra system that did...something extra?  Or maybe it was part of what was keeping Elma connected to her Mim?  They don't really explain that very well, so I can see the confusion.  Maybe it's the computer with everything from earth stored in it.

Oh man, the beach.  I almost forgot about that!  Okay, so I have a feeling that that might be some kind of visualization of where the humans that died on Mira went of their collective unconscious or afterlife?  That's a bit of a stretch, though.  I'm reminded of the Beach of Nothingness from Xenosaga because I'm an incurable dork.

As for who's walking up on him, it might be a shade of his wife, or a new character?  The silhouette doesn't look like Luxaar, and I would be inclined to think of Doug if I didn't think the beach represented some kind of afterlife-space.  OR IT COULD BE VOYAGER.

Also, hehe, that's neat re: T-elos and KOS-MOS.  I don't have a brain for that, but it's a neat observation.  :>

Neosmith

Post by Neosmith Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:22 pm

So, I'm pretty sure everyone's consciousnesses were supposed to be in the server room and whatever Luxaar blew up was some kinda extra system that did...something extra?  Or maybe it was part of what was keeping Elma connected to her Mim?  They don't really explain that very well, so I can see the confusion.  Maybe it's the computer with everything from earth stored in it.

Is there a database in the game that delves into that?

I imagine there'd have to be, given how big this world is.

I didn't think Luxaar managed to destroy anything - he seemed to damage the DNA-liquid repository thing.
    Jintoki
    Jintoki

Post by Jintoki Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:52 pm

I really wish the game had a database, but it does not (to my knowledge). There's a monster bestiary, which is a welcome addition with all the items and monsters you need to hunt down, but I hope a database for terminology, characters, etc. is added for the sequel.
    kare_reiko
    kare_reiko
    Donator

Post by kare_reiko Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:04 pm

Ok, since I had yesterday day off from work(Visit to doctor on morning) so I sat down and I finally finished story line.
    I read spoilers earlier, but when I was beating chapter 11 and 12 stories I really liked it. I wish this game was more story focused in the end since this all "humanity died on Earth", "People controlling Mims", "Lao can't die and go to his family" are great ideas. Whole existence of Mira is whole big "what's going up." and I really wonder if they will make sequel. If yes, I would be happy, but in the end I think I will end up watching it on youtube.
    No matter what I regret buying WiiU just for this game, I won't do such mistake again and next game is already going on NX.
    This game was really painful to play for me in first 50 hours, I felt lost, got killed over and over, I only started to like it after I got flying module to my skell. It's complete opposite to Xenoblade that I beat 4 times, always with all possible subquests. To this game I won't be coming back... Well I didn't yet done all that I can, but after I will do all things I want then I don't think I will play in it again. Still, that's my only personal feeling.

About ending. Let's say that in main room of the core we saw only something like main CPU of whole system that "LOOKED" like it worked when Elma recreated cat and system made those lizards monsters.
    But then at epilogue Elma and rest go into data center of whole system. What we see flooded and destroyed are servers that contained whole database so information about DNA of every single thing from earth.
    Everyone making WTF since:

-If data are destroyed then why people are still alive?
    - If whole system is destroyed then how Elma made it work at CPU room? How cat was recreated? Why it worked anyway when there is no data? CPU can't work without data.

If we get sequel and Takahashi explain this part of story in good way then it will be really amazing and greatest plot I read for a long time. To explain how Mira world done that and how it translate Xeno langues.

Bigtakilla
    Bigtakilla

Post by Bigtakilla Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:55 pm

What Luxaar was blowing up was the power source, not the database. They needed to shut down the Trion barrier to destroy the lifehold. Also, Luxaar didn't damage the controller of the primordial ooze, at least to any real degree. The monsters were made by the lifehold core as a defense mechanism to keep said thing from happening.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:09 pm