Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Xeno Metaseries Community

Hello, this forum is in read-only mode. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

+4
Yikari
Gottfried
RadicalDreamer
Jintoki
8 posters

Character Creation: Who will be your main character?

Poll

Who will you make?

[ 2 ]
    Character Creation: Who will be your main character? Bar_left40%Character Creation: Who will be your main character? Bar_right [40%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Character Creation: Who will be your main character? Bar_left20%Character Creation: Who will be your main character? Bar_right [20%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Character Creation: Who will be your main character? Bar_left0%Character Creation: Who will be your main character? Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Character Creation: Who will be your main character? Bar_left20%Character Creation: Who will be your main character? Bar_right [20%] 
    [ 1 ]

Total Votes: 5
    Jintoki
    Jintoki

Character Creation: Who will be your main character? Empty Character Creation: Who will be your main character?

Post by Jintoki Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:37 pm

Voice actors (Japanese) confirmed to be choices for the customizable character:

Male Voices
    Shintaro Asauma (Classic)
    Kouki Uchiyama (Rival)
    Eiji Miyashita (Hot-blooded)
    Shinosuke Tachibana (Honor-Roll Student)
    Tetsuya Kakihara (Shounen)
    Souichirou Hoshi (Teenage)
    Daisuke Namikawa (Military)
    Toshihiko Seki (Brother)
    Masaya Onosaka (Kansai)
    Hideyuki Tanaka (Samurai)

Female Voices
    Ai Maeda (Classic)
    Rina Satou (Tsundere)
    Yui Ogura (Whisper)
    Shiori Katsuta (High-Class)
    Maaya Uchida (Spoiled)
    Sumire Uesaka (Ditzy)
    Atsuko Tanaka (Military)
    Ami Koshimizu (Sexy)
    Ryoko Shiraishi (Kansai)
    Mariko Suzuki (Traditional Japanese)

Granted, I know some people are a bit iffy about creating a main character, but I'm still kind of interested in it myself. I just hope it won't be like White Knight Chronicles where you create a character and they aren't even the main character. They pretty much stand in the background doing nothing the entire game.

Anyway, anybody have an idea what type of character they'd like to make? Original character, a past Xeno character, or maybe a character from a different franchise? Since the list of voices are a mix of some Xeno vets, I definitely want to make a KOS-MOS (well, I've wanted to make a KOS-MOS ever since customization was announced, but with Mariko Suzuki involved, it's guaranteed). But one of the haircuts did remind me of Shion and Ai Maeda is also in it...But I'm curious if the English voices will be quite this extensive (it would be a dream come true if Bridget Hoffman was a choice!)
    RadicalDreamer
    RadicalDreamer

Character Creation: Who will be your main character? Empty Re: Character Creation: Who will be your main character?

Post by RadicalDreamer Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:34 pm

I originally wanted to re-create Emeralda, personally. But I don't know if a similar haircut will be available (do we know if there are more haircuts to choose from beside the preset examples ?). But seems like I can make an Elly-looking character. I would probably use KOS-MOS's va for her.
    So, that would be my choice.
    I would find it fun to also play as Motoko Kusanagi (her voice is available for military type). Or Yu Narukami from Persona 4 (here, again, the VA and even preset face are available to re-create him).
    I'm not sure how strong of a character this MC will be so... I'd rather use a character I love from another game than an original character I may forget about. My first choice was Emeralda because I always wanted her to be the heroine for Xenogears Episode 6.
    Gottfried

Character Creation: Who will be your main character? Empty Re: Character Creation: Who will be your main character?

Post by Gottfried Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:29 am

RadicalDreamer wrote:I originally wanted to re-create Emeralda, personally. But I don't know if a similar haircut will be available (do we know if there are more haircuts to choose from beside the preset examples ?). But seems like I can make an Elly-looking character. I would probably use KOS-MOS's va for her.
    So, that would be my choice.
    I would find it fun to also play as Motoko Kusanagi (her voice is available for military type). Or Yu Narukami from Persona 4 (here, again, the VA and even preset face are available to re-create him).
    I'm not sure how strong of a character this MC will be so... I'd rather use a character I love from another game than an original character I may forget about. My first choice was Emeralda because I always wanted her to be the heroine for Xenogears Episode 6.

Well, they have maria hair, so you just might find some for Ems.

I think I said this in another thread, but If we have any control on bonestructure at all, like manipulating cheek/chin bones, Im going to try and go for making a Big Joe.
    Yikari
    Yikari

Post by Yikari Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:52 am

As with any sufficiently equipped character creator, Mr. T always comes to my mind. Barring that, I'd probably try to see what they have in store for Ziggy fans. XP
    kare_reiko
    kare_reiko
    Donator

Post by kare_reiko Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:47 am

I always make my original character and for 90% it will be girl.
    I really like how 3rd already made female character look, so I'm not even sure if I will make many changes in it's appearance.

I was thinking and thinking about it for a while and they use in trailers almost the best worse looking face from all those options.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:18 pm

I saw Cherenkov-ish hair. Gonna go for my Commander!! Hopefully I won't have to settle for someone too young-looking, though. I hope they have age sliders.
    kare_reiko
    kare_reiko
    Donator

Post by kare_reiko Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:29 am

They said in some translation that there are choices with three options : child, middle age and old. Maybe they will show it in some trailer soon or someone will show it when jap version comes out.
    Angelfeathers
    Angelfeathers

Post by Angelfeathers Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:38 am

A few weeks ago I started a new 3DS game called "Fantasy Life", I ended up not even playing the game but spending the whole time on the character creation screen trying to make chibi Xenosaga characters. I'll probably do the same thing here, I'll probably try to make Xenosaga characters but most likely I'll end up making my own created character. I really love how the character design reminds me so much of Xenosaga's character designs (I just read that the same designer is behind it? Or something like that). I'm very excited to get my hands on this game. Smile
    Arylett Charnoa
    Arylett Charnoa

Post by Arylett Charnoa Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:41 pm

Oooh! That makes the feature much more appealing to me, because it isn't just a silent protagonist. I hope these voices/character types have different complex interactions and make for an interesting narrative. Already, I think it'll be more interesting than most character creation games.

I won't be remaking a Xenosaga character. It'd probably just depress me that the game isn't Xenosaga and make me want to play that instead. I'll make an original character likely based on myself. Or perhaps a mixture of myself and Lunaris, and she'll be called Aelita.

What I want most is for Xenosaga's voice actors to be in this and for this feature not to be downscaled in the English release. (Which it might, to just two or so voice options because that happens sometimes.) If Shion's voice actress in English voices lines, I will TOTALLY pick her voice. God, that would be awesome.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:08 am