Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Xeno Metaseries Community

Hello, this forum is in read-only mode. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

2 posters

Question about Jr.'s literature interests

Xernova
    Xernova
    Xerno Res Novae

Question about Jr.'s literature interests Empty Question about Jr.'s literature interests

Post by Xernova Thu May 22, 2014 7:05 am

So I'm planning to commission a picture of Jr. who will basically be sitting on the beach reading a book.
    Now I remember from XSII he likes reading (given that he carries all those books out of Jin's bookstore) and on the Xenosaga wiki I also read this;

"He also has a fondness for guns, action movies, and classic novels, including The Adventures of Robinson Crusoe, The Wonderful Wizard of OZ and Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea."

Where does that info come from? And more importantly, other than those 3 books, are there any others which he is known to like reading?
    It's been too long since I last played the games and I can't really find any other info about his literature interests, so I figured I'd just ask on here. ^^
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Question about Jr.'s literature interests Empty Re: Question about Jr.'s literature interests

Post by katimus_prime Thu May 22, 2014 12:17 pm

If I remember correctly, I think those three books are stated in one of the databases (possibly XSI's?). Jr's opening line in XSI is the beginning line of the Wizard of Oz. Not sure where Robinson Crusoe and Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea comes from, but if Albedo's tendency to quote from things is any indication, it seems like the URTV variants (at least Albedo and Rubedo) are very well-read.
    Xernova
    Xernova
    Xerno Res Novae

Question about Jr.'s literature interests Empty Re: Question about Jr.'s literature interests

Post by Xernova Thu May 22, 2014 2:51 pm

Oh, I see. Okay, thanks for the info.

I know Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea is a Jules Verne novel. Our library has a collection of most -if not all- of his novels and that book is among them (with the Dutch translated title "Twintigduizend mijlen onder zee").

If those 3 books are the only known examples, then I think I'll go with the Jules Verne novel.
    A sci-fi novel for a character in a sci-fi videogame, seems fitting!  :nice:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:53 pm