Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Xeno Metaseries Community

Hello, this forum is in read-only mode. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

+4
Monstrocker
Jintoki
TheMagician
katimus_prime
8 posters

XBOX ONE

katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

XBOX ONE Empty XBOX ONE

Post by katimus_prime Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:12 pm

Utterly atrocious at first glance. Definitely not the system I would ever get for myself. All it has to offer are essentially the Halo series, sports games, Call of Duty and...a gross invasion of your personal privacy.

They just keep on digging that hole. Wonder how deep it'll go?
    TheMagician
    TheMagician

XBOX ONE Empty Re: XBOX ONE

Post by TheMagician Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:39 pm

Who knows. I've been following this mess for a while and I find it all simply astonishing. Microsoft's pretty much saying "To hell with the consumers!" with this sorry excuse of a console that is just loaded with one restriction after another. On top of it all, Microsoft's ultimately trying to control what we can and can't do. Long story short, the Xbox ONE is an anti-consumer console. There's no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Not that I was a fan of the Xbox in the first place, but with the whole DRM thing and all the other BS concerning the Xbox ONE pretty much guaranteed that I will NEVER, and I mean NEVER get one.  There's no way in hell that I'm going to let Microsoft walk all over me.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:24 pm

I've been leery of Microsoft for a while. I actually feel sorry for my friends who are THAT much into Halo (not dudebros - they actually like it for the story) that getting an XB1 is a thing they feel they're compelled to do. I know I'm never going to be paying for it. It'll be so worthless in 20 years that even a flea market couldn't sell it as anything more than a doorstop.
    Jintoki
    Jintoki

Post by Jintoki Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:02 am

Even if I was remotely interested in the Xbox One (which I'm not), I live out in the middle of nowhere with not so great internet, so Microsoft has already decided for me to not buy one. The only game I was remotely interested in was probably Killer Instinct, but then I became gravely disappointed by the gameplay they showed and hearing that Rare isn't making it but the mediocre Double Helix is...Oh well.

Post by Guest Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:26 pm

Even I being a owner of a Xbox 360 and not fond of PS3,if I have to choose between PS4 and XBOX360 I'll go with playstation.Microsoft is ignoring the market wishes and trying to tame the costumers to fit what they are fancy,and it's illogical.I don't see any reason,any,NONE to get a Xbox One,especially considering PS4 will be cheaper around here,honestly,it's between sticking into ps2,ps1 and xbox360/xbox games or also getting the new sony gen,but under no chances Xbox one.Microsoft lost the market before the sales even begun.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:58 pm

Part of me hopes it's a joke.  Maybe feeling the punch to their sales will wake them up.
    http://www.cinemablend.com/games/PS4-Grabs-95-Consumer-Votes-Amazon-Ends-Poll-Early-56766.html

Post by Guest Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:44 pm

Hahaha,not unnespected though,maybe Microsoft will still keep their policy,thinking of not giving up,that would be stubbornness above anything else.My worry is that Sony with the major hold of clients would basically be able to abuse of that market...
    Monstrocker
    Monstrocker

Post by Monstrocker Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:16 am

.: Ehh, I seen so many hatred on the Xbox One. Though I do admit the Xbone did a horrible job, as well as the game sharing method (( you have to pay Sad )).

Even the Press C. were not happy too. LOL :.
    LadyTwi
    LadyTwi
    Inquisitor Extraordinaire

Post by LadyTwi Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:45 pm

Never been remotely interested in any iteration of the Xbox, but I have been following this Xbox One debacle. Here's a tidbit that came out today: http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-drm-reversal-cuts-features-requires-one-time-514419715?rev=1371676969

Post by Guest Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:24 am

Rather nice!It working very close to what xbox360 does help things A LOT.However I'll still only search for this in-depht before I have to chose between XBOX One and PS4.
    TheMagician
    TheMagician

Post by TheMagician Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:29 am

LadyTwi wrote:Never been remotely interested in any iteration of the Xbox, but I have been following this Xbox One debacle. Here's a tidbit that came out today: http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-drm-reversal-cuts-features-requires-one-time-514419715?rev=1371676969
    Yep, I saw pretty much the same thing on Gamespot. Here's their article if folks are interested: http://www.gamespot.com/news/microsoft-changing-xbox-one-policies-6410472

This was a surprise to me. Here I was thinking that no matter how much people hated on the Xbox One for its policies, Microsoft would never change its ways and get rid of them. Well, I believe I was proven wrong. No one wants a console with such restrictions, and this is a lesson that Microsoft learned the hard way. Its the smartest thing they've done in a while, as all the DRM and other crap was a stupid idea in the first place and I bet that Sony would crush them hardcore if Microsoft didn't change their approach.

Now, what I want to know, is who the hell thought that we, the gamers, would accept those restrictions to begin with...

Anyhow, I think people who are Xbox fans can breathe a sigh of relief, but as this is Microsoft we're talking about, it'd be advised to keep our eyes peeled. I for one don't trust Microsoft after even thinking about taking gaming in that direction. Something in my gut is telling me that there is a chance that they'll pull something like what we were about to see with the Xbox One in the future...
    RadicalDreamer
    RadicalDreamer

Post by RadicalDreamer Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:32 pm

I followed this entire mess for a while. I'm glad consumers won over Microsoft's abusive policies.
    Still, I don't think I will ever buy the XBOX ONE because :

1 - Microsoft wanted to abuse people's rights with this console and while they turned around (something they claimed they were never going to do), they still showed a VERY BAD part of themselves. Some people won't forgive them easily.
    2 - I never bought a Microsoft console and I can't say I'm too interested in the new one (not so interested in their games)
    3 - they won't allow much freedom to indie developers. That's bad. I support creativity in games, thank you.
    4 - for now, the price is too high
    5 - Kinect. What's up with kinect now, Microsoft ?

I can't buy every console that come out anyway. PS4 seems better, cheaper and seems to have more interesting games. Since I totally skipped this generation (aside from the Wii), I might just get a PS4. IF Takahashi's next game disappoint me (meaning, if it's more online than not with poor story/characters), it would also save me money (can't say Wii-U is interesting so far). So I guess I would only buy a PS4 and a 3DS.

Post by Guest Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:23 pm

Gosh. Microsoft is messing up big time! It's going to do poorly in sales.
    JerriLeah7
    JerriLeah7
    Little Master

Post by JerriLeah7 Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:15 pm

I think the worst thing about this is the fact that with having Xbox generalized and by adding restrictions and limits to consumers, there is officially no benefit whatsoever of having the Xbox console compared to simply gaming on PC. Most Xbox games are available on the PC and it has more freedom, PC's are even more generalized, and the consumerism of the games released on the PC are nowhere near as controlled.

PS4 and PC gaming ftw, I suppose.
    Monstrocker
    Monstrocker

Post by Monstrocker Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:22 am

.: I heard the other day Xbox One reverse their DRM. So basically they copied Sony's ideas of their Pros ._. I'm amused... :.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:25 pm

Yeah, I heard that the DRM restrictions were reversed.  Part of me wonders if their launch announcement was a big social experiment, but with their competitors taking so much of a high jump from it, I doubt it.  The only things XBOX has going for it exclusively is Halo, and that's a fairly big draw, but not big enough a draw that people aren't going to see through totalitarian BS.  The only people I could see interested in the XB1 before they reversed their decisions were the truly hardcore Halo people, Madden players and Call of Duty players, which...I dunno, I don't mind standing apart from.  When I still worked for Best Buy, a customer really made me angry because when I told him I didn't play Cod, Halo or Madden, he asked to be helped by someone else because "I wasn't a real gamer." I've carried that grudge with me for a little bit.
    RadicalDreamer
    RadicalDreamer

Post by RadicalDreamer Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:20 pm

katimus_prime wrote:When I still worked for Best Buy, a customer really made me angry because when I told him I didn't play Cod, Halo or Madden, he asked to be helped by someone else because "

I wasn't a real gamer."

I've carried that grudge with me for a little bit.

Wow... what an ass. This "real gamer" thing is such bull.

Post by Guest Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:56 pm

Wanna know why its called "Xbox one"?

Because that's the amount of units it will sell

katimus_prime wrote:When I still worked for Best Buy, a customer really made me angry because when I told him I didn't play Cod, Halo or Madden, he asked to be helped by someone else because "I wasn't a real gamer." I've carried that grudge with me for a little bit.

Holy crap, what a jerk. I DESPISE people who think like that, who are they to determine whether or not someone is a "real gamer"?

Post by Guest Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:13 pm

katimus_prime wrote:Yeah, I heard that the DRM restrictions were reversed.  Part of me wonders if their launch announcement was a big social experiment, but with their competitors taking so much of a high jump from it, I doubt it.  The only things XBOX has going for it exclusively is Halo, and that's a fairly big draw, but not big enough a draw that people aren't going to see through totalitarian BS.  The only people I could see interested in the XB1 before they reversed their decisions were the truly hardcore Halo people, Madden players and Call of Duty players, which...I dunno, I don't mind standing apart from.  When I still worked for Best Buy, a customer really made me angry because when I told him I didn't play Cod, Halo or Madden, he asked to be helped by someone else because "I wasn't a real gamer." I've carried that grudge with me for a little bit.

I don't play ANY of those and I doubt a person isn't a ''real'' gamer,bring anything on bitches! \o/

Also katimus if I ever see that guy I'll kick his balls for sure =)
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:17 pm

Luckily, I never saw that customer again.  Not that I stood a chance in a fight against a brodude, but the fact that I've carried that with me for 5 years is a testament to my anger.  

I've encountered so many different ways people decide to divide themselves up among gamers, but I think the term "gamer" is just as broad as "human" these days.  People inhabiting their subsections are becoming more and more divided over what they think is "real" gaming, and the longer this goes on, the more poisonous it gets. I really wish it would stop.  :/
    chibi
    chibi
    Jr.xShion Pioneer!

Post by chibi Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:27 am

There's no such thing as a "real" gamer.  Anyone who games is simply a gamer.  We all enjoy different things; it's just that we have the mentally-impaired ones who can't seem to grasp that fact. :banghead:

Anyway, you couldn't get me to touch the new XBox with a thousand-foot pole.  Microsoft has proven that they can't be trusted (they could go back on what they've said any time after the console is purchased), so I'll just pass on giving my money to them.  I won't be getting a PS4 any time soon, either, but that's because I'm quite happy with the PS3 at this point.  Besides, I'm getting older now and finding less time (and not enjoying it nearly as much most of the time) to game.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:34 am