Gaming pairings, eh : Xenogears
- Contact/Antitype : while their soulmatey thing have a depressing side (how much free will do they really have in this?), they're just very cute and heartbreaking together. And dat 10000 years old love story, seriously. I'm such a sucker for love beyond time, space, death etc...
- Krelian/Sophia : another sort of heartbreaking. There is a beauty to their bond I think. Krelian was important enough to Sophia that Lacan first thought they were a couple. I guess I love the protector/protegee thing, Krelian's absolute love and faith towards her (and how he was a better man for a while thanks to her) and how it wasn't meant to be.
- Dominia/Kelvena : I like the chemistry and dynamics.
- Citan/Yui : cute one. And for some reason, I think it would fit Yui to be a teacher. The badass teacher and doctor and their psychic creepy daughter. Such a family.
- Jesiah/Racquel : I think they must have been a cool and cute pair (Racquel was probably like family to the Elements). I always wanted to draw a badass fanart with all the Black together.
- Ramsus/Miang : the dark manipulative one. And they're sexy. I don't ship it like the others. It's not a healthy relationship but it's a fun relationship to explore (plus all the jokes you can make, it's fun messing with poor Ramsus). I also like the tragedy of it. Maybe Ramsus would have found the love he never had if Miang never possessed her host.Xenosaga
- Shion/Allen : because Allen is a sweetheart and I was sick of seeing Shion suffer because of Kevin and other stuff. Still, sometimes, you wish Allen had found someone else because Shion could be really mean to him.
- Shion/KOS-MOS : such a touching pair. They're a mix between a parental relationship and long lost bffs (maybe there is a bit of substitute lover thing going on as well... like "you're the last thing I have left of my dead fiancee"). And clearly, there was lesbian fanservice on top of it.
- Shion/Jr : could have been emotionally interesting.
- Jr/Albedo : maybe not in a sexual way. Nope. Their relationship is more emotional, symbiotic (and screwed-up... believe me, incest is usually a big turn-off for me). They were one at birth and Albedo died making one with Jr again. They belong together... litterally.
- Nigredo/Citrine : I like them, they look so good together, Citrine meant a lot to Nigredo and err... same as above. The URTVs are screwing with me !
- Febronia/Virgil : how can I not ? Those 2 messed with my feelings during Episode 3.
- Jin/Pellegri : sad thing they parted ways.
- Jan/Sharon : Poor Ziggy. I never really connected (or noticed... well until I realized the fandom liked it) with the Juli/Ziggy thing however (and yet, that would be great for MOMO, indeed). Go figure.Final Fantasy
- Celes/Locke : classic angsty pair.
- Celes/Setzer : I love this one because it's fun. I SO can imagine Celes' jaded face when Setzer kidnapped her during the opera. And when she cheated with the coin, ahah. They're both very good looking together, as well (and I think they're optional if you don't get Locke for the ending).
- Setzer/Daryl : cool flying partners/adversaries... Shame she died.
- Terra/Edgar : while I like that Terra never got a canon love interest and found what she missed as a surrogate mother/big sister for orphans... this one looks pretty good in fanarts and it's always fun watching Edgar showing off and Terra not knowing exactly how to react.
- Terra/Kefka : the only heroine/villain kink pairing I enjoy. Because there is something fascinating about the puppet/puppeteer relationship and they always get AMAZING fanarts. Of course, I'm glad Terra gained her freedom. I don't SERIOUSLY ship this.
- Aerith/Cloud : I support it fully. Because the love was there. It was real. Aerith loved him for who he was in the end (not for Zack, it's all said in the game, and some books). She loved him and accepted him for who he was (something the guy barely got from others, not even Tifa). No lies, no secret. Cloud cared more about others and the planet thanks to her. And she never gave him up, even after she died. He never could forget her either. And there is this spiritual connection between them too. I find them inspiring. Tragic and inspiring. And they totally would have gotten married if she didn't die. Sometimes, I'm sad when some people in fandom pretend there was nothing between them. It's so obviously clear there was something.
- Aerith/Zack : I enjoy the cuteness in CC. However, I also dislike how the pairing was presented and how they changed Aerith's personality to make things fit better (plus, she was not even supposed to feel his death or whatever... it doesn't make any sense in the cutscene anyway because she looked up at the sky in shock when Zack was still alive... way to make your retcon nonsensical, SE). CCZack and CCAerith are basically Tidus and Yuna in disguise. Lazy writing.
- Tifa/Cloud : there is something cute about their interactions in the original game. And sad. But I also have tons of issues with the pairing. If it was my OTP, I would probably have conflicting feelings about them often. I don't care for them in the novel/movie however (boring and they feel so miserable).
- Elena/Reno : Reno is such a tease and Elena is pretty cute/funny. Visually, they're nice too.
- Elena/Tseng : Well, he asked her for dinner.
- Barrett/Tifa : I can't blame people who thought they were married with a kid at first lol. Marlene actually does consider them her mom and dad. Overall, I always thought their relationship was very sweet. Sadly, it gets ignored too much by fandom (like Barrett, he's awesome). And apparently, Tifa gave him foot massages !?
- Zack/Tifa : everything Tifa is looking for in a man can be found in Zack (and how cute it would be to see Zack making her laugh). It's too bad they just met during the Nibelheim event. They never could bond beyond this.
- Laguna/Raine : so homely, so cute and so bittersweet. I always loved the Laguna flashbacks the best in this game.
- Garnet/Zidane : better developped romance of the series maybe (of the ps1 era at least). They're lovely.
- Freya/Fratley : so sad. And yet I loved how Fratley fell in love with her again in the end, despite the amnesia.
- Tidus/Yuna : cute, touching, tragic... I really love them. Despite my love for them, I never quite accepted FFX-2's ending (except for the "cherish" line from Tidus... aww). As sad as FF10's ending was, it was beautiful. And I'm not sure if Tidus (or the aeons) coming back makes any sense.
- Balthier/Ashe : a nod to Han Solo and Princess Leia... and to Garnet/Zidane. Such a shame it went nowhere or didn't get more popular in the fandom.
- Balthier/Fran : awesome partners.
- Ashe/Rassler : There are a few stuff I like about them.
- Ashe/Basch : well, errr... they look good and princess/knight. Honestly, much like Fran/Balthier, I didn't ship it while playing the game. I happened to appreciate it later, with the fanarts. And I think they would need time before they got romantically involved (because of what happened during the war, what Ashe believed for so long...).
- Vanille/Fang : whatever they are, they had one of the sweetest relationship in FF13 (with Vanille/Sazh *which I would ship if he didn't think of her as a kid* and Lightning/Hope).
- Fang/Lightning : Sexy strong ladies. That's it. I know, this is shallow lol.
- Lightning/Hope : Well, it's a bit similar to Vanille/Sazh... but I could see something developping when Hope is an adult. I would not "ship" it with teenageHope however.
- Noctis/Stella : too soon to tell, alright. But they look great and after the trailer, I'm curious about their relationship.Shadow Hearts/Koudelka
Alice/Yuri : sad and sweet one. Their relationship was a bit underdevelopped in SH1 but SH2 made it great.
Killer/Lady : antagonists in love. Sad stuff with them too (that's how the SH series generally rolls anyway).
Koudelka/Edward : I wanted Edward to stay with Koudelka (somehow, I like to think Haley is their kid but I don't know if I'm right or not). She was so lonely (this scene by the fire when she's drunk was heartbreaking... such good acting in this ps1 game).Lost Odyssey
Jensen/Ming : fun and cute. Better than Sarah and Kaim (snorefest). Even the (unfortunately horrible) main song plays during one of their moments.Persona (3/4)
Mitsuru/Akihiko : they're sexy, badass and partners. I kinda got disappointed to see how Persona focused more on gay subtext with other characters (I wouldn't mind this... if only Mitsuru/Akihiko got moments for them too).
Shinjiro/Female MC : this pairing actually makes me care about Shinji.
MC/Yukiko : A surprise for me. But they're so adorable together.
MC/Rise : I like it too.
Yukiko/Chie : the reason I got surprised when I began to ship MC/Yukiko.
Kanji/Naoto : cute pairing, even if it would be cuter if Naoto showed some love in return. Dunno what Arena or Golden did with this.
Kanji/Rise : could be fun and lovable.Hotel Dusk
Kyle Hyde/Rachel : the reason why I LOVED hearing the phone ringing
. I don't know what happened in the sequel but they better get even closer.Ace Attorney
Gumshoe/Maggie : the last pairing that I still wish for. I shipped a few other pairings but they all got pushed as friendship only or sibling like (and I can't see them any other way now). At least, I know Gumshoe likes Maggie. She's still oblivious about it but who knows...
Mia/Diego : I like them, even if I think Diego was a sexist douche at times (this scene with von Karma, argggg, whip him girl).Metal Gear
Boss/Big Boss : not in a romantic way maybe. But she was super important to him.
Big Boss/EVA : cute.
Big Boss/Miller : I always found this slash okay... but the new MGS trailer made it more than okay to me.Valkyrie Profile
Alicia/Rufus : I like their relationship and the cuteness.
Lezard/Mystina : in a brOTP sort of way. I like how they're both awful people (Lezard more than Mystina but still) in a funny partnership.Uncharted
Nathan/Elena : I don't know that much about Uncharted but I find them cute.Okami
Amaterasu/Waka : don't ask :laugh4: . I guess it's because they're amusing.
the dog trainer and her dead husband (don't remember their names) : aww... I always felt sad for the girl.Silent Hill
Mary/Maria/James : Screwed up but deeply moving. I cried during the In Water ending. That letter, DAMN.The Legend of Zelda
Link/Zelda : well, especially in Skyward Sword.Brawl
Snake/Samus : perfect crossover ship. The ultimate badasses.
I can't remember more for now.
EDIT : Bioshock Infinite/Burial at Sea
Booker/Elizabeth : gave me ENORMOUS feels last year and recently with the DLCs. But I have a complicated relationship with this one... because you discover [HEAVY SPOILERS]
near the end of the story that they're father and daughter. Not a pleasant thing to learn as a twist when you're shipping a pairing (it wasn't difficult to, they were like Flynn and Rapunzel from Tangled, the similitaries between the stories are obvious... and I ship Flynn/Rapunzel really hard). Because of this, I can't imagine them as lovers. My brain rejects this kind of incest (Contact/antitype is an exception because reincarnation happened). And yet, I don't exactly see them as father/daughter either. More like the dear friends they were portrayed for the major part of the game before the reveal (and Elizabeth still refers to him as "her only friend" in BaS, not dad or father). The feelometer is off the charts with those 2. The love feels so real. And because they feel more like friends than relatives to me, I have to constantly remind myself they're related when they have a touching moment. I wonder sometimes if it's my fault or Ken Levine's fault. Honestly, it's a bit risky to make this kind of reveal at the end of the story like a big twist. I mean, I obviously don't feel the same way about Joel and Ellie from the Last of Us. The nature of this father/daughter like relationship (even if they're not related this time)was clear from the start.
So yeah, Booker/Elizabeth is all kind of confusing to me. But this is definitively one of the most emotional relationship I have seen/experienced in a video game. So I felt I had to talk about them.