Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Xeno Metaseries Community

Hello, this forum is in read-only mode. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

5 posters

Xeno Roleplay Interest Topic

Xeno Roleplay Interest Topic Empty Xeno Roleplay Interest Topic

Post by Guest Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:02 pm

Is there anyone interested in an RPG? I have a few ideas for Xeno-based campaigns, but only if a few people are interested in participating.

Last edited by 90 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Xeno Roleplay Interest Topic Empty Re: Interest Topic

Post by katimus_prime Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:37 am

I generally love to RP, but since I have 90000 things to do, it's just not possible for me to be in an RP at the moment. However, I will make every effort to facilitate subforums for folks here!

Post by Guest Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:04 am

Yeah, I really only do post-a-day type of games because of my own schedule conflicts.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:31 am

It occurs to me that I might gain more interest if I described a few possible campaigns.

A Far Flung Future
    An open-ended approach to what might have been another chapter in the Xenosaga universe. Thousands of years after XS3, a new civilization has risen on the materialized planet Earth. Sleeping KOS-MOS is discovered hidden deep in ancient ruins, and a group of new characters is sent to unearth her.

This game provides the flexibility for players to create entirely new characters, or play as their favorite characters in re-incarnated form.

Rebuilding the UMN
    The continued lives of Ziggy, MOMO, and the others who are left behind after XS3, as they attempt to reconnect the known universe.

Mirror Universe
    Players would create their own new and different versions of characters from Xenosaga, affecting its story in unpredictable ways. It would start on the Woglinde and proceed loosely through the events, branching off where players decide to make different decisions.

Or if anyone has their own idea, please share.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Xeno Roleplay Interest Topic Empty Re: Xeno Roleplay Interest Topic

Post by katimus_prime Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:19 pm

I edited the title of the topic a bit just because the new category-based layout kind of dumps all the Xeno threads in the same spot. X_X

All of those are really cool ideas!

If there is enough interest around, I could set up the space for people interested in continuing our XS OC RP which paralleled canon with a bunch of OCs.

Post by Guest Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:47 am

Thanks, Kat. I'm down with whatever.
    Tehrin
    Tehrin

Post by Tehrin Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:13 pm

It's been a long time since I've RPed and I'd love to do it again. I was actually thinking today about seeing if anyone was interested in a post-XS3 RP, either by posting or just doing it on skype.  I'd love to join in! >w<!!

Post by Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:25 am

By post-XS3 did you mean the MOMO story or a more future-based story?

I'll go ahead and post some foundations for it, then hopefully we will get a few more interested.

Post by Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:32 am

I don't know if I'll get back into RPing anytime soon (partly because of burnout and partly because I've become very keenly aware of my own limits for that sort of thing). If I joined now I honestly don't think I'd be capable of enjoying it, so I'll leave that part to the rest of you folks. :) ...
    Tehrin
    Tehrin

Post by Tehrin Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:31 pm

GlanceReviver wrote:By post-XS3 did you mean the MOMO story or a more future-based story?

I'll go ahead and post some foundations for it, then hopefully we will get a few more interested.

DERP.

I meant like something taking place immediately after XS3. Perhaps one group with the Elsa, another with MOMO and the others. Maybe eventually establishing some kind of contact at some point down the road. I think it would be fun!
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:51 pm

Let me know when you need a subforum, guys! :>

Post by Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:29 pm

OK, Kat.

Rin; might need to do two separate groups for immediately after XS3.  I imagine they would have different in-game time progression.  Ziggy/MOMO's side would be ongoing, but the Elsa might only have an episode of something happen every few weeks or months.  It's possible the two could cross-over.  I'm not sure there's enough players to carry the entire cast, though.
    Tehrin
    Tehrin

Post by Tehrin Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:33 pm

GlanceReviver wrote:OK, Kat.

Rin; might need to do two separate groups for immediately after XS3.  I imagine they would have different in-game time progression.  Ziggy/MOMO's side would be ongoing, but the Elsa might only have an episode of something happen every few weeks or months.  It's possible the two could cross-over.  I'm not sure there's enough players to carry the entire cast, though.

I guess it depends on who is playing who. For example, if there are enough crossovers in players and the characters that they are playing. Say there are 6-8 people, most with 1 or 2 characters on both sides, there would be enough to go around. For example person A is playing Juli, a Scientia OC on the Dammerung, and also playing Mary, person B is playing Doctus, Jr. and Captian Matthews... and so on and so forth. Um in the Old RP I did years ago, there were 6 or 7 of us at most, and we played several characters. There were times when certain characters didn't interact for several weeks to a few months, in terms of player interaction. But all 6 of us interacted with our characters on a nightly basis because we either played main characters or played minor characters to have scene interactions.

Although it would be some time before both would interact with people and characters from the other group, they still will have character interactions and adventures along the way. It's not like they HAVE to float through space with nothing but their own company for 10 years. There's got to be remaining planets and populations that didn't get vaporized, they'll have to stop to refuel and regather supplies. That said, how interesting could it be on MOMO's side too? I mean, there are plenty of character interactions to be had, but at the same time, they are going to be plucking away at a new network for x number of years.

Post by Guest Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:00 am

I guess the trouble would be making sure each player has at least one character on each side, and that these characters don't end up in sock-puppet conversations with themselves. Could work.
    Tehrin
    Tehrin

Post by Tehrin Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:24 am

It would also probably depend on how many people are interested in playing. If there's only a handful, maybe sticking to one side would be best. But then to decide which side to do? D: IDK. I guess it depends on player interest.
    Yikari
    Yikari

Post by Yikari Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:05 am

Umm... I guess I can be listed as 'interested', if anyone is still up for this.

The only problem is that I have absolutely zero experience in this kind of thing. I've read some session logs, I've listened to that one guy on youtube explain how he GMs a campaign (I think it was Archengaia; I very much recommend his channel, by the way), I've lurked about some of Spacebattles' 'quest' threads, but that's about it. I have no idea how I'd hold up in the actual play. Sad
    shinuzuki
    shinuzuki

Post by shinuzuki Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:19 pm

Quick revival =] I really like all these ideas from Glance, and I'm wondering which time would be most appealing to everyone interesting in RPing. My only concern is the time setting that takes place immediately after the events of XS3, mainly because communications and space jumping is severed [right? i havent finished 3, im so sorry QQ] so that will have to either take place in a ship that witnessed the end of the events orrr some far off planet that's wondering whats going on with the UMN.

Mirrored time line would probably be ideal because we already know the events and world of Xeno 1-3, therefore itll be easy syncing up major battle events, standard character creation, and stuff like that.

At the same time, the far flung future would be interesting, because practically anything would go ^^ The one I was making was going to be open to fully developed androids modeled after KOSMOS, more diverse weapons, as well as varying conflicts like social turmoil or androids going crazy like the Realians in the Miltian Conflict.

The most I can do right now is setting up a character sheet for those interested to fill out ^^ and then I can add or subtract based on what timeline we decide =]
    Yikari
    Yikari

Post by Yikari Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:59 am

Hmmm... I'm not entirely sure what you could do after XS3. Sure, lots of freedom everywhere, but, well, UMN collapsing means no communications and space travel between star systems at all unless you happen to be sitting on a cache of functioning older tech. (Which may not be quite as far-fetched as it sounds given that the Migrant Fleet somehow survived until they've made contact with the Federation relatively recently.)

IMHO, there would be much more numerous opportunities to exploit for plot before that point in the timeline.

For example, me and stiched had agreed that whatever Ziggy was up to before his first appearance in the series, the tactical cyborg action may have just resembled this

at least somewhat. Very Happy

(Jokes aside, there must've been a time when Ziggy didn't work solo. And given the people he was working for at the start of Xenosaga, his assignments may have had a shade of MIB operations to them too. Could be an interesting plotline to explore if the group is in the mood for something more free-form and disconnected from canon.)

Same with any other loosely connected scenario like 'what Matthews and his crew were up to before KOS-MOS bumped into their viewport'.

Something closer to the main canon storyline? Well, the hows and whys of T-elos were for the most part glossed over, so it's really tempting to brew something up on that front. (Strictly speaking, I want to either offer my personal interpretation or at least explore almost every character, but the space anime dark elf of the cast is really asking for it more than most.)
    Arylett Charnoa
    Arylett Charnoa

Post by Arylett Charnoa Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:21 pm

I would be game for getting in on this! I particularly like the idea of T-elos being explored, because I too am interested in more detail on here, and can agree that after Xenosaga III, it would be difficult to think up much of anything due to the lack of U.M.N. Ziggy too! More Ziggy = awesome. I would also find that to be interesting.

HOWEVER, that freedom is tempting.

There is a way to make something after Xenosaga III work. Perhaps the remnants of Scientia could be trying to recruit others so that they can construct the prototype of the USN, or Universal Scientia Network, to replace the UMN with. They could send out a scouting party into space, which would be some OCs or canon characters or whatever. (I'm not really sure which ones will be primarily used here, but I don't care either way) And along the way, more people join up. Perhaps they find something odd, like some weird artifact, which causes the start and derailment of an entirely different journey. It's all very vague, with details that could be filled in by just about anything.

That said though, I will literally roleplay anything that is Xenosaga-related. We don't have to go with my ideas. More canon, less canon, I love it either way.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:26 pm

There's also the possibility of setting it not so far long after the events of XSIII, where at least communications and transportation are restored without going too far ahead in the timeline? I'm too busy to actually play, but I'm keeping an eye on the topic just in case you guys come up with what you want to name your subforum for it. :3

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:32 am