Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Xeno Metaseries Community

Hello, this forum is in read-only mode. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

+10
Monstrocker
Jintoki
oraf
Tehrin
stitchedmoon
salut hurricane
LadyTwi
katimus_prime
chibi
Xernova
14 posters

Your real name

Your real name Empty Your real name

Post by Guest Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:35 pm

I think we had this topic back in Godsibb, but since there are lots of new people here now, maybe we could start a new one!
    Of course some may prefer not to tell it. But for those who don't mind, what's your real name?

I'm Gabriel o/
    I like the name, but sometimes it's kinda weird to hear it since no one really calls me that, lol

Last edited by 84 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Your real name Empty Re: Your real name

Post by Guest Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:03 pm

My real name is Kyle.  Neutral  Nothing too special, beyond having my name be mentioned in a George Carlin joke.
    Xernova
    Xernova
    Xerno Res Novae

Post by Xernova Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:41 am

Well, okay, I have already mentioned my real name once on Godsibb;

Xernova wrote:Round-robin? Why does it have my name in it?
    So yes, it's Robin.
    You can save the "Robin Hood/redbreast bird/Batman's boytoy" jokes, I've heard them all before.  Rolling Eyes

However, I don't like being called by my real name online; my real name is for use irl, if I wanted to be called the same online I would have put my real name in my username.
    So it's still Xerno for you folks. ;]
    chibi
    chibi
    Jr.xShion Pioneer!

Post by chibi Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:51 pm

Oh, what the hey.  I suppose I can let everyone know my real name here. Razz

It's Cheri, but like Xernova, I prefer being called chibi online.  I'm too used to it.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:12 am

My online names have always been references or truncations of my real name, which is Katrina. There was a short time in 4th and 5th grade where I got teased on the bus for having a weird name, so I tried to start going by Katie, but that length of time is kinda painful for me to remember, so even in spite of a certain natural disaster, I am proud to have this name.
    LadyTwi
    LadyTwi
    Inquisitor Extraordinaire

Post by LadyTwi Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:42 pm

My real name is Rebecca. :3 My friends and family tend to call me Becca, and online I really don't care what you call me, but I absolutely detest the nickname Becky. Please, just don't.
    salut hurricane
    salut hurricane

Post by salut hurricane Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:18 pm

I am Sam. Sam I am. Make me eat green eggs and I'll murder you.
    There was childhood trauma back in the day about that story but that's ok my dad calls me Samus. Anyway.
    I like being called Sal on the Internet Very Happy
    stitchedmoon
    stitchedmoon

Post by stitchedmoon Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:19 am

I'm Erin. I didn't like my name for a while either, but I don't mind it anymore.  I actually kinda like when people call me by my real name on the interwebs, provided we're friends and stuff.  (Now, random strangers who know my name because they read it off my nametag at my last job are a different story--a little creepy unless they were regular customers who came in every day, but still better than the ones who called me "hon" and "sweetie." I guess that's why frequenting a retail establishment is also known as "patronizing," ahahahahurhur. /tangent)  But yeah, y'all are welcome to call me by whatever name you want.  ... Well, except not "Er," which my ex-stepmom thought was a cute nickname but makes me feel like a mistake. :/  ANYTHING ELSE IS FINE THOUGH REALLY. :D

Last edited by stitchedmoon on Wed May 04, 2016 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:14 pm

My real name is Kyle. I used to hate it when I was younger cuz it's not a super common name for a girl but, now I really like. It was always fun when teachers would do roll call on the first day of school and get super confused when they got to my name.

Post by Guest Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:22 pm

c'mere wrote:My real name is Kyle. I used to hate it when I was younger cuz it's not a super common name for a girl but, now I really like. It was always fun when teachers would do roll call on the first day of school and get super confused when they got to my name.

Wow, I was going to say that my name was annoyingly androgynous, but that takes the prize.

My name is Jamie.  I hated it in high school, because people often mistook me for a boy since I was not very fashionable and didn't ever wear make-up.  As an adult who doesn't have to worry about schoolyard teasing anymore, I kinda appreciate it.  I like it that people online don't automatically assume I'm a girl.
    Tehrin
    Tehrin

Post by Tehrin Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:24 am

I'm Bobbi. My real, real name though is Roberta. I've always hated it because I was teased a lot when I was younger and used that name. When I moved to a different side of town, I started using Bobbi as a way to separate the old me from who I wanted to be. It just kinda stuck. I like it because I feel like it suits me. But I don't really mind Roberta much anymore, though I only use it for legal purposes.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:42 am

My name is Monte. Shorten from Monterrey. Most people who know me for a while know that already, though :] Some people call me Monty too in recent years, which is fine by me. I used to dislike my name when I was a little kid, but once I grew up, I like my name. It's just that a lot of people misspelled my full name so many times during my childhood/teenage years. In fact, during my school year, every single year the homeroom teacher always spelled my name wrong lol. And recently, just a couple weeks ago in fact, someone wrote my name as Arnterrey (lol what.. XD)

Post by Guest Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:03 am

I just decided to watch the George Carlin skit again, and I still find it hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxqCGTkV5wg
    (As to be expected from George Carlin, he uses very profane language, so watch at your own risk.)

Even though my name is Kyle I find it very funny.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:32 am

My real name is Roseanna and I was named after a song by Toto (except they spell it Rosanna). I've always liked my name. It's not as common as some names, but it's not very unusual that I was teased for it. Although, for some reason, people would always mispronounce it or just call me a completely different name (Like Roxanne or Roseanne). Like my 9th grade math teacher for example: she would always call me Rosemary! One day during class she was talking and addressed me as Rosemary per usual and my classmates in unison said "It's ROSEANNA". She seemed embarrassed after that, lol.
    oraf

Post by oraf Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:11 am

Adrak wrote:I just decided to watch the George Carlin skit again, and I still find it hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxqCGTkV5wg
    (As to be expected from George Carlin, he uses very profane language, so watch at your own risk.)

Even though my name is Kyle I find it very funny.

that was pretty funny^^

my name is Samy, given to me in Arabic. Almost always when translated or written in English, the name tends to go with Sami. but my parents went and dubbed me with one m and through in the y at the end. i don't care about the m's but i'm glad they through in the y, cause i like my y's.

my friends like to call me different. in my early years of school there was a teacher who'd shout "sammy davis jr." every time he saw me. till this day, friends, work, and even some strangers call me sammy davis jr. then in my later years, a name hendrix started to follow me. started when i grew out my hair wild and dressed in colours.

Post by Guest Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:47 am

I could swear I had posted here already...O.O
    Well,my first name is Pedro.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:56 pm

Well, my name is Fré️©️ric, and my father said it was after Friedrich Nietzsche, true story, he read nearly all his books!

Post by Guest Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:15 pm

Due to the fact that Kat is my future self, come with her partner (who also shares the same name as mine) to teach me not to make the same mistakes she did, my name is also Katrina in real life.

However, unlike Kat, I actually go by the nickname of Kat. Razz Whereas she's Katrina.

And both of us share the might of a hurricane. Laughing
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:47 pm

It is absolutely insane that we"re both named Katrina and both involved with Kevin and both into Xenosaga.  However, I assure you that you must be from an alternate universe because I didn't start dating boys until I was 22.  B:
    Jintoki
    Jintoki

Post by Jintoki Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:49 am

My name is Tyler.  Since I'm a twin, my brother and I's names both start with the letter "T."

However, when we were first born, our parents weren't ready for names yet, so I was A, he was B for awhile.  I really don't care for it too much because it was incredibly common for other people at my school to have the name Tyler.  That and being a twin really didn't help my sense of individuality.  XD  But I prefer being called by my first name rather than my last, since people always used to call me that in school (because no one could tell us apart, even though we hardly look alike because we aren't identical twins).

Post by Guest Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:44 am

Jintoki wrote:My name is Tyler.  Since I'm a twin, my brother and I's names both start with the letter "T."

However, when we were first born, our parents weren't ready for names yet, so I was A, he was B for awhile.  I really don't care for it too much because it was incredibly common for other people at my school to have the name Tyler.  That and being a twin really didn't help my sense of individuality.  XD  But I prefer being called by my first name rather than my last, since people always used to call me that in school (because no one could tell us apart, even though we hardly look alike because we aren't identical twins).

I'm a twin as well (although I'm a fraternal twin with a twin sister), and my parents went for a similar naming scheme, starting her name with a "K" as well.
    Monstrocker
    Monstrocker

Post by Monstrocker Wed May 01, 2013 1:44 am

.: My real name? Ohhh alright C: My full name is really long, since I have 2 middle names. My mom combined 2 hebrew names and 2 middle names [[I'll only mention 1]] + a location so its Rachel Leah Cave :.
    Neosmith

Post by Neosmith Tue May 14, 2013 6:50 pm

Message deleted by user.

Last edited by 69 on Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:36 am; edited 1 time in total
    JerriLeah7
    JerriLeah7
    Little Master

Post by JerriLeah7 Sun May 19, 2013 12:04 am

I'm Jerri. Yeah. I was named after my dad. It was my mom's choice--but they were tired of trying to have a boy after five kids, so they named me after him, instead of a son. Then....they accidentally had my little brother. Wewt.
    Yikari
    Yikari

Post by Yikari Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:43 pm

I happened to get Alexei as my name.

There is a number of ways it can get mangled depending on the situation, but the most common 'cutesy-little-boy-called-by-his-momma' variants are Lesh, Lesha and Alesha. 'Tough-and-totally-above-such-silly-things-real-men' variants include Leh, Leha and Aleha. I think I remember one of my former classmates using Lenya, but that's a different name entirely.

Yeah, russian names are a pain to romanize.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am