Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Xeno Metaseries Community

Hello, this forum is in read-only mode. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

Interesting Evangelion Article

Interesting Evangelion Article Empty Interesting Evangelion Article

Post by Guest Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:43 pm

Neon Genesis Evangelion is my favorite anime ever, and I recently found one of my favorite articles again. I read it a few years ago, but couldn't find it again until now. Titled "Self and (M)other: Apocalypse as Return to the Womb in Neon Genesis Evangelion", the article heavily discusses the rich religious and Freudian symbolism in the ending of the show + End of Evangelion. It's a fairly short article, only taking up to 10 minutes to read, but to anyone who is a fan of the show, I highly recommend it. Here's a link:

http://www.academia.edu/1686835/Self_and_M_other_Apocalypse_as_Return_to_the_Womb_in_Neon_Genesis_Evangelion

Interesting Evangelion Article Empty Re: Interesting Evangelion Article

Post by Guest Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:36 pm

was a good series. been so long since i watched it.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:46 pm

Saving this article for a lunch break! It looks interesting. :33
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:02 pm

Bumping! I got to read the article and it is really good! Makes me feel the need to watch the series again. It's interesting that so many giant robot anime tend to fold into themselves treatises on the self and personal responsibility. I guess that's why I like them so much, because I've always been big on taking personal responsibility for things.

Post by Guest Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:06 pm

Yeah, I love Evangelion. I just watched it again recently with my sister, who just watched it for the first time. Sadly, I had to watch the sub par dub because she refused to watch it subbed. For me at least, Evangelion gets better every time I watch it, since I always catch something that I never realized before.

Now I'm just waiting for Rebuild 3.0. Sadly, I had some of the biggest plot twists in it spoiled, but if anything it just got me more excited to see how those events will transpire.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:55 pm