Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Xeno Metaseries Community

Hello, this forum is in read-only mode. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

2 posters

Random Ziggy feels in Borderlands 3.

Yikari
    Yikari

Random Ziggy feels in Borderlands 3. Empty Random Ziggy feels in Borderlands 3.

Post by Yikari Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:21 pm

So here I was, idly poking at Borderlands 3. Suddenly, some hours in, courtesy of the updated weapon park, I get one of these beauties among the loot spawn:

Spoiler:

(It's a rocket launcher that looks and fires like a shoulder mounted light cannon, with a vertically set curved magazine that is inserted from above. The second handle doesn't operate a giant bolt action like in Xenosaga 3, though; here it fires the mini mortar launchers set along the outer casing.)

Since I'm the kind of person that puts entirely too much time into thinking what kind of heat Ziggy is packing, how does it work and interact with other tech in the setting, and other such trivial stuff, I couldn't help but draw some parallels here.

This kind of design also isn't seen much in videogames and other sci fi related media that I'm aware of.
    stitchedmoon
    stitchedmoon

Random Ziggy feels in Borderlands 3. Empty Re: Random Ziggy feels in Borderlands 3.

Post by stitchedmoon Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:45 pm

Oh wow, that's really cool!  I could kinda see him using that.  I haven't played Borderlands 3 yet but I loved BL2. Semi-tangentially, I think back in 2015 Kat and I made up some Borderlands/Mad Max/wasteland-style AU designs for Xenosaga after watching Fury Road, e.g.,
    Spoiler:

Also random: apparently Jason Douglas, the VA for Krieg the Psycho in Borderlands 2, also did Ziggy's voice in the dub version of the infamous Xenosaga anime (not Richard Epcar like in the games).  Which I thought was hilarious when I found out, because Krieg was one of my favorite characters in BL2, and, well, you know.

So then I did this because I am the worst.
    Spoiler:
    Yikari
    Yikari

Random Ziggy feels in Borderlands 3. Empty Re: Random Ziggy feels in Borderlands 3.

Post by Yikari Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:47 am

Ah, that was a good laugh. Thank you.

I don't know if it's the same VA this time around, but Borderlands 3 does have a few findable audiologs by Krieg. And it's just straight up excellent voice acting.

I need to finally watch the xenosaga anime in full. I keep noping out like two episodes in.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:43 am