Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Xeno Metaseries Community

Hello, this forum is in read-only mode. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

2 posters

"A New Awakening"

katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

"A New Awakening" Empty "A New Awakening"

Post by katimus_prime Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:47 pm

Thread started by Adrak on Temp Sibb.

Adrak wrote:I've been reading through the Xenosaga Episode III database again, and the last paragraph on KOS-MOS' page really interested me.

"The battle over, KOS-MOS falls into an eternal sleep and drifts, like the passage of time, through the emptiness of space. A blue light penetrates her battered and faded figure. Perhaps that light will be the cause of a new awakening."

I'm thinking this may have a connection to Xenogears. KOS-MOS being related to Miang by both being the incarnation of Animus, and Miang is pretty much the cause of a "new awakening" by birthing a new age of humanity.

I also find this to be interesting, since KOS-MOS and chaos are guiding the souls to a new age on Lost Jerusalem, and in Xenogears, they work to bring humans into Deus, who will in favor bring them to Lost Jerusalem.

What are your guys' thoughts on the subject?

PeterPrime wrote:When I read that in the game I was kind of furious lol.

I took that part as if namco was just teasing the fans of a possible Xenosaga IV.

I haven't played xenogears, so I don't know much about that unfortunately.

Leah7 wrote:I, too, considered this connection, but there really is no way to be sure.  The ending is so unsatisfactory and open and raw.  It left ME raw and it's not something that makes me happy.  It left me quite sad.  As much as I have enjoyed how much they have left open for interpretation, the fact that they have left TOO much out by ending it the way that they did really sucks.

Xernie8D wrote:Well, I've never considered this connection myself. I highly dislike the idea of Xenosaga being connected to Xenogears (besides, they've already said XS is a retelling). The fact that I'm not a fan of KOS-MOS, yet Miang is one of my favorite characters ever, doesn't really help.

So yeah, I prefer to just stick with what PeterPrime said;

PeterPrime wrote:I took that part as if namco was just teasing the fans of a possible Xenosaga IV.
    At the time XSIII was released Namco once commented that they'd see how well XSIII would sell before calling it the end of the series. Clearly it didn't do well enough for their liking. Suckage... ._.

Adrak wrote:I don't necessarily believe they're connected either, but it's a interesting theory. I always imagined Episode IV would have began with the new age of life on Lost Jerusalem.

Primantis wrote:
    Xernie8D wrote:

PeterPrime wrote:I took that part as if namco was just teasing the fans of a possible Xenosaga IV.
    At the time XSIII was released Namco once commented that they'd see how well XSIII would sell before calling it the end of the series. Clearly it didn't do well enough for their liking. Suckage... ._.

IIRC Xeno 4 was already in early development stages when they "pulled the plug" on the series.

So the possibility of it hinting/being a sequel tie does hold some merit.

After all, KOS-MOS and chaos were said to be the only characters from the main cast who would reappear through the entire series, so KOS-MOS would have to come back in some fashion. This time as a more spiritual/less mechanical being? Who knows.

From the very get go I thought they'd play the "Commander Data" card with KOS-MOS. Making her become more and more human like as the series progressed.. It never happened, but who knows, maybe that was an original plan.
    HikariKuragari
    Chaos & Jr Fangirl

"A New Awakening" Empty Re: " A New Awakening"

Post by HikariKuragari Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:03 pm

I too think KosMos is probably related to Miang and that this new awakening would be into xenogears.

Post by Guest Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:23 pm

I see where the comparisons to Miang come from, but for some reason I can't see them connected myself. Probably 'cause KOS-MOS is adorable and Miang is a bitch, lol
    But it does make sense...

"A New Awakening" Empty Re: "A New Awakening"

Post by Guest Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:31 pm

Zeal wrote:I see where the comparisons to Miang come from, but for some reason I can't see them connected myself. Probably 'cause KOS-MOS is adorable and Miang is a bitch, lol
    But it does make sense...

Totally.  Laughing

It would definitely make sense considering their characters though. KOS-MOS also has amazing character development, whereas Miang is pretty static. Takahashi did state that KOS-MOS appears in all three story arcs though, so I wonder what she'd be like in Episode VI.

Post by Guest Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:39 am

I would hope 'a new awakening' would be a short add-on by Takahashi to include the possibilities of futures or a continuation, but you just never know.

Post by Guest Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:19 am

Back in the heyday of XS1, people believed that KOS-MOS would eventually become Deus, and spawn a world parallel to Xenogears. This is kind of a fun thought. Imagine KOS-MOS being the mother/demiurge, all trying to reunite with her lost friends. And sad at the same time, knowing that all of them would be dead at this point. Even MOMO's realian body would not last that long (in addition to the fact the database says she discovers some ability for realians to age normally). But hey, reincarnation!

I don't even know what to think, or to think anything at all. The more I think about the ending, the less any of it makes sense.

In this particular case, I don't know why the light would be blue to begin with. The blue eyes/light always symbolized Mary and her power, as well as a harmonization of her powers within KOS-MOS. This essence left KOS-MOS's body in the end, leaving her with the red eyes, signifying her own personality.

But the database messes that up. If Mary's soul and KOS-MOS's are the same, and KOS-MOS is like an incarnation of Mary, then how could they have been separated and what would be the point of KOS-MOS being her own person at all? If Mary is able to awaken in KOS-MOS again, then... I just don't get it.

I just go around in circles thinking about this and decided it's probably better to just not.

Sponsored content

"A New Awakening" Empty Re: "A New Awakening"

Post by Sponsored content