Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Xeno Metaseries Community

Hello, this forum is in read-only mode. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

+3
RadicalDreamer
kare_reiko
Jintoki
7 posters

Xenoblade X Live Stream

Gottfried

Xenoblade X Live Stream - Page 2 Empty Re: Xenoblade X Live Stream

Post by Gottfried Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:29 am

katimus_prime wrote:People be crackin' jokes about Space Dunban, but I'm losing my shite over Not As Skeevy Robot Mumkhar up there.

Im kind of digging the new Citan/Jin/Dunban... Probably going to stick him in that leather jacket outfit as soon as I can get my hands on them.

Ive seen several people reference the similarities between Douglas and Mumkhar now... But I just dont see it.
    RadicalDreamer
    RadicalDreamer

Post by RadicalDreamer Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:36 am

Gottfried wrote:
    Ive seen several people reference the similarities between Douglas and Mumkhar now... But I just dont see it.

Past comrade. His face... a bit. But I don't think he will play the same role. Or I will be disappointed.
    Please, XBX, let them be real bros, even if something tragic happens. I don't want one of them to betray the other. It's been done to death at this point.
    Anyway, I'm in love with Lao (some guys will complain *already did on some places I went* but I fucking love Lao's pants... the pose is girly ? Eh... he looks amazing...).
    EDIT : Lao is voiced by Keiji Fujihara. He did Maes Hughes from Full Metal Alchemist. Loving him even more... They might as well make him a father and strike me right in the feels (after all, Dunban and Jin themselves had to take care of their sisters like fathers and Citan was one).
    BTW, it's kinda true that each new "Citan" wannabe gets more and more badass/passionate and less geeky (I don't mind).
    Yikari
    Yikari

Post by Yikari Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:43 pm

...I am just digging those red-orange shades on that art above, don't mind me. XP
    Jintoki
    Jintoki

Post by Jintoki Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:27 pm

New gameplay stream! It's pretty long, about 29 minutes, but it's pretty nice. And I'm digging some of the armor designs. Or at least better the the original Xenoblade's choice in armor.
    Kire-Kitsune
    Kire-Kitsune

Location : Somewhere in Ohio. I don't recommend it, 1 1/2 out of 5 stars. Boo.

Post by Kire-Kitsune Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:01 pm

I am really digging the way the combat looks. It seems a lot more fluid than the original, less rigid. I was afraid that they wouldn't tune the game to the likely drastically different party makeup. (between fully customizable player characters and multiplayer) But it looks like it's a lot more open in combat so I won't have to rely on certain Art Palette combinations or use the same few party combos over and over. I'm hoping to primary an Assault Rifle and be long range support the majority of the game, so if it isn't well balanced for a setup like that I'm SoL. lol

Also, can't wait for next time-it's Doll time. I've been sooooooo ready to hear more about them since I saw the teaser back when it was just called X. XP Oh, and just to throw my two cents in, I think the character models are just fine. Just High-resolution Xenosaga models, basically. I like them. I hope they're more expressive during more heavily choreographed scenes, though.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:20 pm

I loved seeing the other combatants near the end of the vid!  It also looks like we've got a charismatic crazy alien antagonist mech pilot to contend with at the very end, too.  *w*  (I really like Irina more and more every time I see of her!)

@gottfried, I tend to want to see my favs in things, but it looks like Douglas' resemblance to Mumkhar seems to reside the most in the concept art and not his in-game model.  He's still got a similar silhouette and build as Mumkhar, but his posture and weapon set are his own.  In this concept image, Doug's face reminds me very much of the way Mumkhar appears in the storyboard scenes provided in the Monado artbook - 1 - 2 so I'm excited at the resemblance.  I think these storyboards may have been done by the same artist doing the concept art for X. I also see quite a bit of Reyn in Doug, but I don't see a resemblance in either one from what we've seen in personality.

@radicaldreamer - Yeah, a re-hash of the Mumkhar/Dunban rivalry would seem very out of place in X here.  They seem to be real friends in this, and Doug and Lao  remind me of Jadis and Einsatz from Soma Bringer just as much as they remind me of Mumkhar and Dunban.  Most of my eye for this is in the character design.  I do hope they do something original with the story, which I think they're set to do.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:42 am