Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Xeno Metaseries Community

Hello, this forum is in read-only mode. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

3 posters

helsionium's HD youtube videos

answerawake

helsionium's HD youtube videos Empty helsionium's HD youtube videos

Post by answerawake Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:31 pm

While investigating the inner workings of the Xenosaga games, I stumbled across this youtuber's channel

https://www.youtube.com/user/Helsionium

He has all these Xenosaga game clips in 1080p HD. Seems like he took just the ones from the game DVD.

Is he a user here in the forums? Does anyone know who he\she is?

I wanna ask how he\she converted these videos to 1080p. What method was used?

The reason for this question is that a side project I am doing is a sort of Xenosaga world encyclopedia powered by a Raspberry pi\CubieBoard2 that will contain everything from the Xenosaga universe in a small credit card sized device. One part of this device will contain all the scenes tied together into a film that are accessible from a interactive picture element.

This youtuber (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvbXiOvWFp0) made a good 720p video of the whole game but I am thinking that maybe Helsionium might be better?
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

helsionium's HD youtube videos Empty Re: helsionium's HD youtube videos

Post by katimus_prime Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:19 pm

I'm not sure if I brought it up on another thread, but XSI-III can be handled with the proper emulation software to render at 1080p. There used to be a user on Godsibb that knew how to do this, but he only hangs out on Deviantart right now. It was Primantis.

As far as I know, Helsionium hasn't signed up here, or if he or she has, they've just been lurking. Have you gone to the website located in their youtube profile? I've noticed that a lot of the youtubers tend to keep to themselves.

This project of yours sounds exciting, tho!
    kare_reiko
    kare_reiko
    Donator

Post by kare_reiko Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:39 am

As Kat said it was recorded in this quality because of emulator. It's easy to do, only annoying thing is if you computer is powerful enough to do it. Anyway you need alt last have 4 cores to do so, two for emulator ( ps2 emulator can't work on more then 2 cores anyway) and rest for recording soft.
    Anyway each computer is different and there are bugs in graphic, you can see it in Cherenkov beach scenes on this vids if I remember it right, I had problems with scenes with Nephilim in ep1, once it turned white, it don't come back until end of cutscene.
    answerawake

Post by answerawake Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:20 am

I am aware of using an emulator to run the game at 1080p and while that works great for in game cutscenes, the pre recorded videos would still look poor I would assume? Unless PCSX2 upconverts the videos as well?

The thing is I saw that he said the videos were ripped from the disc, therefore he might be manually upconverting them. I am just trying to find the highest quality videos for the project.
    kare_reiko
    kare_reiko
    Donator

Post by kare_reiko Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:17 am

He must have record it with emulator, not only rip from disc. Why, because you have cutsenes rendered by ps2 machine there too. Scenes, for example from ep2 in Uzukis home, don't exist like movie file on game disc, it's impossible to extract them, when scenes like opening movie is pre-rendered one, you can extract it.

But when it come to recording from emulator, it's better if cutscene wasn't pre-rendered. You can't make it look better. It's about pixel and vector type of graphic. Vector type of graphic never lost quality, no mater how much you size it (bigger/smaller). Thanks to that you can get a lot better quality gameplay in games like Xenosaga, Xenoblade on emulator then it was on console because console wasn't strong enough to show better quality of 3d models.

You can't get better quality then this that was recorded on those accounts. To bad, I always wished for HQ picture from ep3 pre-rendered scene with whole party on it but it's impossible...
    answerawake

Post by answerawake Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:40 am

kare_reiko I agree completely. I guess I will get in touch with him. I wonder if we can run emulator at 4K resolution?  Razz

Probably need strong machine. I dont have too much time these days so I cannot play through the game to get high quality recording so that is why I am looking for existing recordings...
    kare_reiko
    kare_reiko
    Donator

Post by kare_reiko Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:25 am

It's impossible with current emulators, problem isn't computer but as I said emulator. It don't work on more then two cores, I who have 6 core computer can't use use rest of cores for emulator. Maybe if someone made emulator that use every cores it can (like soft to make 3D graphic) you could power up graphic more.

I know that psp emulator use more them 2 cores, or it was only that it runs in x64, I didn't have time to check, I only install it on second computer, I need to see how it will works on FF Type-0 because I check it and it's really slow on 2 core computer even with native graphic.

Dephin for Wii use 2 cores, I always used to play it at x2 Native graphic and it worked good, I didn't yet check how it would run on 6 cores for longer then little run in last dungeon. More then 2x native would be useless since Xenoblade don't have strong quality textures, you can fix geometry but you can't get better textures on them.

I read about fan patch when they upgrade textures but I didn't try it...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 8:02 am