Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Xeno Metaseries Community

Hello, this forum is in read-only mode. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

3 posters

Who is/are your favorite Xenoblade character/s?

katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Who is/are your favorite Xenoblade character/s? Empty Who is/are your favorite Xenoblade character/s?

Post by katimus_prime Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:47 am

My favorite NPC is Metal Face. My favorite PC is Dunban, but I'm also pretty sweet on Shulk and Reyn and Sharla. (And everyone, really. This is the first time in a long time I've felt heavily attached to the protagonists of a game.)
    kare_reiko
    kare_reiko
    Donator

Who is/are your favorite Xenoblade character/s? Empty Re: Who is/are your favorite Xenoblade character/s?

Post by kare_reiko Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:41 am

Melia and Fiora, I like both of them very much, first I liked more Fiora as "standard" Xeno heroine but Melia stole my heart too and her fighting tyle and power is very nice too. Shulk, Riki and Dumban are great too, from all party I less liked Rain and Sharla but not to hate level.
    Dickson is just Dick-son.
    I liked Alvis, but sometimes he goes too much on dark side of power Wink  
    Poor Kallian, best brother of year.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Who is/are your favorite Xenoblade character/s? Empty Re: Who is/are your favorite Xenoblade character/s?

Post by katimus_prime Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:26 pm

Man, Dickson.  Neutral  Dickson still stings.
    I didn't go into XB thinking I would like Melia, but I really really love her now.  <3  Fiora is totally the bomb.

Post by Guest Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:35 pm

They are all my babies.  *__*  

Dunban is probably my favorite, like, on a ridiculous fangirl level.  And then I guess Melia is my "most like me" favorite character.  

Strangely enough, I'm usually allergic to ewok-style characters, but I loved all the noppons.  The quests in Frontier Village were always fun.  I love the noppon who becomes a giant noppon for true love.  *omg dying*   He looks so funny.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:33 pm

After having walked away from XB for a few months, it makes me smile to see

Spoiler:
    RadicalDreamer
    RadicalDreamer

Post by RadicalDreamer Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:41 pm

katimus_prime wrote:After having walked away from XB for a few months, it makes me smile to see

Spoiler:

Well, his
    Spoiler:
    design is cool. Fanartists dig characters who are attractive and fun to draw.

My main favorites are :

- Fiora : daring main lady and pretty sweet to use in battle on top of this.
    - Melia : I like how she wasn't so nice at first. Kinda reminded me of Ashe from FF12 with a cute design. In the end, she's just a private and honorable person. This character just had the worst luck ever. And well, now I can pretend she became Clara in Doctor Who (because Jenna Louise Coleman) and the Doctor took her with him... only to break her heart again  :frown3: . I liked using her in battle as a lead (when I understood how to use her) but her AI was terrible.
    - Dunban : a brasher version of Jin. What's not to like ? I wish he didn't try to marry off his sister so often however lol (seriously, Dunban, shut up about your sister and Shulk's love life, it's awkward).
    - Riki : he's awesome and cute. Mascot character done right. Hurray for Nopons !

They're not really deep but their personality/design were appealing to me. I don't care that much for the 2 others and I don't like Reyn however.

The villains didn't do much for me. Egil seemed to be less 2D, however. That was nice. I also liked how ambiguous Alvis was (and he gave off chaos vibes too). And
    Spoiler:
    reminded me of a Matsuno character (but he's not exactly a villain).
    kare_reiko
    kare_reiko
    Donator

Post by kare_reiko Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:06 am

RadicalDreamer wrote:

- Dunban : a brasher version of Jin. What's not to like ? I wish he didn't try to marry off his sister so often however lol (seriously, Dunban, shut up about your sister and Shulk's love life, it's awkward).

I think it was nice, often in anime/games we got big brothers like "You can't marry my cute sister", "Move away from her or I will kill you" etc.
    It was kinda nice.
    RadicalDreamer
    RadicalDreamer

Post by RadicalDreamer Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:46 am

kare_reiko wrote:
    RadicalDreamer wrote:

I think it was nice, often in anime/games we got big brothers like "You can't marry my cute sister", "Move away from her or I will kill you" etc.
    It was kinda nice.

I guess my issue with this is that it made Shulk/Fiora felt forced on me... when the relationship itself is actually nice (not mature *yet* but sweet). Melia suddenly getting a crush on Shulk also annoyed me a little bit. It was doomed from the start and didn't do anything for her character (except making her feel more miserable). I liked Melia and I felt like her character was wasted on this one.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:07 pm

Yeah, I thought Dunban's over-willingness to shove his sister and Shulk together was a little on the creepy side.  Like, I like all the characters by themselves, but they're just sort of flopped together and flung at each other in badly timed ways.  

If the story had taken place over a much longer period of time, I would have been behind all the relationship pushing a little more, but the pacing just kinda put an arrow in the knee of what was going on with Melia, Shulk and Fiora.  Even I don't know which way I ship for that, but the story very much forces people onto Shulk/Fiora, especially with
    all the stuff with
    Spoiler:

Sometimes I'm glad to be preoccupied with non-main characters in things.
    RadicalDreamer
    RadicalDreamer

Post by RadicalDreamer Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:11 pm

katimus_prime wrote:If the story had taken place over a much longer period of time, I would have been behind all the relationship pushing a little more, but the pacing just kinda put an arrow in the knee of what was going on with Melia, Shulk and Fiora.
    I felt the same thing for every single romance in the game actually. Reyn/Sharla made me cringe too (especially since Sharla was searching for her fiance... you get a similar scenario with Allen/Shion in Xenosaga but the difference is... Kevin was dead for a few years already... you can try to move on then *or not, it depends*... when a character has romantic moments with a stranger while already being in a serious relationship with another character *or even just grieving for a lover they recently lost*, I can't help but judge them as shallow... or desperate).

katimus_prime wrote:It's kind of like having another female party member being totally in love with Fei Fong Wong in Gears and then doing all the stuff with Elly.  Extremely heartbreaky.  D: (Though I also just realized that there was a female party member in love with Fei at the same time all the stuff with Elly was going down, and it was ChuChu, but I like Melia too much to box her in as just an epic ChuChu.)
    Chu-Chu was played as a bad joke most of the time. Melia was not. In Perfect Work, they also say that Alice wasn't meant to die at first but they didn't want her to come between Fei and Elly and that's why they killed her. It's lazy thinking imo. You can make a female character evolve out of the "romance box" or just give her someone else to love at some point. Alice was in love with Fei but so much horrible things happened to her family/people because of him. That would have created conflict (and I would have prefered her conflicted anger over Dan's bitching... Dan was annoying). Also, I always felt Alice was stuck in a life she didn't really want. Why not give her life meaning as the story progressed. Emancipate her ? Oh well... just another "what could have been". Also, I kinda realize that Alice WAS a female character who was in love with a stranger while in a serious relationship with someone else. It's just that... Alice wasn't free to do what she wanted (and maybe didn't love Timothy in a romantic way after all, the game never told us *or I don't remember*). Sharla was (and she did love her fiance, as shown in the game).
    kare_reiko
    kare_reiko
    Donator

Post by kare_reiko Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:36 am

Well, when I think about it now we had in every Xeno triple-love with main characters.

First is in XG what RadicalDreamer said. Alice were suppose to be alive and follow Fei. We can see that she and Fei felt something for each other, but in game it goes to the end very quickly. I wonder how it would be if she was left alive.

Second is XS, Shion is still loving Kevin even he's officially dead at beginning of game. Still all cutscenes show him pretty often, showing strong bond between those two. Then was Allen, always follow Shion (Alice maybe similar to him if they let her alive). He loved her but we see in each episode how important was Kevin even if he didn't yet walk back on stage.

I wonder if the same wasn't planed for first stage of Xenoblade history. Fiora is away for most part of story, like Kevin was, but still strongly affect story and characters. It's Melia who get's main female character lead in most of story, even when Fiora is back, Melia gets many emotional and important for story scenes. That's made me wonder if Fiora was really suppose to stay in story. Her first model in game was strange, ponytailed little girl...
    Even so, in this Xeno we got most view able love triple
    RadicalDreamer
    RadicalDreamer

Post by RadicalDreamer Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:23 pm

kare_reiko wrote:
    First is in XG what RadicalDreamer said. Alice were suppose to be alive and follow Fei. We can see that she and Fei felt something for each other, but in game it goes to the end very quickly. I wonder how it would be if she was left alive.
    Also, there is the Krelian/Sophia/Lacan thing. Granted, Sophia completely fell in love with Lacan soon after he came back in her life and it's not clear whatever she felt for Krelian before (stockolm syndrome ? confused olderbigbro/savior crush ? Just friendship ? Perfect works says that Lacan mistook them as a couple at first but it says nothing about what were Sophia's feelings for Krelian exactly *i wouldn't exactly refer myself to Fei and Elly's speach about only loving each other everytime because Fei seemed to have some feelings for Alice, the Contact and Antitype loved each other the most in every incarnation but it doesn't mean they weren't able to feel stuff for other people I think*, but what is certain is that they were close) but it counts as a love triangle (which I find honestly one of the most touching and interesting than the "nuked" Alice/Fei/Elly triangle or any triangle really... usually, triangles annoy me or I find them pointless).

kare_reiko wrote:I wonder if the same wasn't planed for first stage of Xenoblade history. Fiora is away for most part of story, like Kevin was, but still strongly affect story and characters. It's Melia who get's main female character lead in most of story, even when Fiora is back, Melia gets many emotional and important for story scenes. That's made me wonder if Fiora was really suppose to stay in story. Her first model in game was strange, ponytailed little girl...
    I never really 'felt" Melia as the main female character while playing the game. Plus, she was kinda shoved aside after Fiora came back (until the battle against
    Spoiler:
    ), which was part of my disappointment. I don't know if Fiora was supposed to stay dead because of the role she was given in the end. Alice was killed but she was obviously never meant to be that significant in the storyline. It's true that her design changed but it was only early development. Stuff like that happens all the time and is not proof of the original importance of the character (see Elizabeth in Bioshock Infinite for example). Feel free to disagree of course. It's just my feeling about this.

BTW, are we ditching the spoiler thing for Fiora  confused ?
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:51 pm

Dammit, I don't have all that much time before my lunch ends, but I think it's safe to lift the Fiora spoiler thing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:07 am