Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Xeno Metaseries Community

Hello, this forum is in read-only mode. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

+5
salut hurricane
LadyTwi
TheMagician
JerriLeah7
Xernova
9 posters

Languages

stitchedmoon
    stitchedmoon

Languages - Page 2 Empty Re: Languages

Post by stitchedmoon Wed May 04, 2016 9:12 am

I used to know German and some Japanese, but I haven't studied either since college or before.  I got all the way up to AP-level German in high school (it was actually one of the only AP classes I was in, and one year I got some kind of award for it or something) but when I got to college someone goofed and placed me in the wrong class, which I already had the AP credits for and should have tested out of.  I didn't find out about the error until I'd wasted two semesters sitting in the back of the room reading the newspaper and getting As anyway because I already knew all the material.  If I hadn't wasted those credits I might've gone farther in it, but by that point I was so bitter and burned out I just gave up. ._.

I had a great Japanese tutor, though.  I was home schooled for a few years in high school and had one-on-one lessons with someone who'd come to my house once a week.  Eventually she moved to Brazil or somewhere, but I still think about her a lot, even though I can't really speak/read Japanese anymore, either.

I kind of want to learn more languages, or at least brush up on the ones I used to know, but my attention span is crap and it's much harder to learn a new language when you're older.  (I am kind of attempting to Duolingo French because my husband's family is from Quebec, but I can't pronounce anything and the words have too many letters and sometimes my brain just gives up and code-switches over to German or something. orz )

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 3:31 pm