Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xeno Fannage!

Hello, we will be closing December 31st, 2021. Please back up your messages and exchange contact information. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net. Hello, we will be entering read-only mode on December 31st, 2021. Please back up your messages and exchange contact information. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

2 posters

Cross-Xeno Website

Lugalbanda
    Lugalbanda

Cross-Xeno Website Empty Cross-Xeno Website

Post by Lugalbanda Sun May 20, 2018 10:48 pm

Hey all. I'm a newbie Smile Hopefully, I'm actually posting this thread in the right place.

So before I get to the point of this thread, I want to lay out some things:

I don't need to give everyone a history lesson, as people who come here probably know way more about how things used to be than I do. So I'll just leave it at this: There used to be a lot more places exclusively for Xeno, but around Blade, things started to die out. But I think we've seen a revival of the Xeno series in recent years, especially with XB2 hitting one of the best sales a Xeno game has ever gotten for a worldwide release. There's also been some talk that there might be an XS remaster coming soon, and SE has been pumpin' out XG-related merch, and we had that concert recently too. I won't get into too much of story spoilers for XBX and XB2, but I think it's safe to say that Takahashi's recent games are slowly but surely looking more and more the way they used to be (in a good way). So I think it's a good time to (re)build a community.

I don't think there's really a place that discusses the series as a whole. A lot of the active places like Reddit work under the name of Xenoblade, and while XG/XS talk is permitted... it's not really the same. Similarly, you can talk about the XB games here, but personally, I feel like the forums and the site are more dedicated to XG/XS, and not blade (nothing against this site!). That or the discussion is sporadic and not long-lasting. But I have a burning desire to talk about the series, not just in terms of Xenoblade, and I think a lot of others want to do that too! and even if you haven't played them all or don't know much about the other games, I think a lot of people would be interested. It would also be convenient if there was a sort of one-stop place to get all your Xeno-goodness about general story analysis, upcoming games, neat combat tips, fanart, discussion, etc.

So I kind of want to do that, or more correctly, I want there to be such a place. If I could wish upon a Zohar it would be much easier, but I can't, so I'm doing the next best thing. I am just curious about any feedback, ideas, or general comments anyone might have about this idea. It's a huge undertaking, and I definitely can't do it by myself, and if I'm going to do this I want some confidence that I can pull something off and have clear goals in mind, as to not abandon it entirely(as internet projects do most of the time) before I start anything.  So who knows, this might end up turning into absolutely nothing. I was going to plan on having a discord ( I already have that, that's the easy part), and was thinking about a forum and/or some kind of blog or website... but again, I don't know. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you!
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Cross-Xeno Website Empty Re: Cross-Xeno Website

Post by katimus_prime Fri May 25, 2018 12:50 pm

Personally I am hyped about the prospect of another All-Xeno forum moderated by fresher faces, especially now given Xenoblade 2's massive success!

Forumotion has been pretty on-point as far as uptime for forums goes, and their support community is pretty active. I have to pay to keep the ads off, though.

Current date/time is Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:05 am