Xeno Fannage!

Spoiler Talk!

katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Spoiler Talk! Empty Spoiler Talk!

Post by katimus_prime on Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:27 pm

I beat it and I have access to spoiler markup here!

Postgame/Chapter 10
    Spoiler:
    I was not expecting the amount of Xenoblade feelings, and moreover, Zanza feelings, I have to double and triple.  I love how it connects just about the entire series together by breaking it entirely.  I'm still shaking from how amazing the reveal of the Architect is.

Jintoki

Spoiler Talk! Empty Re: Spoiler Talk!

Post by Jintoki on Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:52 pm

Oh my gosh, yes!

spoilers:
    I was not expecting that reveal at all! I didn't expect the game to even try to relate to the other games beyond a wink and a nod, but this was fantastic! And did anyone watch the ending and think, "Hey...this the ending to Xenosaga Episode I"?

Administrator

Post by katimus_prime on Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:29 pm

Spoiler:

@Jintoki wrote:And did anyone watch the ending and think, "Hey...this the ending to Xenosaga Episode I"?
    I am a bad fan and need to re-watch both of those endings side by side to get a better feel for it, but I did get a little bit of a deja vu.

Trombone-San

Post by Trombone-San on Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:38 pm

Spoiler:
    Honestly, I didn't know what to think at first about the conduit. Obviously I'm really happy that they decided to bring back some sort of Zohar-like object into the series, but at the same time looking back at the scene in XBC1 the placement of this in the story feels like a huge retcon to me. After I thought about it for a while, I realized that what the Zohar means or has meant as a symbol in the series it makes total sense. To me the Zohar has always symbolized great, but unobtainable power, evolution, and rebirth/renewal. I feel like the rebirth/renewal theme is what they were going for in XBCX with the lifepods being shaped exactly like the Zohar, so keeping that in mind it makes sense for the conduit to be the beginning of a brand new universe. I guess what I don't like is that in XBC1 Klaus is obviously looking out an empty window in the space station and now it is a whole other room. I've heard fan chatter of Alvis being the third Aegis/CPU of the system and I think that is an awesome idea since he is supposed to be part of a trinity system. I did nearly fangasm at the end of the game when the space elevator began tearing apart. Got the most ridiculous Xenosaga episode 1 vibes ever. I didn't like the post credits scene since I felt like it invalidated Pyra/Mythra's whole sacrifice scene, but yeah I'm done rambling now.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime on Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:14 pm

Woo, gigantic spoiler blocks!!

@Trombone-San wrote:
    Spoiler:
    Honestly, I didn't know what to think at first about the conduit. Obviously I'm really happy that they decided to bring back some sort of Zohar-like object into the series, but at the same time looking back at the scene in XBC1 the placement of this in the story feels like a huge retcon to me. After I thought about it for a while, I realized that what the Zohar means or has meant as a symbol in the series it makes total sense. To me the Zohar has always symbolized great, but unobtainable power, evolution, and rebirth/renewal. I feel like the rebirth/renewal theme is what they were going for in XBCX with the lifepods being shaped exactly like the Zohar, so keeping that in mind it makes sense for the conduit to be the beginning of a brand new universe. I guess what I don't like is that in XBC1 Klaus is obviously looking out an empty window in the space station and now it is a whole other room. I've heard fan chatter of Alvis being the third Aegis/CPU of the system and I think that is an awesome idea since he is supposed to be part of a trinity system. I did nearly fangasm at the end of the game when the space elevator began tearing apart. Got the most ridiculous Xenosaga episode 1 vibes ever. I didn't like the post credits scene since I felt like it invalidated Pyra/Mythra's whole sacrifice scene, but yeah I'm done rambling now.

Spoiler:

They really are sticking that shape on everything these days. I didn't think about the end of XB1 where Klaus was just looking out on empty space - it does seem like a bit of a retcon now that I think of it, but I'm not all that bothered by it because I'm in such awe of how they've broken all of Xeno canon in order to make everything in the series fit together, even if it is in a very broken way.

And yeah, having Pneuma's sacrifice be NBD was a bit of a Disney ending. I feel like Takahashi may have originally planned for her to die, but I also read in an interview that XB2 was going to have a lighter tone to it. I get the same feeling they were going to do that with Gramps when he "died," too, but that decision was probably changed way early in the process.

While I do like them pulling back the punches on characters dying, I feel like they didn't go into Amalthus' backstory enough. I'm particularly bad at reading between the lines of body language and silent scenes, so I'd like there to be more explanation of why he became The Actual Big Bad without being the Big Bad. I feel the same way about Jin, but I'm oddly more interested in Amalthus. ^^;

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:41 pm