Xeno Fannage!

Worth Playing?

chaos

Worth Playing?

Post by chaos on Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:48 pm

As a fan of the other Xeno games, how does this compare?

I got the impression it was very exploration and battle orientated as opposed to story and character based?
    Bigtakilla

Re: Worth Playing?

Post by Bigtakilla on Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:33 am

Is it worth playing? Hell yeah! Is it like the other Xeno series? No.

It plays out very much like a first part of a series. I would definitely say you should go into this expecting the focus of this game to be exploring, building up your city, and a deep love of an insane amount of customization on every level (seriously, there's TONS of ways to customize every aspect of your character).

On the plus side, the world is very interesting, and you shouldn't be bored. There are also TONS of references to Xenosaga.
    chaos

Post by chaos on Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:17 pm

Hmm may give it a miss, Doesn't sound worth buying a wiiu for in any case.

All those points you mention sound like exactly what I don't want in a Game lol.
    RadicalDreamer

Post by RadicalDreamer on Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:28 pm

@chaos wrote:Hmm may give it a miss, Doesn't sound worth buying a wiiu for in any case.

I didn't buy XBX either because I don't have a WiiU and am not interested in most of its library (and I'm ambivalent about modern Xeno games... so I wouldn't buy a pricey console just for a new Xeno). But I heard XBX will maybe get a Switch port so really... don't buy a WiiU. It's not worth it. Wait for the Switch to come out if you ever get curious about XBX. I think I'll play XBX eventually... whenever the Switch gets released with a good library (assuming I have the money for it... I already need to buy a new PC).
    Bigtakilla

Post by Bigtakilla on Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:10 am

Well, while I don't blame either of you necessarily, but you guys are missing an amazing game. I dumped over 200 hours in it and am still playing. Though, Blade is my favorite in the entire Xeno franchise.
    RadicalDreamer

Post by RadicalDreamer on Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:32 am

@Bigtakilla wrote:Well, while I don't blame either of you necessarily, but you guys are missing an amazing game. I dumped over 200 hours in it and am still playing.

Well, waiting for the Switch port isn't a bad idea. Nintendo seems to be adding content to the wiiU games ported to Switch. And I heard Xenoblade X could do with some fixing here and there (like, the fact that you always need to run around newLA to recruit your party members for each new mission, something that can get old real quick after many hours... or the sound editing that is a bit awkward).
    Besides, the next Xenoblade (some think it will be a direct sequel to X) will come out on Switch so getting one over a WiiU seems to be the best option for someone who skipped the WiiU the last few years.
    Bigtakilla

Post by Bigtakilla on Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:15 pm

@RadicalDreamer wrote:
    @Bigtakilla wrote:Well, while I don't blame either of you necessarily, but you guys are missing an amazing game. I dumped over 200 hours in it and am still playing.

Well, waiting for the Switch port isn't a bad idea. Nintendo seems to be adding content to the wiiU games ported to Switch. And I heard Xenoblade X could do with some fixing here and there (like, the fact that you always need to run around newLA to recruit your party members for each new mission, something that can get old real quick after many hours... or the sound editing that is a bit awkward).
    Besides, the next Xenoblade (some think it will be a direct sequel to X) will come out on Switch so getting one over a WiiU seems to be the best option for someone who skipped the WiiU the last few years.

Monolith Soft is also not going to be making the port though, so don't expect too much as far as new, and if performance takes a hit in any way it'd probably be a better play on Wii U. Especially with how the game is fairly integrated with the gamepad. If the switch can be played like a gamepad, then problem averted, if not though, it's gonna be a hell of a chore getting post game content (which was already a hell of a chore anyways) and completing some quest prerequisites. I don't blame you for waiting and seeing, but there should still be concerns.
    Bigtakilla

Post by Bigtakilla on Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:48 pm

I think we got a little off topic, your point was is it worth playing, and the answer's yes.

Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:22 pm