Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Xeno Metaseries Community

Hello, this forum is in read-only mode. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

+5
Lunaris
Valkyrie
kare_reiko
Neosmith
katimus_prime
9 posters

Xenocomi

Jintoki
    Jintoki

XenoComi - Xenocomi - Page 2 Empty Re: Xenocomi

Post by Jintoki Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:51 am

*dusts off topic*

*fit of coughs ensue*

Ahem.  Anyway, we're going to try to aim for an August 29th release for XenoComi 5 in order to align with the 8 year anniversary of Xenosaga Episode III (English release, since we totally missed the Japanese anniversary >_>;).
    kare_reiko
    kare_reiko
    Donator

Post by kare_reiko Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:44 pm

Yes, translation and other preparing parts are done, now what's left is programming and beta testing Smile. It take time but well, I'm happy that at last we faster then Xenosaga DS translation project XD.
    Jintoki
    Jintoki

Post by Jintoki Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:49 pm

^lol, at least we have that going for us.  We'll see which translation is fully completed first!  (Though, either one is more Xenosaga, so it's a win-win situation.)

Also, I noticed this the other day, but it looks like Kat added a section for XenoComi (unless it's been there awhile and I'm just really bad at observation):  http://xeno-underground.net/jintoki/index.html

Thanks, Kat!  Smile
    Neosmith

Post by Neosmith Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:33 am

Jintoki wrote:*dusts off topic*

*fit of coughs ensue*

Ahem.  Anyway, we're going to try to aim for an August 29th release for XenoComi 5 in order to align with the 8 year anniversary of Xenosaga Episode III (English release, since we totally missed the Japanese anniversary >_>;).

Sounds cool. Thanks for taking the time to do this!
    Lunaris
    Lunaris

Post by Lunaris Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:14 pm

Been playing through these silly games with my fiance, and they are ridiculously hilarious! It's funny how Monolith Soft always matches our sense of humor perfectly. Thanks to you guys for doing this! It is amazingly awesome how you are making this thing for others to enjoy the Xenocomi. Keep up the awesome work!

I do have one question about the project, though. Are there any plans to do an English fandub of Xenocomi? That's something I'd be glad to help out with if you have the plans for it. I've got a good microphone and a decent impersonation of at least 3 of the characters that appear.
    Yikari
    Yikari

Post by Yikari Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:28 am

These has certainly made me smile. Thank you for making this little bit of fun available for us!
    Jintoki
    Jintoki

Post by Jintoki Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:27 am

Thanks for the sentiments!   Very Happy  I'm sorry the release date has kind of swooped by with no information.  I've had to delay the release date.  I want to say I'll be getting a beta version done for Kare soon, but I can't make any guarantees.  I shouldn't have made any promises to begin with.  Sorry again.

Lunaris wrote:I do have one question about the project, though. Are there any plans to do an English fandub of Xenocomi? That's something I'd be glad to help out with if you have the plans for it. I've got a good microphone and a decent impersonation of at least 3 of the characters that appear.
    You know, just the other day, I was thinking that, if I was rich, I'd totally pay the original English voice actors to dub the game.  But that's a cool idea you have, but we haven't really thought about fan dubbing it.  That'll be something to discuss or think over once all 7 chapters are finished.
    Lunaris
    Lunaris

Post by Lunaris Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:28 pm

Jintoki wrote:You know, just the other day, I was thinking that, if I was rich, I'd totally pay the original English voice actors to dub the game.  But that's a cool idea you have, but we haven't really thought about fan dubbing it.  That'll be something to discuss or think over once all 7 chapters are finished.

Wish I could help you release them sooner, but I won't rush you. I would help you if I could, but there are absolutely no skills that I have that would be beneficial to the development of the game.

Oh well, at least the wait gives me more time to perfect my Ziggy voice. :3
    Jintoki
    Jintoki

Post by Jintoki Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:11 pm

XenoComi: Fifth Edition is now available for download: http://xeno-underground.net/jintoki/

Jr.'s chapter features:
    -Over 400 lines of voiced dialogue (a little bit beefier than the previous chapters)
    -Multiple hidden paths with extra story
    -A quiz game that unlocks the final CG in the game
    -Includes CGs from the four previous XenoComi chapters

Now, if you notice any glitches, spelling/grammar errors, etc., please let me know! I can always send out an update.

Only two chapters left, so we're going to try something a bit different. We're going to try to work more simultaneously on Shion and Allen's chapters, which we hope will allow us to release them a month apart from each other. However, in doing so, it may take us awhile to get the chapters out. But look forward to Shion's chapter next followed by Allen's.
    Valkyrie
    Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:23 pm

Yaay !!

I am so happy about this   sunny

I can't wait for the next stories ! I am so curious to know the content of the disc Allen was carrying.

I have already made a video about this :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMFZHzckCCs

I also have updated the Wiki page :
    http://xeno-underground.net/oldwiki/doku.php?id=wiki:xenosaga_freaks

Last edited by Valkyrie on Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
    Jintoki
    Jintoki

Post by Jintoki Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:52 pm

^Thanks for those videos! (and sorry it took me forever to respond...)

Gosh, I can't believe it's almost been a year since we posted in this thread. There's a good news and bad news situation going on.

Good news: Both Kare and I very much want to complete the remaining two chapters of XenoComi.
    Bad news: Kare's life has gotten much busier, and she really needs help with the translation. We've had help here and there from others in the past, but the project has been reduced to just Kare and myself (and my Japanese really, really sucks).

Proposition: Would anyone kind enough be able to assist Kare in the translation on the two remaining chapters? You would need a decent knowledge of Japanese, but putting two heads together on a translation is much better and less stressful than one. Please, we would really like to finish this project unlike some other past Xeno fan projects. Please contact either Kare Reiko or myself if you would like to help us!
    Valkyrie
    Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:28 am

Jintoki wrote:^Thanks for those videos! (and sorry it took me forever to respond...)

You are welcome Smile

--

I do not know if this might help you, but here are the summaries (in English) of Allen's story and Shion's story:
    http://www.princessartemis.com/documents/xsfreaksallen.html
    http://www.princessartemis.com/documents/xsfreaksshion.html

I found those links here (see section "Xenosaga Freaks" at the bottom of the page) :
    http://durandork.livejournal.com/12915.html
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:30 pm

Might wanna also try messaging Gwendal to see if he's around? I've put out a link to your request on DA to tumblr, too, Jin. I don't know if she'd be interested in this, but I think Jenna (Kristy's sister) on Facebook might be able to help if she's interested?
    Valkyrie
    Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:50 pm

katimus_prime wrote:Might wanna also try messaging Gwendal to see if he's around?

Well, I sent a PM to Gwendal on June 18th 2015 (about one of my translation project), and I received a reply only 20 minutes after.
    Jintoki
    Jintoki

Post by Jintoki Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:51 pm

Thanks! I sent a PM to Gwendal, so we'll see how that goes. I'll also point Kare toward this thread so she can check out those links. I don't think I know the person you are referring to, Kat, but if you wouldn't mind asking her, I would deeply indebted to you (not like I'm not already). Again, thanks, guys! Smile
    Jintoki
    Jintoki

Post by Jintoki Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:37 pm

*blows dust off thread*

Many of you probably already know, but in case you didn't, XenoComi is back on schedule! Gwendal has been a great help to the project, and we really owe you for helping us getting it back off the ground. Thank you!

Anyway, it will be awhile until the last two chapters become available. Since this year marks the 10th anniversary of Xenosaga Episode III, we will release Shion's chapter on July 6th (Japanese anniversary) and Allen's chapter on August 29th (North American anniversary). I'm sorry the wait will be just a little longer, but with our busy schedules, I really want us to take our time and release it at our own pace.
    Yikari
    Yikari

Post by Yikari Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:11 pm

Glad to hear this! Very Happy Thank you for your time and effort, folks!
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:30 pm

Yes, thank you for your continued work on this! Very Happy
    Jintoki
    Jintoki

Post by Jintoki Fri May 06, 2016 6:46 pm

Update:  I'm sorry, but I'm starting to think we won't make the estimated release date I promised. I didn't realize how busy Kare has been at work lately. She is one of the most important aspects of this project, as it is nothing without her videos, audio, images, etc. I'm trying to work something out, but if anything, we won't make July. I'd rather a delay than a cancellation of the project entirely. I'm trying to work with Gwendal as well, so hopefully, between the three of us, we can come to our next course of action. Again, sorry.
    admin
    admin
    Site Admin

Post by admin Fri May 06, 2016 7:49 pm

Hey Jin, don't feel so bad. Thanks for attempting this undertaking to begin with! Sometimes making anniversary dates of things becomes very stressful. There are so many Xeno release date anniversaries. Shooting for the next anniversary is also possible. ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY
    Valkyrie
    Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie Sat May 07, 2016 3:54 am

Hey Jintoki.
    I see.
    Do not blame yourself for this. It is hard to predict how long a project will take, and it's even harder when you are not the only one working on it. I am not mad at you at all. And I am not disappointed by you or anyone else you mentioned.
    I know this project is complex. Having a precise deadline often is motivating, but if the members of the project feel guilty due to it, I think it may be counter-productive in the end.

Besides : There are so much Xeno-related things I have started which are still in standby today (and they are far more simple than Xenocomi, so I have no excuse compared to you) , so I am not in right to judge you.
    So please cheer up and take your time on this ! Smile

P.S. : I hope my English is understandable.
    Jintoki
    Jintoki

Post by Jintoki Sat May 07, 2016 8:40 am

Thank you so much for your understanding, guys! I feel mostly bad for putting so much pressure on Kare. I'm hoping we will still work on the project when we can, but as for a release, it still might be a long way off. Oh how I miss the days of being a child and having all the time in the world to pursue our passions.  :/
    ScurvyKip
    ScurvyKip

Post by ScurvyKip Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:10 pm

Just wanted to extend my thanks to you guys to taking this on and even get these five stories done! I went and did a screenshot Let's Play of it so it will less likely to be lost to the sands of time. Looking forward to the eventual release of the rest!
    Jintoki
    Jintoki

Post by Jintoki Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:33 am

Bah. Two years. I feel lame trying to push anything on to Kare. It's mainly my fault for procrastinating and being bad at juggling life.

The good news: I have a gaming laptop that is good enough for me to emulate Xenosaga Freaks. It plays pretty well for the most part. I also have a program to record footage and another to convert it to audio (thanks, Kare!)

The bad news: besides me still being a terrible person, I'm kinda scared of stumbling through the game and missing any small dialogue choices.

So, question: there wouldn't happen to be an English walk through of Shion and Allen's chapters somewhere out there? If I can record all the necessary footage, the only thing I'd need to worry about is the translation part, but I can't get there without the recording first.

Any help is appreciated but not necessary! Sorry again. I take full responsibility for the delay.
    Valkyrie
    Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:31 pm

Well, you can find walkthroughs for Shion and Allen here :
    https://www.youtube.com/user/nekomimi84/playlists

But alas, the video/sound quality is bad...

Also, Princess-Artemis have written summaries for all the scenarii of Xenocomi.
    Sadly, the website of Princess-Artemis is not available any more, and has not been saved on web-archive.org.
    But you can use my own backup instead :
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/9zo40cjcnuxuz48/Xenocomi%20-%20Scenarii%20Summaries.doc?dl=0

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 4:51 am