Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Xeno Metaseries Community

Hello, this forum is in read-only mode. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

4 posters

Xeno meta series lore qustions + speculation

Yikari
    Yikari

Xeno meta series lore qustions + speculation  - Page 4 Empty Re: Xeno meta series lore qustions + speculation

Post by Yikari Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:12 am

I don't think she is.

KOS-MOS was put forth as the 'front woman' of the franchise on all covers, additional material books, etc, and she is supposedly important to the plot, but in actuality she is almost a non-character.

In all the meaningless crossover game appearances to date, she is there at the forefront of the xenosaga delegations for the same reason: marketing department forcing her likeness in because they apparently don't think anyone else is worth bothering with, or something.

Which I personally find strange, since the market is oversaturated with overdesigned magical girls (which, let's be honest here, KOS-MOS really is). The color combination of white with blue, with a spot of red and maybe some black is tried and true, and I'm a sucker for fabulous anime hair, but I can't for the life of me call her canon visual design 'good'.

Even if viewed through the narrow lens of 'what is the sexiest', her design versions that are more suitable to push off of to be marketed as sensual - episode 2's and the first appearance in episode 3 - are never seen in her non-canon appearances in other games, as far as I know.

XXX

A few thoughts on some other points, while I'm here:

75 Speaking of XCX any interesting parallels between it and past games?

Off the top of my head:

spoilers inside:

73 Anyone feel like discussing the Gnostic influences on the Xeno-series?

I have basically zero knowledge on the topic, so only thing I can add here is maybe an obvious comparison of Wilhelm to the idea of the demiurge - a well-meaning, but ultimately mistaken and thus self-serving false creator figure holding everyone below him back like an allegory to an over-protective parent.

72 Speaking of which any idea on what those black boxes could include/be?

I would assume it would have something to do with scooping out the Mary soul goop out of the human soul goop layer of reality, since no one on the team besides Kevin seems to have any idea about it.

The sprit-grinding, 'I'mma swallow you into my stomach' attack she shows on a few occasions in 1 and 2 could be like that, but that's just speculation. It is never really discussed anywhere in canon.

The whole idea of working around hardware and / or software you have no idea of in such a supposedly important project seems bogus to me. Especially since the team already had suffered severe losses previously (they wouldn't know Kevin sabotaged the whole thing, after all). But seeing how much control Wilhelm has, it may have just been pushed through as all decisions from the top do.

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:31 am