Xeno Fannage!

Halloween Event 2014!

katimus_prime
    Administrator

Halloween Event 2014!

Post by katimus_prime on Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:33 pm

I am terrible at running events! However, I am attempting to effort this year!

Xenoween!
    From Xenogears, Xenosaga or Xenoblade, post any and all things Xeno-Halloween related!
    Spooky Xenostuff! Fun costumes to and or from Xeno! Xeno Horror! Xeno Decorations!
    - Fanart
    - Cosplay
    - Crafts
    - Vids
    - Poems, Fics or other literature
    - Any other form of omake I forgot!

No deadline, no start date. Spook now! Spook later! (Sorry for not starting this earlier.) I'm thinking entries will start to peter out in November or so. I'll just start a thread next September for next year. :3

Since this isn't really a contest, I don't have any prizes to give out, but Xeno hype is always good! If you'd like to compete or have suggestions to make this a viable contest, I'm completely open to suggestion!

"There is no growth without birth.  Without a foothold in the past, we cannot walk toward the future.  Get thee gone, darkness!"
    shinuzuki

Re: Halloween Event 2014!

Post by shinuzuki on Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:48 pm

AWESOME! I guess I'll start [in a way] by asking what everyone see's a Xeno character dressing up as or how each character would decorate their room/house ^^

I see MOMO dressing up as Madoka from Puella Magi Madoka Magica [im not too familiar with the series]
    I could see Kirschwasser and T-elos swapping outfits [wait... thats a bad idea, never mind x'D]
    the URTV triplets as the three musketeers perhaps xD

Post by stitchedmoon on Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:25 pm

HECK YEAH XENOWEEN.  I'm cool with it being a creative free-for-all!  Now I gotta think of something to do. :3c

In the meantime, please enjoy this picture of my husband as Ziggy in 2009, because cosplay.
    Spoiler:

Last edited by stitchedmoon on Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:50 am; edited 1 time in total

shinuzuki

Post by shinuzuki on Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:48 pm

Wow! That is really good! How long did it take you guys to finish that?

Here is something I found on DA that I feel is relevant. http://www.deviantart.com/art/U-R-T-V-Style-340522360

Post by stitchedmoon on Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:32 pm

Thank!  My husband worked on it for a few months at least, mostly on the legs. ^^;

And OMG, URTV Style.  Trini has a lot of amazing and hilarious Xenosaga fanart. :3

Last edited by stitchedmoon on Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Arylett Charnoa

Post by Arylett Charnoa on Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:35 pm

Ooooh. Yes! Xenoween is awesome. I actually made my own Xenoween before even knowing this was a thing! My fiance and I, we're making our first cosplay. And I'm gonna be Shion (Episode I), whilst my fiance is Jan Sauer from Pied Piper. There's NO way we're going to finish before Halloween, but I will post my picture of it here when it's done. He's just doing a practice outfit with some cheap fabric first.

I'll also see if I can get some silly drawing out of a mixture of Xenosaga and Halloween. I'm thinking Jin will be dressed as a sandwich, because his E.S. is called Reuben.

@shinuzuki wrote:AWESOME! I guess I'll start [in a way] by asking what everyone see's a Xeno character dressing up as or how each character would decorate their room/house ^^

I see MOMO dressing up as Madoka from Puella Magi Madoka Magica [im not too familiar with the series]
    I could see Kirschwasser and T-elos swapping outfits [wait... thats a bad idea, never mind x'D]
    the URTV triplets as the three musketeers perhaps xD
    Three musketeers URTVs is awesome.

@stitchedmoon wrote:HECK YEAH XENOWEEN.  I'm cool with it being a creative free-for-all!  Now I gotta think of something to do. :3c

In the meantime, please enjoy this picture of my husband as Ziggy in 2009, because cosplay.
    Spoiler:
    Whow! That is really well-made. Maybe one day, when we're more experienced, we can attempt a complex costume like that.

Shion 1   Deviantart | Aelita Crystal   Miyuki
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime on Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:22 pm

I've been entertaining this AU headcanon of Margulis as a leader of a biker gang in the 80's, so I've got all these very fresh images in my head of Biker Margulis, Cyndi Lauper Pellegri and Stuffy Businessman Cherenkov that I need to finish up. As far as house decorations, I think Cherenkov might be persuaded to put up a stick with a jack'o'lantern light on his beach. And then of course there's Vampire Margulis, Also Vampire Pellegri and Probably Renly Cherenkov.

"There is no growth without birth.  Without a foothold in the past, we cannot walk toward the future.  Get thee gone, darkness!"
    shinuzuki

Post by shinuzuki on Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:10 pm

Oh! Please let us know how that goes Arylett =D

the Three Musket URTVs shall be done!~ -scrawls-

also, Kat, that is brilliant with Cherenkov! It sounds like a bitter sweet thing to see him sitting on his beach with a jack o lantern~ I'd try making it, but I dont have the color knowledge to make it effective xD

Post by stitchedmoon on Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:40 pm

Thanks, Arylett!  And good luck with your cosplays! :3c  (Also LOL, Jin the sandwich. X3 )

Kat, your ideas are glorious. *w*  I wants to see all of thems.

Also!  Here is my attempt at a thing.  It's MOMO cosplaying hidden boss Mintia from Ep 1 (with a Bunnie-lantern because derp derp).

Last edited by stitchedmoon on Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:52 am; edited 1 time in total

katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime on Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:46 pm

Aaaa, that's so cute!!! I remember the good old days on Godsibb when Primantis got us some close-up shots of Mintia at the request of another user.
    Also, I love the Bunnielantern. :3 (I see you, second face.)

katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime on Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:52 pm

Boop! Anyone able to get anything done for this? I looked up and realized I didn't put this topic in the correct section, which I'm working on correcting now. Apologies!

Arylett Charnoa

Post by Arylett Charnoa on Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:56 am

Sadly not. We thought it wouldn't be finished before Halloween, the cosplay, due to time constraints and learning how to sew with a million practice runs. But I think I can get a picture up of the current progress later! I think my Shion will probably at least be finished by next year.

Shion 1   Deviantart | Aelita Crystal   Miyuki
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime on Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:37 pm

I'm hoping to at least do a small, late entry. Next year, I should really just make a deadline.

Current date/time is Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:41 pm