Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Xeno Metaseries Community

Hello, this forum is in read-only mode. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

+12
Valkyrie
Arylett Charnoa
opkij
Neosmith
Yikari
katimus_prime
RadicalDreamer
LadyTwi
InsaneChronos
kare_reiko
Monstrocker
answerawake
16 posters

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Neosmith

Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 4 Empty Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X

Post by Neosmith Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:06 am

Just wanted to clarify who wrote what in Xenosaga.

Episode I: Takahashi/Soraya Saga

Episode II: Original Script was second half of Episode I, hence written by Hashi/Saga. After E1 release, it was revised by Norihiko Yanesaka under Takahashi guidance (like a show runner) into what became the PS2 E2.

Episode III: Norihiko Yanesaka under Takahashi guidance

DS: Takahashi/Yuiichiro Takeda
    RadicalDreamer
    RadicalDreamer

Post by RadicalDreamer Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:04 pm

Neosmith wrote:DS: Takahashi/Yuiichiro Takeda

I had forgotten about this. So that's when they first began to work together... Makes sense, since the Kirshwasser's storyline from the anime was included in the DS version.
    Valkyrie
    Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:13 am

Koichi Mugitani aka Choco confirmed as chara-designer !!

See most recent post here :
    https://www.facebook.com/XenobladeChroniclesX?ref=hl

P.S. : please promote and support the petition : We are at 7241 signatures !
    https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition/Katsuhiro_Harada_DirectorProducer_at_Bandai_Namco_Remaster_the_Xenosaga_Trilogy_for_Global_Release/?wHSmoib
    RadicalDreamer
    RadicalDreamer

Post by RadicalDreamer Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:45 am

Cool news, today ! Metal Gear Rising/Ghost in the the Shell :Arise designer for the mechs/dolls ! The illustration is pretty cool !
    Choco did the chara-designs in Xenosaga 3, didn't he ? Do you think he helped Tanaka for the humans (you never know, this game, like Xenoblade, will have A LOT of visible equipment) ? Or maybe an alien race...
    opkij
    opkij

Post by opkij Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:04 pm

Oh, so Koichi Mugitani is also returning, a lot of familiar names now!
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:33 pm

Ohhhh snap! Choco's actually been with XS since Episode I, if you take a look at any of the Emissions books. :D NOW I'M HYPED.
    Jintoki
    Jintoki

Post by Jintoki Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:02 pm

Oh gosh, all of this news has quickly washed away my pessimism.  So excited!  Takahashi released more information today, but mainly just discussing the people he just revealed as part of the project.  http://www.siliconera.com/2014/12/02/xenoblade-chronicles-x-director-concept-behind-games-mechs/

If anyone has Facebook, this fan page has been doing a pretty good job posting translations of Takahashi's tweets in English and French:  https://www.facebook.com/XenobladeChroniclesX
    RadicalDreamer
    RadicalDreamer

Post by RadicalDreamer Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:17 pm

Latest tweet translation :

[Takahashi] My apologies, but today I will depart from introducing the game's designers to talk a little bit about the 'Dolls'. Dolls are about 5 times larger than a tall human, at about 9~10 meters (Translator's note: roughly 29" 6' ~ 32" 9') tall. We calculated this to be the optimal height for the robots when coexisting with humans while searching the map and battling. If we made the robots larger, the map would also have to be even larger, which is not just a problem of the game's overall budget, but also searching the map would take an overly long time as a human. It's been 15 years since Monolith Soft was founded and I finally feel like I have successfully created an RPG with humans and robots co-exist, a long held vision of mine.

I don't want to get sidetracked from these designer introductions, but I'd like to explain a few things about the Dolls. The mechs are about five times as large as a human being--roughly 9-10 meters tall. After a few calculations, we determined that would be the most appropriate size for situations in which humans and robots coexist onscreen. If we were to make the mechs any bigger, the map would also expand into something enormous. Not only would that inflate the budget, but it would also make exploring as a human character quite exhausting. Creating a world where humans and robots can exist without feeling incongruous has been a personal objective of mine since the founding of Monolith Soft fifteen years ago, and I'm happy to say that I have finally achieved that goal.

The bolded is especially cool. Previous Xeno games struggled with the "on foot"/"mech" thing... but Takahashi seems to be pretty satisfied this time (I guess... maybe this time it will be possible to fight most battles the way we want... except during special occasions I guess *like, if we fight while flying*).
    I don't want to get  excited for nothing but... I really hope there will be underwater exploration/fighting. I loved when it happened in Xenogears (but it was minimal/scripted) but most of all... I've never seen real underwater exploration in a jRPG since FF7 (FF10 had a few moments but it didn't compare).
    If you know jRPGs that did this since then, let me know.

Oh gosh, all of this news has quickly washed away my pessimism.
    I still have worries regarding some things (like, is it possible to play as the other party members, will sidequests be better... and plot/characters personal appeal is one thing that can't be predicted right now)... but the latest tweets also pleased me. The art is going to be great and I'm kinda confident that gameplay itself will be greatly improved compared to Xenoblade (which I liked fine, save for the crappy AI... but with XBX, we're promised great mechs/on foot balance, mechs that can change into various vehicles, monsters with different breakable parts à la Valkyrie Profile 2, maybe the return of treasures/capsules to find *I'm not sure though... but that would be awesome for this to be back to me*... and other stuff I may forget or were not announced yet).
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:12 pm

/excitement!!
    Arylett Charnoa
    Arylett Charnoa

Post by Arylett Charnoa Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:55 pm

Well, I'm pretty excited about this, but also still cynical. All of these gameplay features and things sound cool, but what has me worried is the entire reason I like the Xeno-series: that complicated story. The fact that the main character will be customizable, at least, according to what I've heard... is cool. But it also means that there will be limited story around them because it's difficult to build a story about a character that can be anything the player wants. I've experienced it in so many games. And I just don't want the awesome characters I love about Xeno to be a thing of the past. I just hope that there are still some compelling characters and plot. Because whilst the gameplay that is super fun is awesome, it gets tiring and repetitive fast. A good story/characters never ceases to hold my attention.

(I've just started Xenoblade up today, so keep that in mind. I can't really compare it to that. But the gameplay of what I've played of it so far is really fun, so I have no doubts this game will also have some pretty good gameplay. Particularly with the exploration aspect.)

Also, pleased to hear that the old character designers are coming back! Oh, they've made some of my favorite designs in all of gaming. (Shion. @_@)
    Jintoki
    Jintoki

Post by Jintoki Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:15 am

Xenoblade's official site updated with a new song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP0B-DyfEB0

Well, not new, but extended from the E3 trailer.
    Valkyrie
    Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:39 am

Excellent French up-to-date translation of the official tweets :
    http://wajinokiseki.blogspot.fr/search/label/Xenoblade%20chronicles%20x

Last edited by Valkyrie on Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Jintoki
    Jintoki

Post by Jintoki Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:28 pm

Soraya Saga retweeted this today: https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/554850332719972352

I really, really hope that means more Xenoblade Chronicles X info tomorrow!

EDIT: New trailer! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvpNXhzscjQ&feature=youtu.be

April 29th release date. I hope it gets localized quickly, since the English trailer lists 2015.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:07 pm

Awesooooome!!
    Jintoki
    Jintoki

Post by Jintoki Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:16 am

xenobladex.jp has been updated with character information and story. You can find a rough translation in English here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1C6LVjUy4ZJ7d17TWK2kwsDxawQTnFWnEV8ApkwWP8tI/pub

I'm really looking forward to more characters being revealed.
    stitchedmoon
    stitchedmoon

Post by stitchedmoon Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:06 am

Eeeee, the trailer looks amazing!

Also, I know this is just the translator's interpretation but:
    I’M LIKE, TOTALLY A MECHANIC OR SOMETHING AT BLADE.
    Lyn confirmed for '80sblade X?
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:40 pm

stitchedmoon wrote:Eeeee, the trailer looks amazing!

Also, I know this is just the translator's interpretation but:
    I’M LIKE, TOTALLY A MECHANIC OR SOMETHING AT BLADE.
    Lyn confirmed for '80sblade X?

HEEEHEEEHEE!

高橋:ちがうよ~、「Wii U」っていうゲーム機で遊べるゲームのソフトだよ~。
    Takahashi: Nah son, it’s a piece of software you can play on your Wii U.

I'm wondering if this confirms Takahashi-san for gangsta?

高橋:あれ?興味ないの?
    T: Hm? ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

I AM VERY ENTERTAINED!!
    Valkyrie
    Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:49 pm

The recent infos added on xenobladex.jp now fully translated in... French :
    http://wajinokiseki.blogspot.fr/2015/01/xenoblade-x-la-home-page-officielle.html
    opkij
    opkij

Post by opkij Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:12 am

It seems like they have already begun localization! That is a very good sign!
    Jintoki
    Jintoki

Post by Jintoki Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:08 am

Two new characters added to xenobladex.jp, the older man seen in some of the trailers (known as Van Damme) and a new female character. (known as Irina)
    chaos
    chaos

Post by chaos Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:17 pm

me very exite. The look of this game reminds me of some of the drawings from perfect works with the creatures especially. The staff involved is very encouraging, will buy a wiiu for this. I didn't know what to expect at first, as it looked very like an mmo, but since I read that Takahashi has said it will have a deep sci-fi story and he wanted to work with Tanaka to give it that xeno look, I am very exited for this.
    chaos
    chaos

Post by chaos Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:59 pm

Not sure if the new composer is going to be able to live up to Kaijura or Mitsuda at the moment.
    RadicalDreamer
    RadicalDreamer

Post by RadicalDreamer Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:11 pm

chaos wrote:Not sure if the new composer is going to be able to live up to Kaijura or Mitsuda at the moment.
    I'll reserve judgement later, personally. But, I spent my afternoon drawing Xenogears fanarts while listening to Yoko Kanno's music and telling myself "My... she would rock as a Xeno composer ! I almost wish Takahashi had picked her instead of Sawano. Eh, maybe next time...". I kind of want to make a Kanno themed fanmix for Xenogears now (I associate a few Kanno songs to Saga and Blade as well... well, I only associate one song with Blade : Exaelitus... and it's perfect).
    chaos
    chaos

Post by chaos Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:11 pm

Actually not sure why I said that, listened to some more of his stuff, sounds very good. Guess its a good thing if they get more talented people involved with the series.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:14 pm

I know I was reluctant regarding the addition of Yuki Kajiura to the Xeno soundtrack team at first with XS2, but seeing how amazing it panned out, I've learned to keep an open mind.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:10 am