Xenoblade Chronicles X Empty Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X

Post by Monstrocker on Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:11 pm

YAY

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:22 pm

I don't want a sequel to this story Sad

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:39 pm

Admittedly, I have not yet played Xenoblade! I plan to play it, I have it waiting!!!! It just.... hasn't captured me as much as Saga, so I haven't been super on the trigger about playing it. I'm sure it will be good!

However
    Xenoblade Chronicles X................
    the trailer felt like Xenosaga.
    It felt like Xenosaga.
    It's....perfect....
    I'm ready.
    Valkyrie
    Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie on Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:50 pm

Oh my... looks like a space opera...

Maybe Monolith Soft have thought that it can be a good idea to come back to space themes and mecha themes...

Looking good for future anyway :nice:
    kare_reiko
    kare_reiko
    Donator

Post by kare_reiko on Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:52 pm

So amazing! *_* Does Wii U have region block?? If not I'm going to buy console for this Smile

Such a moment of such peace...
    Valkyrie
    Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie on Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:54 pm

A piece of information from jeuxvideo.com :

E3 2014 : Xenoblade Chronicles X en 2015.... le mystérieux X s'appellera finalement Xenoblade Chronicles X. Suite directe de l'épisode sorti sur Wii, ce RPG...

>

>

>

so this game IS the sequel of Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii).

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/news/2014/00072667-e3-2014-xenoblade-chronicles-x-en-2015.htm

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:59 pm

kare_reiko@ Yes, the Wii U has a region block.

I like what I see in this trailer, but i don't like the name. I hope X is not connected to Xenoblade, even if they have the same name. Sad
    Does someone think, that the girl with the white hairs is a reimagining of KOS-MOS? And another character looks to me like a older version of Gaignun/Dmitri.
    kare_reiko
    kare_reiko
    Donator

Post by kare_reiko on Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:12 pm

7om, Nah I don't think it will have any connection to Xenosaga. It's just style of face.

I think this game won't so much direct sequel to Xenoblade. It will be far, far in future story.

We have information that one side of conflict live on "Earth", don't know if it was Xenoblade planet or other one. They destroyed it and now they move to new world. They fight to survive on new world.
    We see Humans and Furry races, no Hight Entia, Machina races from Xenoblade. There is only Nopon on the end of trailer, it's only thing that connect now to First Xenoblade.

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:22 pm

Hey people, someone on gamefaqs spotted Zohar!

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/701151-xenoblade-chronicles-x/69411965/786330083

Looks like it is really gonna be a reimagining of the Xenoverse. Smile
    InsaneChronos

Post by InsaneChronos on Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:53 pm

It's is NOT a sequel to Monado. On the official page there is nothing about any connection to the previous game.
    InsaneChronos

Post by InsaneChronos on Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:34 pm

Lawl, look at the girl's barrette :cheesesmile: So I guess this game have nothing to do with Monado.

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:43 pm

Yeah, i spotted that some moments ago. Looks like Xenoblade is just gonna have cameo appearances in this game. Awesome!

http://e3.nintendo.com/games/wiiu/xenoblade-chronicles-x/
    Players can customize everything about the main character's appearance, including gender, shapes, height, skin color, voice and tattoos.

But it looks like X is gonna have a bad main-character. Sad
    LadyTwi
    LadyTwi
    Inquisitor Extraordinaire

Post by LadyTwi on Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:59 pm

I haven't played Xenoblade yet because I'm a terrible person. I should probably get around to that. XD

I don't plan on ever getting a Wii U, so while I'm happy Monolith Soft is still going strong, I'm not particularly excited for this game.

Valkyrie
    Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie on Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:23 pm

InsaneChronos

Post by InsaneChronos on Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:10 pm

So, X is a spiritual successor to Monado, much like Xenosaga to Xenogears.
    Valkyrie
    Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie on Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:03 pm

My videos :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_IBskMc7SU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61hi0lUinzI

Other good videos :

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2014/06/10/xenoblade-chroncicles-x-gameplay-demo-ign-live-e3-2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tybKz3DKqRc
    RadicalDreamer
    RadicalDreamer

Post by RadicalDreamer on Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:25 pm

I didn't know what to think. I'm still unsure but here we go :

- The title. I don't like it. It makes it seem the game is a direct sequel to Xenoblade. And I didn't want that. But now, it seems it's ONLY a spiritual successor to it (which we already knew)... and that we will get plenty of references from the "old games" too. It's just seem like a creative mess/mashup to me. People will still believe it's a direct sequel to Blade because of the title when it's not apparently. And the game won't be Gears/Saga related either despite the fanservice. It's so very confusing. Xenosaga started it back in the days and it HURT the game and the fanbase(s). But at least, Xenosaga REALLY started as a Xenogears prequel so I kind of understand why it ended up like that. And Xenoblade was supposedly just a homage/tribute title. But this seems just worst. And this title is just ugly. Xenoblade Chronicles X (Cross) ? Chronicles was a nonsensical name addition to Xenoblade back then (seriously, it means NOTHING in relation to the plot, it's just a commercial name). It's not better now. And Cross ? Like "crossover"?
    - the models are kind of bad and stiff. Expected it since the first trailer but I thought they would have improved on them since then. It is a reminder of how Tanaka's artstyle doesn't translate well in 3D (the only good looking Xeno game, character wise, still stays Xenosaga 3... and Xenogears because it's 2D anime and sprites). On the other hand, it does remind old fans of Xenosaga 1, eh. The chara-design itself seems to be good, however.
    - environment look gorgeous. No surprise.
    - I liked the gameplay part we were shown. Not so different from Blade. But there is something that worries me. I fear we won't be able to get rid of the custom character and play with others instead as leads. This was great in Xenoblade because Shulk would have been a tiresome lead for the whole game, characters had different gameplay styles and the IA wasn't always good (Meliaaaaaa). But getting stuck with one character like in Soma Bringer ? A custom one ? And not being able to control and equip the others the way we want ? That would be AWFUL ! It would just... take away one of the things I enjoyed most about Blade and give me back one of the things I hated about Soma Bringer.
    - The custom lead. A first in a Xeno/Takahashi game. I'm okay with it if it means no vanilla protag (ever since Soma Bringer, the rest of the party always had the better characters... and I guess Fei and Shion weren't the big favorites either but they were interesting characters at least)... but will it hurt the plot ? Takahashi never did this before so it's risky. Will this custom MC bring anything interesting to the game (the online part) ? Will it be like in Mass Effect ? Persona ? Elder Scrolls (please don't) ? It can be a good idea like it can a terrible one... depending on how this will be done in game. If we're stucked with the MC for the whole game, I'll scream.
    - no talk of multi/online this time ?
    - the black hair girl with a Monado hairclip looks like MOMO and Kelvena put together.
    - I like the premise at least... expected something like that anyway. It would be neat to have characters from different countries from Earth. American, French, British, Japanese, Chinese, Russian...
    - Zohar like shapes were spotted on monitors

I got more excited for Grim Fandango remake/remaster and open world Zelda to be honest. With this Xenoblade Chronicles X, I'm on the fence. Gotta read the game's reviews next year and play the game to decide if I should squee or not. Despite that, I like waiting for it and read people's thoughts. Back then, I got hyped just hearing people get excited for Xenoblade. Sadly, the hype died when I started the game (to reappear briefly at certain points in the game... like the Nopon village tree and a few secret locations... and a few later cutscenes maybe).

Last edited by 125 on Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Monstrocker
    Monstrocker

Post by Monstrocker on Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:28 pm

.: Either way, its best to give the game a try once it is released. Monolith's series is still continuing the Xeno legacy so it's pretty much better than no Xeno game at all Razz Just saying.

Post by RadicalDreamer on Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:32 pm

JSR_GUMMY wrote:.: Either way, its best to give the game a try once it is released. Monolith's series is still continuing the Xeno legacy so it's pretty much better than no Xeno game at all Razz Just saying.
    Continuing it ? More like mangling it. But I agree we can't firmly judge the whole package right now. Let's wait for the reviews and game in 2015.
    InsaneChronos

Post by InsaneChronos on Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:41 am

X looks...serious, very xeno-like in terms of story. That's enough for me to play the game. This game sold me the WiiU.
    stitchedmoon
    stitchedmoon

Post by stitchedmoon on Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:31 am

Oh gosh, that looks exciting~!! I definitely got Xenosaga feels from the trailer. owo

Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie on Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:02 am

Just in case the Live of IGN (which is not the same as the Treehouse of Nintendo) would become one day unavailable, I recorded it :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z41zqOvqRg
    RadicalDreamer
    RadicalDreamer

Post by RadicalDreamer on Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:29 am

I got one worry out of the way. I couldn't watch all the gameplay footage before but I finally watched the entire demo with the Persona 4 looking MC (neat, i'll know who to create if the MC ends up a failure... Narukami Yu is my fav silent protag and i'll just pretend it's him... the MC as yu also looks pretty enough in this demo, besides the lack of expressions... something all the models seem to lack infortunately).
    Anyway, i saw the guy could change the girl's top armor and i feel releaved a bit we won't lose at least that. That was one of the funnest thing about XB and that's one degree of control we're sure we won't lose over the entire party.
    kare_reiko
    kare_reiko
    Donator

Post by kare_reiko on Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:38 pm

I share my worries with  RadicalDreamer, Shion and Fei are some unforgettable characters and even more MC, Shulk was good too, maybe too shounen m&a style character but nice and with interesting story (all Zanza theme), but own character? It will be flat... I play few games like that, ToRM 1,2,3, Persona, many MMO games. I will be like you are choosen one to save the world, you are amazing etc without deep personality.

I don't mind if it's isn't sequel/prequel/god-know-what to Xenoblade but couldn't they at last change name? I would like better title if it would be Xenomech, Xenoworld or anything else... I don't know why they push that name.

Ok, I just keep telling bad things, maybe I'm just too tired, so now good things. All mechs are amazing! Amazing done, they not so shiny types as Xenosaga were, more like Xenogears and look so nice.
    Characters looking great too, I like faces, I juts surprise that they again have such bad and low quality alpha mask for hair. Xenosaga have amazing hair mask, I know it pretty well and it give such smoosh and good looking effect. Why they didn't use it again? Wii U is stronger then PS2, space for files shouldn't be problem too, they need to use alpha mask anyway, so why not better one? O_O

Update:
    I saw that 40 minutes of gameplay. Opening is amazing, really XSish. But holy good that moment when ship crash on planet, when clouds get off and you see those animals, world, it bring tears to my eyes, so simply amazing! Beautiful, that even Cameron Avatar hide. System of gameplay looks exactly like Xenoblade one. So we have two Xenoblade, first fantasy like and now this Science-fiction one. When this game come out so I could play it somehow I need to get it!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:48 pm