Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Xeno Metaseries Community

Hello, this forum is in read-only mode. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

+3
Yikari
Jintoki
Nikkolas
7 posters

Favorite Quotes

Nikkolas

Favorite Quotes Empty Favorite Quotes

Post by Nikkolas Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:50 am

Episode 1:

"Don't even start thinking you have a brain to think with!"

-Vanderkam

"UUUUUUUUU-DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

-Helmer

"Hey it's a girl. She might be cute ya know. Hehehehehe"

-Hammer

"My ass ya sicko!"

-Mathews

Episode 2:
    Shion: *as Albedo is like strangling Jr. or something* Don't you want to make peace with your brother?
    Albedo: Peace? i'll have you know Rubedo and I are the best of pals.

Episode 3:

"I'm an old man for heaven's sake. Young people these days have no manners!"

-Professor
    "Professor, violent criminals don't care about manners."

-Scott
    (the nerdiest part of me likes this joke also because Voyager is much older than the Professor)

Wow...I was trying to do only funny quotes to start off with and I realize that EP3 is lacking in the humor compared to 1. Nothing that happens on Disk 2 is comedic. It's all Serious Business from the moment the Durandal is attacked onward.

But yeah, I got plenty of serious lines I love but I wanted to start off with something fun. Your turn everyone!
    Jintoki
    Jintoki

Favorite Quotes Empty Re: Favorite Quotes

Post by Jintoki Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:02 am

Episode 1:
    "Perception and pain are but one and the same.  So, go ahead...feel my pain for yourself!"

-Albedo

"Weak! They're all so weak!"

- Albedo  (I say this quote the most, mainly when I'm either whooping someone in a video game or if someone even mentions the word "weak.")

"My external appearance is down 5%.  Shion, I need to be cleaned."

- KOS-MOS (the line has always stood out as being so ridiculous, it's hard not to love.  That and it's my ringtone when I receive texts...)

Episode 2:
    "Death is rest for the soul. Who was it who said that? If the body did not die, and the fears borne in the mind just continued to pile up, the world would be nothing more than an eternal prison."

- Ziggy

"You've always been two-faced, you know, offering life in one hand, death in the other."

- Albedo

Episode 3:
    "That is one phrase that defines me, however words give people many forms. [cut out spoilerific part of the quote because it isn't important] They each define me, yet none of them are me."

- Wilhelm

"Poor lost souls.  Let you be reborn again anew."

- chaos

There are probably some that I am forgetting right now, but those are some of my favorites.

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:05 pm

I have so many favourites that it's hard for me to narrow them down...!!! Funny, serious, meaningful to life, or meaningful just int he story... can't I just say, "the whole script???"

I guess I'll just leave this one here, because it made me cry more than any other-- it means a lot to me. In fact, I'm getting part of it as a tattoo this month!!! -U-

"Jin, now I think I understand what Wilhelm wanted to do,
                       just a little bit better. His methods may have been wrong,
                       but now, I think I understand the logic behind his reasons.
                       Living the same life over and over again, but living those
                       lives without any regrets is what really matters. That's
                       probably what the ideal vision of being human is all about.
                       However, we humans are really not that strong. And we know
                       that we can't live like that. We're creatures that are much
                       more flawed, weak, and smaller than that. We hurt others,
                       we lie to ourselves, we hate, we blame others, we regret,
                       but, even if we are weak, and even if it is our fate to
                       disappear entirely. I think the will to change the future
                       is still an important one. We must try to change the things
                       around us, little by little. Even if it is one step at a
                       time, And even if everything is already pre-determined,
                       it's not something for us to be sad about. No. On the
                       contrary, the future is overflowing with hope. And we have
                       infinite paths to choose from. Isn't that right? chaos?
                       KOS-MOS?"

(Um, if anyone is wondering, "The future is overflowing with hope. And we have infinite paths to choose from" is the portion going on my arm! uvu)

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:53 pm

There really are so many great quotes in all of the xenosaga games... I have an ongoing note on my phone of XS quotes in fact. But some of the first ones that come to mind for me are...

Dmitri's "If, in fact, God cannot be destroyed, then we shall be the ones to become gods ourselves."

...actually can I just say that whole scene..?

Also from Dmitri- "Now, let us begin. Restore what was once rightfully mine!"

It's pretty sad when you think about it...

I like a lot of Wilhem's lines as well, but the two I always remember are
    "Overly strong faith clouds the eyes" and  "It wasn't meaningless as long as you, yourself, believe it wasn't meaningless."

And from Pied Piper, Lactis'
    "...It’s pointless. A savior… is more than some person who was born out of too much genetic manipulation. Now there are even high government officials who were made in a cultivation plant like this. Imprinted humans are the basis of a completely homogenous nation. Though a commune managed by people with a single ideology can’t really be called a nation. In that kind of warped hierarchy, humans are… How do these children envision the future?"
    Nikkolas

Post by Nikkolas Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:33 pm

I forgot this - the Quote of Quotes.

Shion to Nephilim:
    "What do you want? Are you here to say a bunch of cryptic  things again and confuse me?"

NO matter how you felt about Shion at this point, I think EVERYONE wanted to high five her for that line.

Also for Yuriev I think the best quote is Wilhelm's:
    "He's a truly fascinating human being. In order to conquer his fear, he chooses to absorb that fear and become that fear himself."
    Yikari
    Yikari

Post by Yikari Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:55 am

I dunno, I found this scene

https://youtu.be/ZCmod0n5s4g?t=2m16s

from the third Episode quite funny on my first run. Something about KOS-MOS ever-so-politely informing Kevin she is not obligated to follow his commands got me giggling.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:21 pm

"UZUKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    stitchedmoon
    stitchedmoon

Post by stitchedmoon Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:29 pm

I've probably said this a million times before but Cherenkov's final speech to Shion on the Beach of Nothingness is basically my favorite line(s) ever.  I just relate to it so much.

Also in Ep 1, Ziggy and MOMO's conversation during the hyperspace battle right before they get scooped up by the Elsa. ("Are you scared?" "A little. But I'm okay. Because you're here with me.") ;m;

Also also Ziggy and Juli's, ehem, maintenance scene in Episode 2. eue  Particularly this:
    "... why don't you imagine you had two daughters? ... One that passed away, and one that's still alive."

best dad

best family ;w;

Last edited by stitchedmoon on Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
    kare_reiko
    kare_reiko
    Donator

Post by kare_reiko Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:56 am

stitchedmoon wrote:

Also also Ziggy and Juli's, ehem, maintenance scene in Episode 2. eue  Particularly this:
    "... why don't you imagine you had two daughters? ... One that passed away, and one that's still alive."

I like this whole part too.

Well it wouldn't be surprising if I tell that I like whole chaos and neph talk in ep 3 on cd1
    that one too:
    chaos: One’s reason for existing. That’s a difficult question. I’d like to think it’s for the people I care about, for everyone, but my existence doesn’t necessarily mean people will be happy.

Joachim: Don’t you think waves resemble the relationships between people? They
    ebb and flow, as if feeling the distance between them, and repeat that process
    eternally.

This whole scene
    Virgil: (upset) You died and left me! I have nothing to say to you!

Febronia: I know, you have suffered. My death tied your consciousness to this
    place. But I want to help you, Luis. I want to free you from this cursed place
    forever!

Virgil: (upset and holding his heart) Just leave me alone! You’re already dead,
    Febronia!

[The camera shows Febronia in her spiritual form embraces Virgil from behind.]

Febronia: Luis. Although my body is dead, I am still here with you. I am right
    beside you. There’s no reason for you to suffer.

Virgil: (regretfully upset) But I-I couldn’t even save you.

Febronia: No. You’re wrong. You did save me. You taught me that by sharing all
    of our feelings that we would be able to change the world. And that alone was
    more than enough.

Virgil: Do you hate me? None of this would have ever happened…if you hadn’t
    gotten involved. Why did you have to, why? (slightly saddened) It’s too much to
    bear.

[There was a brief pause as Febronia continues to embrace Virgil.]

Virgil: All I want-all I really want…is for you…

From ep2:
    MOMO:  My heart is just an optional function?  (it was sad scene)
    Nikkolas

Post by Nikkolas Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:03 pm

Don't much care for EP2 but that last quote from MOMO was pretty sad.

Anyway, some of my favorites:

Kevin: Resolve? Do you think we Testaments lack resolve?

Allen: Yes! You lost confidence in your ability to live as human beings and just ran away! Because they were scared of death, because they couldn't stand being weak, Virgil, Voyager, Yuriev, and even Ormus. They were all just trying to run away from the harshness of reality! The power of the Testaments? All you're doing is using that tremendous power to run away!
    -----------------------

Margulis: As a warrior, and as a man, I will leave my mark upon the world!
    -----------------------

Shion: Who...are you?

Virgil: Who? What does it matter? Or…do you need a name to describe me? A definition by words is merely a means to deceive oneself. It's meaningless before the truth. What matters is how you perceive things.
    (it's rather like that awesome Wilhelm quote Jintoki mentioned earlier)
    -----------------------

Wilhelm: The preciousness of limited life, the beauty of death. You're intoxicated by that narcissism.
    -----------------------

Yuriev: I'm not going to die. Not now, not ever.
    -----------------------
    kare_reiko
    kare_reiko
    Donator

Post by kare_reiko Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:11 am

Oh, that one quote from Allen, he isn't my very liked character from Xenosaga but at those scenes he gets many points, for that one and others to Shion in that scene.
    Xernova
    Xernova
    Xerno Res Novae

Post by Xernova Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:14 am

My absolute favorite quote from the whole series is delivered by Kevin in XSIII
    Spoiler:
    "An empty life is more terrifying than death."

From my own personal experience, I consider this statement to be true.
    Sadly this quote is missable, because
    Spoiler:
    But, for those who don't remember it/never heard it, here it is;

Spoiler:
    Another favorite of mine is a quote from Yuriev in XSII;

"I'm not going to die. Not now, not ever."

I think at that point Yuriev dethroned Albedo as my new favorite Xenosaga villain. >8]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:21 pm