Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Xeno Metaseries Community

Hello, this forum is in read-only mode. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

+4
Monstrocker
katimus_prime
answerawake
Nikkolas
8 posters

That's Not Appropriate Shion

Nikkolas

That's Not Appropriate Shion Empty That's Not Appropriate Shion

Post by Nikkolas Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:40 am

That's Not Appropriate Shion O4uUva6

I no longer have a copy of EP3 but a guy on YT was awesome enough to upload all the regular AND Swimsuit Mode cutscenes to YoUTube.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Helsionium/playlists?sort=dd&shelf_id=1&view=1

Any other scenes look hilarious/awkward when in Swimsuit Mode?

That's Not Appropriate Shion Empty Re: That's Not Appropriate Shion

Post by Guest Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:59 pm

The crotch-hug, oh god yeS
    THE CROTCH HUG.

I'm fairly certain that it looks a bit suggestive in normal mode too. <3
    answerawake

Post by answerawake Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:36 pm

Well there is that scene where kosmos is generating a power orb to fire at Telos and part of her top comes off to generate the power orb...or how about all those scenes where the camera just zooms into shion's chest for no apparent reason. Yeah...I would say there a quite a few "suggestive" scenes.  Razz

A few weeks ago a very good friend of mine (who is not a gamer at all nor has she ever heard of Xenosaga) watched the first hour or so of Xenosaga 1 cutscenes.  A week or two later I challenged her to draw Shion from memory.

This is what she came up with:  (sorry, the forums is cutting off the image not sure how to resize it. Any thoughts Kat? )

That's Not Appropriate Shion Jv6Nzkw

I guess that was her lasting impression of Shion.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:48 pm

I edited the post and fixed that for ya.  Early on in the forum's development, I had to create an extra image tag to handle the display of larger images.  I thought I posted the usage thread for them here - http://xeno-underground.net/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=32
    But on looking a little closer at the thread, it doesn't look like I updated it for the new image tag.  >_<
    Monstrocker
    Monstrocker

Post by Monstrocker Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:23 am

Oh my gosh lol. Kosmos doesn't mind xD
    kare_reiko
    kare_reiko
    Donator

Post by kare_reiko Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:32 am

Nice picture of Shion XD. Well, 1 ep has a lot shots on Shion chest, it was suppose to be zoom at "Pendant-she-got-from-Kevin" but it more look like breast zoom for "normal" players  XD
    Nikkolas

Post by Nikkolas Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:13 am

And then there were the numerous, numerous ass shots of Shion in Episode 1. They were for...well, fanservice. lol No ifs ands or buts about it.
    Valkyrie
    Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:26 am

:laugh4: :laugh4:

Talking about this,I have found very funny some comments written in Xeno-Emission 3 about MOMO design. Look at this for example :

In EP2, I got rid of her skirt to prevent panty shots, but since [I thought] "even if they can see some of her panties that go past her stockings, it's probably okay", I brought back the skirt. It's a very short skirt, but by
    making it plaited, it would wrap around her legs and make it harder to see her panties. Or that's how it was
    supposed to be, but in the game it could be turned around just from her running, and they'd end up being
    visible.

Kugi Mugitani (i e "Choco") comments on his female characters are always so funny...
    Valkyrie
    Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:31 am

Always about MOMO's design in XenoEmission 3 :
    She's matured
    Not her breasts, her mind, that is.

[...]

She's more sexually aware
    In EP2, she matured mentally and gained more self-assertiveness through
    having the will to be free, and as a consequence she wears various clothing
    ornaments. Unexpectedly, she has earrings too. Did you notice? You could
    say her chest has matured too, but they aren't actually all that big. I think it's
    just because the corset emphasizes them and draws your eyes there. They
    look fairly big in their own way in the MOMO nude bust drawn by Mr.
    Tanaka too right? I made her blouse open in the back, so you can catch
    glimpses of her back. It's a sexy little touch that was present in Sakura's
    one-piece, but I incorporated it into MOMO's outfit too.

To clarify how her outfit was put together, I went as far as to draw her
    underwear, but I was very surprised to see that the in-game polygon model
    also had a bra when I tried looking beneath the blouse. What the...? Viva
    Monolith!
    Yikari
    Yikari

Post by Yikari Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:51 am

Ugh, here I thought I've finally managed to forget about this and you go and remind me again. Smile

Not the CROTCH HUG in particular, that scene didn't come across to me as silly in normal mode, just awkward (possibly good kind of awkward since one of the characters' mental breakdown has come to the head and the other one doesn't have even the foggiest idea what to do about it) and maybe misplaced (in a sense that I felt it was put in a wrong place, plotwise). But the rest... I guess I'm not in the target audience for that kind of fanservice.
    stitchedmoon
    stitchedmoon

Post by stitchedmoon Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:51 am

Swimsuit mode makes everything better except Ziggy. C: (Although speaking of Ziggy and the swimsuit, can we not? I remember someone--I think it was Tehrin?--pointing out years ago that the final confrontation between him and Voyager looks even more suggestive with the swimsuit on.)

Nikkolas wrote:And then there were the numerous, numerous ass shots of Shion in Episode 1. They were for...well, fanservice. lol No ifs ands or buts about it.

HEH HEH YOU SAID BUTS.  I did enjoy the fanservice, though.  I remember it was very calming, almost hypnotic, to watch her swaying in time with the battle music.  To this day when I hear the Ep 1 battle theme I basically just think of Shion's amazing booty. owo

Last edited by stitchedmoon on Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:54 am

I don't think I ever got that far in XS2, but wasn't the same true of the cutscenes in XS2? Either way, I think I kept Shion and KOS-MOS in their bathing suits for most of my playthrough of XS3, but that was many many years ago. I need to go watch a billion vids now.
    Nikkolas

Post by Nikkolas Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:24 am

stitchedmoon wrote:
    HEH HEH YOU SAID BUTS.  I did enjoy the fanservice, though.  I remember it was very calming, almost hypnotic, to watch her swaying in time with the battle music.  To this day when I hear the Ep 1 battle theme I basically just think of Shion's amazing booty. owo

Yeah I loved her battle pose in EP1 too because it was just so lackadaisical.

EP1 was truly a pioneering work and not just in storytelling or writing. Shion was cute but by no means was she a "bombshell". In fact I know a lot of people who find her ugly in the game. (!) Coupled with her small-ish breasts and large-ish booty and Shion was breaking all kinds of typical anime barriers and stereotypes.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:33 am