Xeno Fannage!

Revamped Cosmos launching, some cool Xeno connection...

Ben

Revamped Cosmos launching, some cool Xeno connection...

Post by Ben on Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:59 pm

http://arstechnica.com/science/2014/03/first-look-cosmos-rebooted-with-neil-degrasse-tyson/
    I just thought I'd bring this up because one of the things I noticed reading the board is that a lot of people didn't like or were kind of saddened by the nature of the universe in the Xeno games.  One of the things I really liked about them was that Takahashi was clearly up on some of the latest science, as well as philosophers like Heidegger (which seems to be where he got a lot of the idea for the wave existence from).  As depressing as the idea of a higher level of existence that causes this universe to exist (as well as eventually be destroyed, unfortunately) is, it's pretty close to a lot of viable theories put forth by philosophers and physicists.  So, if you're into that stuff and want to see some of the scientific theories Takahashi incorporated, this would be a good show to check out.

EDIT:  Also, I put this in the gaming forum because of the Xeno element, but on second thought it probably should have gone to general discussion.  Mods feel free to move it, of course.
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Re: Revamped Cosmos launching, some cool Xeno connection...

Post by katimus_prime on Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:35 pm

I am a huuuuge fan of Cosmos! I hope the remake is just as cool!

I'll take care of moving the topic here! :D +1 to this thread! (Sorry I can't brain enough to lend a more intelligent response, but 4.4.14 is happening and using up all of my spoons.)

"There is no growth without birth.  Without a foothold in the past, we cannot walk toward the future.  Get thee gone, darkness!"

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:42 pm

This sounds incredible-- I'll have to remember to check it out!!
    I personally really like the structure of the Xenosaga universe, so finding out more about some of the actual science behind it sounds brilliant. (Plus, inspirational for my own sci-fi epic!) Thank you for sharing!
    stitchedmoon

Post by stitchedmoon on Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:15 am

Ziggy approves. C:

Current date/time is Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:10 am