Xeno Underground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Xeno Metaseries Community

Hello, this forum is in read-only mode. There is another forum at https://godsibb.net.

3 posters

Is it possible to...

Is it possible to... Empty Is it possible to...

Post by Guest Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:14 pm

Mod the .iso (also known as the GAME ITSELF DERP),and not only subtitles and alike,which I even had the luck to come across and own such modded games,but I mean as creating new places,characters,skills,adding/switching musics,make a new dvd for xenosaga 1/2/3,put a clear-game plot in xenosaga 1...long story short being Wilhelm haha.
    GoldeneyeDS

Is it possible to... Empty Re: Is it possible to...

Post by GoldeneyeDS Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:33 pm

Let me address each point as in a list.
    1) Subtitles easily, they are stored in plain text for all non pre-rendered cutscenes.
    2)Places? Nope unless you figure out how they are stored.
    3) Same with Characters and Skills. You can change models, but hacking in game i think.
    4)Switching musics and stuff is easier in XSII and II because it uses ADX format. XSI is a little harder, not the same structure.
    5)Modding plots is pretty damned impossible, and won't ever be possible with the current interest in Xenosaga sadly. The Disc structure is kinda known, but the files and stuff needed to change scripted events isn't known well, and trying to reverse engineer that is pretty unlikely sorry.

XSII and III are the most moddable.

Post by Guest Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:18 pm

1)That's nice.
    2)I could try,if I had time and someone to teach me a bit
    3)The same is valid for creating characters,their voices and even side-quests?
    4)Great to hear so.
    5)...shame.
    kare_reiko
    kare_reiko
    Donator

Post by kare_reiko Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:27 am

Best to hack is ep3, you can hack characters into gameplay, Primantis done a lot vids and pictures with mods like that long time ago. I myself was only able to hack model viewer in ep3, somehow it never worked for me in main game.
    It's possible to export ep2 models of places, they are into .map type files, but it's only possible in ep2, script don't work good for ep3.
    As for ep1 it's almost impossible to hack or export anything from it. it using some kind of compressed .dat files and no one was able to figure out how to hack it. Well.. not everyone, there is some guy in japan that exported models and places from ep1 but he always said to everyone "f**k up" and don't let anyone know how he done that.

As for music etc, never tryed but you would need to put out files, exchange them then put back all files as they were in iso.
    katimus_prime
    katimus_prime
    Administrator

Post by katimus_prime Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:10 pm

This is way out of my league, but good luck!

Post by Guest Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:37 pm

Same for me as well katimus,but I always wanted to add something...more personal to xenosaga sagas,even if some few small changes and alike.
    GoldeneyeDS

Post by GoldeneyeDS Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:36 pm

Okay, let me elaborate:
    There are tools which open the file of all the discs, but XSII/III is the same tool. Once opened you can view many different files.
    With 2 and 3 you have two munge files which are opened, one stores disc speficic stuff, the other stores stuff used on both discs. All music/voice files are stored as xxx.adx. And you can open ADX files with some programs. You could also replace these adx files with a music of the same name, you just need to convert it into ADX. You could even take music from WEWY if you wanted to, as they both use ADX format (even sonic heroes xD). Its not too picky about size and bitrate it seems.
    Video files are stored as .sfd with .adx audio inside. You could replace these but the PS2 is VERY picky about resolution and such, and i really haven't messed around with it.
    You can then repackage as an iso and emulate it.
    This being the biggest point, emulation is by far the best when your messing around with ISO's. Actual PS2 can be more picky about size differences than if you emulate it.

XSI, i have the tools to crack it open, and its much the same process apart from its all command line. These store video files as .pss files, basically M-PEG II files, and are a pain to read.

Overall, there is room, but you, unless you put in significant reverse engineering (and teach yourself lots), realistically its improbable to modify the game,to an extent you change the plotline. Don't want to put you down here, because we'e seen with Sonic games it can be done, its just very difficult.

If you want me to send you a tutorial to get your started, i'd be happy to send it to you!

Post by Guest Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:15 pm

Thanks for the hints Goldeneye!Though I don't have time until atg least october 30 +- to try doing those things,and I was thinking of an actual 3rth dvd for XS3 with few extra stages and bosses,of course likely imported from XS1 or XS2,at least the models.How possible would that be?Or making chaos/Wilhelm/alike as bosses too.
    GoldeneyeDS

Post by GoldeneyeDS Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:30 pm

General modding like that is beyond my knowledge really (i just mess with the audio and video files, and tinker with the decrypted files.
    I'd imagine you could model swap certain bosses, but it would keep the same attacks. That's just a model swap though, it may be possible (although this would be new work do) to actually change the moves for others in the games. The issue with Wilhem being a boss is lack of movements for battle. Depending on bone structure you could try and give him some movements of other characters/bosses, but i have no idea how to do that.
    A third disc? ehhhhhhhh, i guess? ALOT of work. Its probably easier to use one of the discs as a base, but changing how the game flows would require reverse engineering of the files that do that and understanding all the flags. It would almost be easier to code the game from scratch.
    In games like KH we can make Dual wielding Roxas replace Sora, but in cutscenes his bone structure is so different it glitches out.

My honest opinion, modding boss fights is possible, to what degree denoted the amount of work you'd need to do.
    Modding in structures would require a lot of work, trial and error. If you are passionate, give it a go, but it won't be easy, I'd say very improbable.
    Modding the scenarios, would require massive understanding of the game as a whole, pretty unlikely.
    Importing chars from XSI and II, depends how how they are stored. Honestly i know nothing here, but i'd imagine XSII would be in a similar format to III judging by how they are similar in disc structure etc.

If you wanted to create a whole new scenario with boss fights, its very hard. Games like Sonic have done this, and people have done this before, but i think thats partly due to it using a known game engine and also to do with there being a lot of people to help.
    kare_reiko
    kare_reiko
    Donator

Post by kare_reiko Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:48 pm

You can exchange party characters for any other that are in ingame cutscenes. Prim once done that in both ep2-3 and even a little in ep1. He did put into party Juli, Wilhelm, Kevin, Nephilim etc., there are only few models that don't work (Mary Magdalene, Shion's mother...).
    I don't remember if he ever swap enemy model for other one. But that could be hard since you can't hack enemy before battle for emulator reload his date. You would need to exchange models on iso folders I think...

Post by Guest Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:47 pm

As annoying as it may be,the standings of you all are more realistic/optimistic than negative,especially making a third XS3 disc,even more when it's about scenarios and good of you to bring bones/models golden eye,I have modded oblivion a bit so I know exactly what you mean,maybe using Wilhelm with clumsy Alan's moves plus techs and alike.

Well,as for the actual 3rd if at all,maybe simply modding the iso to play in a unblocked ps3 by putting the iso into an external HD or simply the computer by emulation,the best choice would be picking a stage or three,pick the coding for disc swaping,saving,equips...moves... common data to all discs in short, and then adding or replacing content,even so that'd require ENOURMOUS knowledge over it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:01 am